Spyder Garage

Default Lamonster handlebar risers vs Rox risers - any comparison?

anybody do a comparison of have an educated opinion of these two different options?

Thx
    Rick
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2018 F3 Limited - Intense Red Pearl . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Spyder Garage

I've tried both, and currently am using Lamonster's. The Rox IS more adjustable, but a PIA to get sufficiently tightened down. I never was able to get all four corners equally torqued due to the bar angle. Also, when riding hard, the handlebars can move as they don't really bite down well within the clamps. So far, I am content with the Lamonster's with my BRP attitude bars.

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

Rox are not suitable for a Spyder. Bar forces are too high. No worries with the Lamonster riser. YMMV
    Head in the game, eyes down the road... 2020RT
    Spyder Tryke Pylot
    2020 RT , Lamonster extender Petrol

Spyder Garage

I agree with the LM being the better choice over ROX. LM riser handles the torque and looks like OEM.
    '20 Spyder RT: Bajaron swaybar. Vredestein tires, Pedal Commander, Elka front shocks, GPS/USB/12V handlebar mount, Heli-Bars, Radar Detector, KOTT grills & vents, Shad top case, chin & DRL LEDs.
    2020 RT base , Chalk White

Spyder Garage

Lamonster's; so far, the best accessory I've added to the F3

Spyder Garage

Lamonster hit a home run on his, they work perfectly and feel like stock. There are no structural issues I can see, either.
    2020 RT Limited in the ultra cool Deep Marsala Dark edition.

Baja Ron Anti-Sway Bar, LED reflectors, Lamonster USB Charger (and phone mount), Can-Am Low Windshield, X-Creen Tour Variable Windscreen Spoiler Blade, Power Commander, Dilithium powered Flux Capacitor (not yet fully functional).
    Maintained by Lou at Pirate Powersports.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rjinaz86323 View Post
    anybody do a comparison of have an educated opinion of these two different options?

Thx
    Rick
    I have had the ROX 2 in riser made specifically for the F3 for 3 years with no problems.
    It is attached to the short reach BRP bars, together they fit me great.
    Bob

Spyder Garage

I’m not trying to highjack this post but I am curious why you went to risers? Are you tall with long arms? Tall which make the bars feel too low?
    2017 F3 Limited , Gloss Black with red and carbon fiber accents

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by GaryinWI View Post
    I’m not trying to highjack this post but I am curious why you went to risers? Are you tall with long arms? Tall which make the bars feel too low?
    PAIN. Simple but truthful answer. The stock bars were too low and too far forward for me (5'5") and the neck/upper back pain limited my time in the saddle to about 45 minutes. I ended up with F3 bars (which eliminated the pain) and have recently added Lamonster's riser. While the riser doesn't increase the comfort perceptibly, it puts my arms in a more powerful position, so I get less fatigued on longer rides.
    Head in the game, eyes down the road... 2020RT
    Spyder Tryke Pylot
    2020 RT , Lamonster extender Petrol

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MRH View Post
    Lamonster hit a home run on his, they work perfectly and feel like stock. There are no structural issues I can see, either.

Would be able to post the link for the Lamonster's risers for the 2019 Spyder F3 Limited? TY

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by sparky1947 View Post
    Would be able to post the link for the Lamonster's risers for the 2019 Spyder F3 Limited? TY
    Sparky, welcome to the Forum, and it's good to see you getting in & posting, but a quick word of advice - it always pays to check the date a thread started; AND to check the date on the last few posts in a thread before adding a reply or asking questions of people who might not be all that active on the Forum any more - and here, you can see that the last post in this thread before yours was back in April 2021, so it might take a while if you wait for a response....

BUT, you can click on the link for Lamonster Garage up toward the top right of the page (just about ANY page on Lamonster's SpyderLovers Forum ) then type 'F3 Riser' into the Search field that's in the top right of that page and hit the magnifying glass to submit your search, & you'll be there probly quicker'n it takes to find & click on a link!?!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 02-16-2023 at 09:54 PM.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!