Spyder Garage

Default Comfort Seat - is it worth the money to upgrade??

Is it worth the money and trouble to replace the old seat with a Comfort Seat? Currently, my 2018 RT Limited has a Coast to Coast seat on it. And wife is ok with it providing she has a extra cushion to sit on.

Spyder Garage

The primary purpose of the Comfort Seat is to give the driver additional leg room; there's essentially no difference in the passenger seat portion of the Comfort Seat over an OEM seat. I have no experience with a Coast to Coast seat. For me the Comfort Seat gave me the additional legroom I wanted at a price substantially less than aftermarket seats. I've been very pleased with for 71K miles.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

Think about contacting Alaskan leathers for one of their sheep skins cut at 1 inch. It makes the ride a lot cooler and more comfortable.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by TNGoodwyne View Post
    Is it worth the money and trouble to replace the old seat with a Comfort Seat? Currently, my 2018 RT Limited has a Coast to Coast seat on it. And wife is ok with it providing she has a extra cushion to sit on.
    I think your butt's the only one that can answer that question!!! Everyones butt's are different, I know that there was a difference in the stock seat and the comfort seat on my RTL, when I found one to swap it out with. I took my stock seat and installed a gel pad, yes it did help but I needed more, hence the comfort seat Good luck, let your butt do the talking!!!
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

Motorcycle Dave is a sponsor on this site and offers a cheaper option. I went with an Ultimate Seat after a trial during the Rally a couple years ago...
    Trent - 2017 asphalt grey RT Limited,
    Ultimate Seat, Baha Ron’s sway bar, Vredestine rear tire, Federal Formoza fronts, SlingMod’s LED head and fog lights, Lamonster’s highway pegs

HE>I
    2017 RT , Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

I have a heated comfort seat for sale if you're interested. Chris

2021 RT Limited
    2021 Spyder RT Liminted , Marsala Red in Black

Spyder Garage

We went from the OEM stock seat on our 2013 RT to a Mustang seat from Pierre at CanAM Spyder Accessories. We tried Bead Rider, which helped some with heat. Pillows, and cushions and cutting some foam out. The Mustang complete with driver and passenger backrests worked wonders!!!!!! I may get some sheep skins someday as well. Make sure the seat support will hold up whatever you do.

Spyder Garage

I have the comfort seat with motorcycle Dave’s gel and heated seat pads. Depends on the day and the type of riding. I will sometimes ride with the seat, other times I slide on the airhawk for a portion and sometimes sounds dumb but I bought and extra gell pad from Dave that I slide into the airhawk. If I’m riding 1000 mile trip I switch it up every fuel stop just so my butt feels something different and not in the same position. My wife uses the airhawk at times and just the seat with the gel under it at times.

“Born to Ride......Ride to Live....MOATER ON !
    “Current ride: 2017 RT Limited”

Spyder Garage

I have a comfort seat and the reason I got it was the extra almost 2 inches it sits me back. As far as comfort goes-I agree that you are the only that can tell if and when you get the comfort you like. I have a sheepskin and airhawk. I leave the sheepskin on all the time and switch the airhawk off and on depending on how my butt feels. I keep thinking I would like to add the gel pad insert some day.

Good luck with finding what fits you.

Spyder Garage

Over the years, I have had three comfort seats. Put one on the 2009 RS, The 2011 RT, and the 2014 RT-S. In all cases the ride felt improved over the OEM version of the seat.

I have been under the impression that the Coast to Coast is a bit more upline than the BRP comfort seat. So if you have that one...you should be even better off.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

I ordered a comfort seat yesterday because the stock seat is killing my backside. Went for a ride today in 88° heat and I just got off the phone ordering a short cut sheepskin from Alaskan leathers. I’ll put that on top of the comfort seat and And my butt will be cool. I said cool not good looking!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JayBros View Post
    The primary purpose of the Comfort Seat is to give the driver additional leg room; there's essentially no difference in the passenger seat portion of the Comfort Seat over an OEM seat. I have no experience with a Coast to Coast seat. For me the Comfort Seat gave me the additional legroom I wanted at a price substantially less than aftermarket seats. I've been very pleased with for 71K miles.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Default SEA to SKY Seat / Comfort Seat

Quote Originally Posted by TNGoodwyne View Post
    I was informed by my local Can Am dealer the STS seat is a comfort seat. This seat is comfortable for the passenger but hard and uncomfortable for the driver. This is one of my biggest complaints about the STS. So...is the comfort seat worth the price? I would say no and look for another quality aftermarket seat.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mrjeffro View Post
    I was informed by my local Can Am dealer the STS seat is a comfort seat. This seat is comfortable for the passenger but hard and uncomfortable for the driver. This is one of my biggest complaints about the STS. So...is the comfort seat worth the price? I would say no and look for another quality aftermarket seat.
    I’m not sure you have a STS or not, but my understanding the STS is a comfort seat with the addition of “adaptable foam.” My first few rides I thought the seat was great, but last couple rides it starts getting a little uncomfortable for me after a couple hours. I’m going to stick with the OEM STS seat for a good while since that was one of the main reasons I bought that model. If I ever decide to try an aftermarket seat I’ll probably go for a Russell Day Long seat.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Adventurer View Post
    I’m not sure you have a STS or not, but my understanding the STS is a comfort seat with the addition of “adaptable foam.” My first few rides I thought the seat was great, but last couple rides it starts getting a little uncomfortable for me after a couple hours. I’m going to stick with the OEM STS seat for a good while since that was one of the main reasons I bought that model. If I ever decide to try an aftermarket seat I’ll probably go for a Russell Day Long seat.
    The OP has a 2018 RTL and the STS is a later generation that is not compatible with 2019 and earlier RT seats, OEM or Comfort.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JayBros View Post
    The OP has a 2018 RTL and the STS is a later generation that is not compatible with 2019 and earlier RT seats, OEM or Comfort.
    My earlier post was responding to @Mrjeffro’s post, that’s why I quoted Mrjefro’s post to clarify I was responding to his post and not the OP, apparently I failed.