Spyder Garage

Default Will any other Bombardier ignition switch fit Spyder GS?

was wondering if its possible to use a bombardier ignition switch on a 2008 spyder gs , the difference in replacement cost is huge

Spyder Garage

Guessing something from side by side or other how much physically will fit/operate, much less talk to DESS. Might be more Can-Am

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

There is a new one on EBAY for $220

Look at this on eBay
    Can-Am 08-13 Spyder Roadster GS RS ST Ignition Switch 710002971 New OEM

1973 Honda CL 350 Scrambler (given to Son)
    2018 Vespa Primavera (Wife’s ride)
    2008 Spyder GS
    2020 Piaggio MP3

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by flea View Post
    was wondering if its possible to use a bombardier ignition switch on a 2008 spyder gs , the difference in replacement cost is huge
    I may be able to save you some money. If you'd like me to give you a price quote, let me know. Part # 710002971?
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Electrically speaking it may work, but remember there is a " chip " that gets a signal from your KEY .... and it probably won't have the Frunk Un-lock connector( ie. cable tab ) .... if you haven't made a separate cable dis-connect for the Frunk, it's easy to do and I highly recommend making one. IMHO the ignition switch is not strong enough for the Frunk cable ..... many here have found this out the hard way .... good luck .... Mike

Spyder Garage

dont know if its the switch or not at the moment but doing my research before i start as this is the first prob iv had with it since buying except brake failure warning / all the brakes and fluid changed checked and ok , have been riding it for months with light on.... there is a 2nd hand switch module for sale , would this be the likely bit to brake down and would it reconize the chip in my key ... also mike can you explain the frunk cable a bit better /cable disconect for the frunk

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

dont know if its the switch or not at the moment but doing my research before i start as this is the first prob iv had with it since buying except brake failure warning / all the brakes and fluid changed checked and ok , have been riding it for months with light on.... there is a 2nd hand switch module for sale , would this be the likely bit to brake down and would it reconize the chip in my key ... also mike can you explain the frunk cable a bit better /cable disconect for the frunk
    " frunk cable dis-connect " back in 2010 I rigged up a cable pull release for that Frunk ( did the same for my 2011 RSS and then for my 2014 RT ). ... many folks here have followed my lead and done the same .... check the Archives for posts that have pics of what needs to be done. ..... Mike