Spyder Garage

Default Will xm using the AUX connection stream to helmet, not using BPR C

Have tried to find out if the audio from xm radio using the aux connection will stream the audio to a bluetooth helmet connection. Have not gotten the proper gear for xm radio yet so I need to see if anyone knows about using the AUX jack. Have run this by the BPR C facebook group but no none seems to have the answer to this question. Thanks for any help.

Spyder Garage

Any audio input to the Spyder radio aux connecter. Should be able to output to the Spyder speakers or the BT helmet headsets. Output is operator choice.

I use my phone to BT stream Sirius/XM to the radio. No need for extra equipment. It works very well. Something you could consider.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Thanks for your reply, I am streaming xm at the present time, but cannot get the same programing with streaming and the phone service is spottie in a lot of places. Just want to make sure that what I purchase will be able to flow to the BT in helmet.

Spyder Garage

Streaming is very dependent on a cell connection. So having spotty service where you ride is a problem for streaming.
    Did not know all content was not available in a stream. I just have not come across that so far.
    Using the aux input should work well. I just have not used it. No reason that it won't. If your Spyder is a 2018 or 19 and the dash firmware has not been updated. FM cannot be sent to your BT headset. Keep that in mind if you consider using the FM transmitter option on your XM receiver.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

I mounted a stand-alone XM radio on my 2020RT. I took the 5v from the USB and audio out to the AUX in in the glove box. I listen via speakers or BT to lid using the button on the tank.
    '20 Spyder RT: Bajaron swaybar. Vredestein tires, Pedal Commander, Elka front shocks, GPS/USB/12V handlebar mount, Heli-Bars, Radar Detector, KOTT grills & vents, Shad top case, chin & DRL LEDs.
    2020 RT base , Chalk White

Spyder Garage

2020 RT Limited, coming from HD Touring and blue tooth is all new to me, trying to learn as much as possibel before forking over big bucks for new helmet bluetooth and xm hook up.

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the info, what type of adapter from the usb to xm radio for the power?

Spyder Garage

My XM radio needs 5v so I cut open a USB cable and spliced the radio power lead to the 5v wires in the USB cable. I plugged the USB cable into the glove box USB connector and plugged the radio output into the AUX-In plug in glove box. When I want XM, I set the RT radio to AUX and either listen thru RT speakers or BT from RT to helmet.
    '20 Spyder RT: Bajaron swaybar. Vredestein tires, Pedal Commander, Elka front shocks, GPS/USB/12V handlebar mount, Heli-Bars, Radar Detector, KOTT grills & vents, Shad top case, chin & DRL LEDs.
    2020 RT base , Chalk White

Spyder Garage

I have a handlebar mounted Sirius radio with the audio out going to the audio in cable in the glove box. Yes, it works through the bike when set to the aux input and bluetooth helmet connected to the4 bike. This allows the volume buttons to control the volume in addition to the helmet mounted receiver. Cardo Packtalk Bold in my case.
    2020 RT Limited , Marsala Red