Spyder Garage

Default Install 2nd antenna

i am installing an antenna in the second antenna hole on the left side of the trunk on an 2019 RT SE6. The antenna is for a CB. That hole is plugged now with a knock out plug. How do I access the area below the knock out plug so I can work on the mounting? I don't know if removing the trunk liner give access or if removing the rubber arm rest on the top outside left of the trunk gives access. Can anyone help?

Dan Forker

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

Thanks that will help a lot. I don't know how I failed to see that you tube. I think I started to watch it and quit before he got to the part about taking the antenna mount apart. Anyway, Thanks,

Spyder Garage

Pretty easy actually. Remove rear bodywork that fits from left to right passenger handgrip. Remove left side passenger armrest / speaker box bodywork. Pretty simple 5 minute removal, just be careful not to scratch the paint or break and bodywork anchoring tabs.

Once the armrest bodywork is removed, the small blanking plug is very easily without breaking the retaining tabs.

Spyder Garage

I understand the procedure to access the location of the antenna mount area and there is a very good You Tube on that subject. It is providing a secure mount for the antenna inside that factory space for the antenna that is the problem. Can Am designed it to be used for another FM radio antenna with their OEM antenna system which is not compatible with a CB mount.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bartender View Post
    I understand the procedure to access the location of the antenna mount area and there is a very good You Tube on that subject. It is providing a secure mount for the antenna inside that factory space for the antenna that is the problem. Can Am designed it to be used for another FM radio antenna with their OEM antenna system which is not compatible with a CB mount.
    Sorry Dan, your original post was specifically asking about how to access the area and not about mounting the antenna. I did reply in regards to gaining access.

As for mounting a CB antenna, Can Am used the left side location specifically for this. I do not run a CB, and you have not mentioned whether you are planning to run a Can Am CB system or an aftermarket CB system. If your planned system requires a metallic ground plane, it seems doubtful that location will be acceptable. If your planned antenna secures by threading into a base, you might consider purchasing the oem Can Am brass block antenna mount and attaching hardware, then modify as needed by machining in the mill or lathe to get what you have planned to work.

In simple terms, I became bored with the oem fibreglass antenna that was stock on ours. I removed that prior to it snapping off and installed a hidden antenna. After following a Gold Wing with dual antennas, I thought that looked cool, so I installed a fake left side antenna and run matching full length stainless antennas.

All the best with your planned CB installation.