Very Active Member Martin Slovakia's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Review: PedalBox Vs Pedal Commander, which unit is better?

I am so lucky, that I am able to play with things fro time to time and specially I love things like these Throttle Units or Exhausts or new Wheels,,, that just makes me happy.
    Now I have made a video about PedalBox, a thing that you maybe guys in US dont know that much, and I am comparing it with my beloved Pedal Commander.

Enjoy and in case you wanna have closer look, here is a link to shop, specially cool for 998 engine owners as this unit works for you guys as well !!!
    https://www.martinthevlogger.com/shop

Spyder Garage

I'm new to the forum so not sure if this is a good place for my post.

So I purchased PedalBox for my '21 F3 base model because of the trouble code thing with Pedal Commander. It didn't sound like a big deal but I don't want to mess with the possibility of trouble codes on a new bike. The unit arrived fast. It actually arrived sooner than things ordered in the US and sent by USPS. It took a few days for me to get the time to install it. While installing LED headlights (ugh), I plugged in the PedalBox and, with some excitement, started the bike. Guess what? Check engine light comes on and it goes into Limp Mode. Uninstall the PedalBox and good again. I repeated this numerous times with the same result. The trouble code is P0223. I'm in contact with Pedalbox stateside...waiting for their tech team to respond. Ironic that I bought it to avoid trouble codes and get a code right out of the box.

Spyder Garage

Hi buddy??? what???
    from where you have bought it? I doubt you have it from me - martinthevlogger.com/shop
    If the unit is not correctly programmed then you can have such a thing as an error code.
    but not with ours.. at least we have had 0 so far.

its like, you can buy chocolate cake in Walmart or one in nice tiny shop down the street. Both are chocolate cakes, one will be cooked with love and all of the correct ingredients...other one... well... it will be probably ok...

Spyder Garage

Hey Martin the Vlogger,

No, no I didn't buy it from you. I bought direct from manufacturer in Deutschland. (Sorry if I put my post in the wrong place...maybe I did...just was looking for a PedalBox thread rather than start a new thread)

The unit connects very simply, only one connector like it on the right side. Just the luck of the draw, I guess. when it comes to error codes. I agree about the chocolate cake thing. Home made is the best though, at least my wife's chocolate cake is the best!!

Spyder Garage

Sorry but I can't address your issue with the Pedal Box but I can tell you that I have had a Pedal Commander on my 2020RT for a couple thousand miles now with no error/trouble codes so not sure why your 2021 F3 would throw a code.

With both devices giving you issues I wonder if there might be something else going on with your F3 and hooking up the PC/PB is just the proverbial "straw that broke the camel's back" thing?

Spyder Garage

I only read/heard about Commander issues; I only have the PedalBox for now.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Slovakia View Post
    "I am so lucky, that I am able to play with things fro time to time"
    I ain't touching that line with a ten foot pole.
    But, thank you for the review. I was wondering what else was out there besides the pedal Commander.
    GLIDE-ON>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"Blue Belle" 2021 RTL Chrome in Petrol Blue
    2021 RTL Chrome , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Did you calibrate the min max throttle position before starting the engine
    2017 f3-s daytona , circuit yellow metallic

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BadMonk View Post
    Hey Martin the Vlogger,

No, no I didn't buy it from you. I bought direct from manufacturer in Deutschland. (Sorry if I put my post in the wrong place...maybe I did...just was looking for a PedalBox thread rather than start a new thread)

The unit connects very simply, only one connector like it on the right side. Just the luck of the draw, I guess. when it comes to error codes. I agree about the chocolate cake thing. Home made is the best though, at least my wife's chocolate cake is the best!!
    chocolate cake ))
    you know that the PedalBox from manufacturer does not come always with software, right? - and what is unique, is that the program has been fine tuned for months on the PedalBox we do use.
    Also it is very important that you do not cross 95% of possible capabilities, coz then it starts to throw in codes,... we are not going further than 95% etc. etc.
    It is use on so many different vehicles like Honda etc.. and honestly I was not aware that there is somebody else in Europe that has programmed it for 1330, 998 and ryker engines than us.
    anyway,. more than happy to help if I can.
    martin.

Spyder Garage

There are error codes, but you need to give the PC hard time. but i think also there is some the issue than the box itself.
    M.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Valkrocket View Post
    I ain't touching that line with a ten foot pole.
    But, thank you for the review. I was wondering what else was out there besides the pedal Commander.
    loooool