Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Anyone with Parkinson's Still Ryde Their Spyder?

If so, how long have you been ryding since your initial diagnosis? And what special accommodations, if any, have you made in order to ryde?

Thanks!
    Bert
    Bert

Spyder Garage

I don't know about the Spyder aspect of it, however, Sterling Martin still races cars with it!

Spyder Garage

My wife rides only as passenger, tho that's coming to an end due to her fear in recent times of falling off in bends, even tho she's been a pillion on it for eleven and a half years. She was formally diagnosed 15 years ago with PD. She had her own Suzuki GN250 for 5 years before that but I'd begun to notice control/balance issues some times while following her. After a few minor falls we agreed that it was time for her to continue her riding as a pillion on my bikes. She continued driving her car for another 10 years but after a few minor low speed bingles over the preceding coupla years she agreed to give up driving before something serious happened. So, allow me to answer your question this way: when folks close to you start giving you hints about your control skill of the trike )or car for that matter), it's about time to give up before you or someone else is hurt, whether you feel it's time or not.

Rides safe for as long as can, but no longer.
    The best substitute for brains & knowledge is....................silence.

Spyder Garage

I suffer from essential tremor, but I still ride without any problem. I did get stopped once and the officer asked me why I was so nervous. I pulled out my medical card and he totally understood.