Very Active Member CloverHillCrawler's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Spyder Extras 12v Dock

I was thinking about getting one and was wondering about the experience that people have had with them.

800_8da18369c73310553c9ffb07793c93cc2fb3c1ed.jpg

2020 F3 SE6

Safety and Lighting: LED Headlight upgrade, IPS LED Fog lights, Show Chrome LED Fender Signals, LED Signature Light, Tric LED Afterburnerz, MotoHorn 2.0

Suspension: Wilbers Front and Rear Shocks, BajaRon Sway Bar, Vredestein Quatrac Front and Rear Tires

Comfort: Blue Ridge Windshield, Corbin Dual Touring Saddle, Ultimate Floorboards, OEM Passenger Backrest with Rear Shelf, OEM Passenger Floorboards Modified with High Risers from Pierre

Tackform Center Mount Phone Holder w/ rapid charging USB-C.
    2020 F3 , Black

Spyder Garage

Although I think this is a nice addition, I must be a Luddite, but I've not been able to understand what I would have to plug into two of those outlets. My GPS is hardwired and my phone, which stays in my pocket, is paired to my headset. Obviously I'm missing something new and exciting and leading edge.
    2012 2012 RT-L and 3015 RT-S , 2012 - red and 2015 black (way too black)

Spyder Garage

I had one and it worked great. Was in plenty of rain with it and had no issues. I only sold it because the euro version (as shown/one I had) didn't clear the bend of the attitude bars. I made one to fit with my bars. I bought one of these .. https://www.amazon.com/Nilight-Gauge...8152804&sr=8-5 and cut it in half. I attached it to this .. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 I ran the connection to the accessory wire underneath the left tupperware cover. I hard mounted it by cutting a piece of aluminum flat stock, drilling a couple holes and attaching to right front handlebar bolt. It would be pretty inconspicuous laying loosely at the steering column. Another option is this .. https://www.amazon.com/SAE-Cigarette...155778&sr=8-10 and this .. https://www.amazon.com/Charger-Charg...1&rps=1&sr=8-3
    Attached Images Attached Images

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Very Active Member CloverHillCrawler's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I plan on using my phone as navigation plus I am eventually planning on getting a Cardo pactalk bold for entertainment/communication. I mainly want the USB charging port for my phone, the 12v I would probably only use in an emergency. I have a little air compressor that can basically fit in the palm of my hand and is handy for doing on road tire plugging.

For years when I have a flat I don't use spares, I keep a plug kit and a compressor handy. No jacks and changing tires on the side of the highway just plug and fill with air and get somewhere else where it is safe to work on it.

2020 F3 SE6

Safety and Lighting: LED Headlight upgrade, IPS LED Fog lights, Show Chrome LED Fender Signals, LED Signature Light, Tric LED Afterburnerz, MotoHorn 2.0

Suspension: Wilbers Front and Rear Shocks, BajaRon Sway Bar, Vredestein Quatrac Front and Rear Tires

Comfort: Blue Ridge Windshield, Corbin Dual Touring Saddle, Ultimate Floorboards, OEM Passenger Backrest with Rear Shelf, OEM Passenger Floorboards Modified with High Risers from Pierre

Tackform Center Mount Phone Holder w/ rapid charging USB-C.
    2020 F3 , Black

Spyder Garage

SOLD I have a new F3 docking station For Sale. $75.00.

https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...-12V-GPS-Phone
    Last edited by Haze; 05-11-2021 at 01:15 PM. Reason: Sold
    David C
    2016 F3T
    DIY Garage Door Opener & GPS Mount
    Battery tender cable
    Rear IPS Pack Rack

Spyder Garage

i have one love it
    2019 f3t , titanium

Spyder Garage

Before purchasing Spyder Extras, check out what Providence Spyder Accessories offers. Very easy to work with, and much higher quality.

I got a Spyder Extras docking station. Was not impressed. Did not bother installing it, just sold it.

providence-spyder-accessories.com

Spyder Garage

I just installed one yesterday on my wife's 2021 RT. Fairly easy to install however, one of the connectors was wired backwards (confirmed with multimeter that the GPS connector it uses was wired correctly.) Buddy of mine helped reverse the wires in the connector and now it's all good.
    Trb-- (Roger)

2014 Cognac STL:Ultimate Seat, Nelson Rigg Tail Pack, Nelson Rigg RS/ST Half Cover, TL fender lights, Squared Away Laser Alignment, BajaRon sway bar and links, Akropovic Sport Silencer
    2022 White Pearl F3T
    Gone but not forgotten: 2019 F3S Special Series Liquid Titanium

Spyder States Visited

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Trbayth View Post
    I just installed one yesterday on my wife's 2021 RT. Fairly easy to install however, one of the connectors was wired backwards (confirmed with multimeter that the GPS connector it uses was wired correctly.) Buddy of mine helped reverse the wires in the connector and now it's all good.
    How did you know it was wired backwards? Pics of the problem and fix?
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

Over priced of course but I really like mine. Puts the phone right under the dash (view wise) where it is front and center but can still see the entire dash with phone attached (horizontally).