Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Shorty windscreen? Is there such a thing?

I'm looking for a factory type cut down windscreen. I don't want to cut down my own windscreen. I'm just not that talented. Can Am website doesn't show anything but I could swear someone mentioned one.

I know about the aftermarket.

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MONK View Post
    I'm looking for a factory type cut down windscreen. I don't want to cut down my own windscreen. I'm just not that talented. Can Am website doesn't show anything but I could swear someone mentioned one.

I know about the aftermarket.
    What about this one? https://can-am-shop.brp.com/on-road/...indshield.html

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

That is the one I use in the summer and I really like it

Spyder Garage

Don't cut yourself short. Get some tips on how to shorten what you have. If it doesn't work out then you can get your wallet out.

Spyder Garage

I like it. Perfect for those hot Carolicki days ahead. I've never removed the windshield on my 21 RTL. any tips or is it straight forward?
    GLIDE-ON>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"Blue Belle" 2021 RTL Chrome in Petrol Blue
    2021 RTL Chrome , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

This interests me also. I have run a short sport shield on the GL1800 for years because I prefer to look over it and at 5'9" that was a stretch. I also placed a Saeng strip on it to catch and redirect rain and condensation so it wouldn't run down the inside of the shield. I just wonder if another mounting hole in the stock shield would allow it to drop down about 2 - 3".
    "Love 'em all.... Let GOD sort 'em out!"
    2021 RTL Dark Chalk Metallic with comfort seat
    1978 GL1000 w/'75 engine show bike
    1976 RD400c

Spyder Garage

Jurock will make you any size you want.
    Two Wheelers from 1963-2011

Three Wheelers:
    2011 RT(Red)
    2014 RT(white)
    2016 F3T(red)
    2022 RT current ride(silver)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Idaho---Thanks. I think that's the one I was looking for. Couldn't seem to find it on the BuRP site so that's why I asked here.

All---I don't want to cut down my OEM windscreen. I like it but want something shorter for summer. I'd actually like to trade one of my aftermarket windscreens for the stock shorty windscreen but that's for another thread. I'd rather not buy another windscreen. Actually, I WON'T buy another windscreen. Four is too many.

Spyder Garage

I have one for sale now. It is almost new with no scratches, bumps or bruises. I suspect it is from BRP but I am not sure. It was on my bike when I purchased from the dealership. It is 23 inches tall. Factory height on a RT is 15 inches. I just posted it in the FS Forum of this site. $225 with shipping to the lower 48 states.

Spyder Garage

I have one of the shorter W/S' on my 2016 RTL. I think they are referred to as 'Euro' which comes from European limits on how tall a motorcycle can be. Don't quote me on this.
    I like it a lot. I feel a reason for riding is the wind in you face and feeling outdoors. I would think BRP would have it in their catalog. I got mine from the FSBO section of SpyderLovers.
    I also have 2 full sized W/S' on the shelf that I would love to sell. One is vented and one is solid.

Good luck finding what you want.