Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default First mods to my Special - are factory fogs worth the $$?

Just got my 2021 F3sS. Fender chop ordered. So is a rear Elka stage 2. Waiting for them to get here.
    So here is my question. Are factory foglights worth the extra money?
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-15-2021 at 06:36 PM. Reason: Title clarification + 'exyra' ;-)

Spyder Garage

No. Go to Lamonster Garage or Spyderpops. I believe they are $189 or so. Factory is $534.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 04-15-2021 at 06:56 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

IPS fogs from Lamonster. They are plug and play. Your byke is factory wired for them. It won't look aftermarket..

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by VIOLENTCHEF View Post
    Just got my 2021 F3sS. Fender chop ordered. So is a rear Elka stage 2. Waiting for them to get here.
    It has been re-ported that BRP has made the Fog lights better so investigate that first ...... otherwise I'd buy some DRL's from Denali ( about the same cost ).... they make night into DAY .... good luck .... Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    Consider that they provide very little light for the cost ..... I'd buy some DRL's from Denali ( about the same cost ).... they make night into DAY .... good luck .... Mike
    The new LED's we are talking about are bright enough to knock your socks off. We are going to add the headlights when we go to Hot Springs.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ARtraveler View Post
    The new LED's we are talking about are bright enough to knock your socks off. We are going to add the headlights when we go to Hot Springs.
    Thanks for this info .... BRP obviously got the message and up-graded them ..... Mike

Spyder Garage

Thanks folks, yeah, definitely going to put new bulbs in the headlights. I want the fogs because i do a fair amount of country road driving. Deer, turkey and coyote. I want as much peripheral lighting as possible.

Spyder Garage

It has been re-ported that BRP has made the Fog lights better so investigate that first ...... otherwise I'd buy some DRL's from Denali ( about the same cost ).... they make night into DAY .... good luck .... Mike
    Does that mean BRP spots went from$500 to $800 since they are improved?

Spyder Garage

I recently added foglights to my 2071 F3L and did a lot of research on what to buy, and I wanted to install myself. For me, Lamonster IPS lights were the best choice at $189 US dollars. I watched the video many times so I knew what I needed to do. It was very easy to install and tool about 45 minutes - totally plug-n-play. I cannot believe how bright the lights are. They will also make a strong case for LED headlights which I bought at the same time.

The foglights are simply outstanding and I have no buyers remorse at all.
    Jim

Spyder Garage

Thanks everyone. Went to order the lemonstar's and they are out of stock. Stupid covid.

Spyder Garage

Thanks everyone. Went to order the lemonstar's and they are out of stock. Stupid covid.
    Spyderpops has the same ones. Also a site sponsor.

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Yeah, they are out of stock as well. Thank you though......

Spyder Garage

I got mine from sling mods 179.00 good pricing and the lighting is night and day difference when driving at night...can am fog lights1.jpgcan am fog lights2.jpg now i just have to do the front headlights to match but im in no hurry...will be ordering that from slingmods as well..

Spyder Garage

Sling Mods looks to be out too.
    2021 F3-S Special , Gravity Grey

Spyder Garage

Yeah, seems like they are stuck on the evergreen or something. Pharoahrider. Looks like we have similar taste

Spyder Garage

Yeah, seems like they are stuck on the evergreen or something. Pharoahrider. Looks like we have similar taste
    Similar tastes or 0 options...??? One in the same.

Well at least the F3sS option was in our favor. Still waiting for that call from the dealer to go pick mine up.
    2021 F3-S Special , Gravity Grey

Very Active Member CloverHillCrawler's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I just got my 2020 back in March with the led upgrades and the fog lights. They are so bright that I cant use them. Every time I do it upsets the people in front of me and they always hit their brakes when I approach from at least 10 car lengths back.

lightssunset.jpglightssunset3.jpg

2020 F3 SE6

Safety and Lighting: LED Headlight upgrade, IPS LED Fog lights, Show Chrome LED Fender Signals, LED Signature Light, Tric LED Afterburnerz, MotoHorn 2.0

Suspension: Wilbers Front and Rear Shocks, BajaRon Sway Bar, Vredestein Quatrac Front and Rear Tires

Comfort: Blue Ridge Windshield, Corbin Dual Touring Saddle, Ultimate Floorboards, OEM Passenger Backrest with Rear Shelf, OEM Passenger Floorboards Modified with High Risers from Pierre

Tackform Center Mount Phone Holder w/ rapid charging USB-C.
    2020 F3 , Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CloverHillCrawler View Post
    I just got my 2020 back in March with the led upgrades and the fog lights. They are so bright that I cant use them. Every time I do it upsets the people in front of me and they always hit their brakes when I approach from at least 10 car lengths back.

IMHO they are not focused correctly ..... good luck .... Mike

Spyder Garage

Yeah I was wondering how adjustable the aftermarket lights are. From what I saw BRPs have 3 adjust screws from the back
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-21-2021 at 06:59 AM. Reason: ajust

Spyder Garage

That's why I put my (4) frontal aux lights on a switch. Routed/wired to my frunk accessory circuit.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

IMHO they are not focused correctly ..... good luck .... Mike
    I would look that up and make the adjustments, but I would also hope that as much money that I paid for those that they would of adjusted them during the install. That's the main reason I paid extra to have them installed when I bought the bike.

And considering who I bought the bike from has a Platinum certification that they would of done it right. I guess another thing to add to my list when I take it in for it's first service.

2020 F3 SE6

Safety and Lighting: LED Headlight upgrade, IPS LED Fog lights, Show Chrome LED Fender Signals, LED Signature Light, Tric LED Afterburnerz, MotoHorn 2.0

Suspension: Wilbers Front and Rear Shocks, BajaRon Sway Bar, Vredestein Quatrac Front and Rear Tires

Comfort: Blue Ridge Windshield, Corbin Dual Touring Saddle, Ultimate Floorboards, OEM Passenger Backrest with Rear Shelf, OEM Passenger Floorboards Modified with High Risers from Pierre

2020 F3 , Black

Spyder Garage

I would look that up and make the adjustments, but I would also hope that as much money that I paid for those that they would of adjusted them during the install. That's the main reason I paid extra to have them installed when I bought the bike.

And considering who I bought the bike from has a Platinum certification that they would of done it right. I guess another thing to add to my list when I take it in for it's first service.
    #1. - from what I have learned over the years here ( since 2011 ) " platinum" or any other Dealer rating is almost entirely based on BRP Products Sales !!! .... Service is not in the mix ...... and #2.- poor dealer service is the norm not the exception .... I personally have had Bad experience using Dealer service, and have been doing my own maintenance etc. .... good luck .... Mike

Spyder Garage

#1. - from what I have learned over the years here ( since 2011 ) " platinum" or any other Dealer rating is almost entirely based on BRP Products Sales !!! .... Service is not in the mix ...... and #2.- poor dealer service is the norm not the exception .... I personally have had Bad experience using Dealer service, and have been doing my own maintenance etc. .... good luck .... Mike
    Thanks for the advice, I have had Jet ski's for over 10 years that never saw a dealers mechanic but then again there was a whole lot less to maintain. These are a lot more of a complicated beast to take on. Once I have more knowledge about it I'll be swinging those wrenches.

2020 F3 SE6

2020 F3 , Black

Spyder Garage

Troop - Got the switch, I call it the "make the car in front of me go slow switch"

Every time I press it all of the cars in front of me start hitting their brake lights. Even the "Big Boys" with their lifted trucks seem to hate these fog lights.

And on 2 lane roads at night, About every 3rd car from oncoming traffic flashes their high beams thinking I have my high beams on.

2020 F3 SE6

2020 F3 , Black

Spyder Garage

Now to install them...20210505_121327_copy_2000x934.jpg