Spyder Garage

Default Difference between Std & Premiere Edition RT's? - 2011

I just bought a 2011 Spyder RTS SE5 Premier Edition numbered but I can't find out any info as to what is the difference between a PE model and a standard RT-S. Anyone have info about this?

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by finatic View Post
    I just bought a 2011 Spyder RTS SE5 Premier Edition numbered but I can't find out any info as to what is the difference between a PE model and a standard RT-S. Anyone have info about this?
    First, you need to verify the year. From what I find the Premiere Edition was 2010, which makes sense since that was the first year for the RT. The only thing I've been able to find about what made the Premier different from the rest of the RT-S line up is the stitching in the seat and the number, it came in black only, came with a special engraved iPod, and was a limited edition.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

I ran the vin through a decoder and it is a 2011. Mine is torch red and has an engraved seat with 0766 number on it. Maybe someone changed out the seat at some point.

Spyder Garage

Believe there were special filler plates on Handel bars sorry Don’t know if was on RT

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by finatic View Post
    I ran the vin through a decoder and it is a 2011. Mine is torch red and has an engraved seat with 0766 number on it. Maybe someone changed out the seat at some point.
    That's what I would be inclined to think. My Google searching brought up nothing that links 2011 with Premiere Edition.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

For RT's....2010 was the year of the "Premier Edition." The Premier color was BLACK. It came with a numbered seat. I had #474. They were NOT worth anything additional. My dealer laughed at me when I tried to get another $500 in trade because it was "special."

BRP made some bad decisions about those specials. The numbered editions were supposed to be limited. They were not. BLACK was the primo, prime/o color in 2010. The next year, they relegated black to the cheapest version of the RT. Most models of M/C now do that as a regular thing.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red