Spyder Garage

Spyder Hey Ya'll We Got A New Member! Lets welcome bsavulis to SL

Welcome bsavulis, post up a hello, introduce yourself & get that 1st post notch on your Spyder!

Thanks for joining our forum community bsavulis, from the staff at Can-Am Spyder & Ryker Three Wheel Motorcycles.

Here's some helpful links to start you along your journey here @SL:
    Forum Rules and Guidelines
    Do's & Don'ts for new Spyder Owners
    Check out & add your Spyder to the Garage
    Check the Visited Maps page & add your traveled Map to your signature

Do NOT post support questions here, please post them in the appropriate forum once your account is approved.

Spyder Garage

Default Thinking of switching to 3 wheels, not a Spyder owner .....yet

My wife and I have toured extensively on two wheels over the years, 2 Kawasaki Voyagers, and a Gl1500 Aspencade have taken us to most every state east of the Mississippi river. We are both in our mid 60's and thinking about our next touring step. The wing is getting a bit heavy for me fully loaded, riding 2 up. So we have been talking about 3 wheels. I am a pretty big guy 6'3" 250, she is 5'4" (after 40 years, I know better than to even hint at her weight). I am wondering which model is the right FIT. RT / F3. I am more accustomed to an upright typical riding posture. Is it hard to switch of the motorcycle habits and adjust to the reverse trike? Which motor is better the 990 or the 1300? I know it will take me a bunch of time to get used to revving a motor to the recommended ratings. I am sure that we will buy used, is there anything we should look for? I do see a number of very low mileage trikes available? Is there any opinion as to the reason, some are 6-10 years old and have less mileage than I put on the wing the first season.

Thanks for any comments.
    Brian

Very Active Member CopperSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Welcome to the forum Bsavulis. I hope you enjoy it. You can find lots of good information here on the different models of Spyder in the different areas of the forum. You should repost your questions in the Spyder General Discussion area of the forum, you will gets lots of replies and opinions. The only way you will know what bike is the best fit for you is to go to a dealer with the wife and sit on the RT and the F3 they are different. The RT is better for two up and sits up. the F3 sit lower with feet forward. Riding the Spyder will take time to learn its not like a 2 wheeler but once you get the hang of it you will love it and when you come to a stop you will love the fact that it hold you and the wife up not the other way around you hold the bike up. I hope to see you around the forum soon.
    My Spyder
    2012 RTL , Brown