Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by fredgal View Post
    is there a link to a PDF file for install for the F3-limited.somewhere,, unable to locate one.. tks.
    PM, email, or call BajaRon, he'll see you get the right info!

His contact details can be found by clicking on the BAJARON logo in the list of Sponsors found on the Home Page, but I understand he's more likely to receive & respond to email queries quickly rather than via any social media links.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

i found the sway bar with free shipping, but it doesnt look like the one is this discussion, are there two versions , see Pic.. thanks..

https://cdn11.bigcommerce.com/s-1nu0...180230.jpg?c=2
    2020 F3 limited, liquid titanium
    grip puppies
    Bajaron sway bar
    lamonster belt dampener
    battery tender
    19 in freedom tinted windshield
    matte black daytona frunk wrap
    Quadtrac 165/60's

Spyder Garage

Fred, the picture you are reffering to, is with the old Balljoints, Bajaron has re-engineered them, to be much better, maybe that why they drop the shipping, IMHO
    the funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it........

Spyder F3s 2019 All Black ( Named it: Brutus)
    Carbon Items added, just for looks
    Upgraded Shocks Trac-Tive, Rear hi/lo and rebound adjustable, with Hydraulic Pre-Load adjuster
    fronts hi/lo and rebound adjustable, custom made by the Trac-Tive Guru's
    Swaybar (Ron's)
    Tyres Front Michelin Cross Climate+ 175/60-15
    Rear, for 2022 still a Kenda, next Yokohama Advan Fleva 205/55R15
    Exhaust Bone stock, with a RLS Cat- Delete
    Custom ECU-Mapping, rewritten/adapted to my Ridingstyle
    Pedalbox, Awesome Upgrade...
    2019 F3s , O.E.M. Black, Black, Black

Spyder Garage

i found the sway bar with free shipping, but it doesnt look like the one is this discussion, are there two versions , see Pic.. thanks..

https://cdn11.bigcommerce.com/s-1nu0...180230.jpg?c=2
    That appears to be an F3 bar, but it is hard to be sure from the camera angle. Be sure it is an F3 bar. You do not want to put an RT bar on your F3. They are too strong. Sway bars are what I call a 'Goldie Locks' component. You don't want them too week or too strong. Piratezz is correct. The links provided in that kit were discontinued a few years ago for the current and much improved version. Still, those should last you for several years if you are not riding in a salt environment.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

thanks all.. i think this is what i want, and it has free shipping also.. is this a vendor here ? thanks.. our roads are terrible here where i live..

https://spyderpops.com/can-am-spyder...f3-all-models/
    grip puppies
    Bajaron sway bar
    lamonster belt dampener
    battery tender
    Quadtrac 165/60's

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Aawen View Post
    PM, email, or call BajaRon, he'll see you get the right info!

His contact details can be found by clicking on the BAJARON logo in the list of Sponsors found on the Home Page, but I understand he's more likely to receive & respond to email queries quickly rather than via any social media links.
    thanks all.. i think this is what i want, and it has free shipping also.. is this a vendor here ? thanks.. our roads are terrible here where i live..

https://spyderpops.com/can-am-spyder...f3-all-models/
    I don't understand why you seem to be trying to make this so much harder than it needs to be fredgal? Have you contacted BajaRon direct yet??

As I mentioned in my earlier post (see above) BajaRon IS a vendor here, and I reckon it's usually worth your while to go direct to the source for things like this, avoiding any miss-communication in identifying EXACTLY what you need &/or 'middle-man fees & charges'.

Besides, he's a modest guy, and often won't directly tell people here if he can supply his product quicker, easier, &/or at a better price than any you might find elsewhere on the interwebs; but I suspect that even if Ron DOES sell things directly or indirectly thru Amazon or eBay, or via that link, there'll be some fees & charges involved in doing so which that price will have to include/cater for.

So I'd strongly recommend that you contact him direct, as suggested earlier. It's worth a shot, isn't it??

Go On, Do It!! You Know You Should!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Aawen View Post
    I don't understand why you seem to be trying to make this so much harder than it needs to be fredgal? Have you contacted BajaRon direct yet??

As I mentioned in my earlier post (see above) BajaRon IS a vendor here, and I reckon it's usually worth your while to go direct to the source for things like this, avoiding any miss-communication in identifying EXACTLY what you need &/or 'middle-man fees & charges'.

Besides, he's a modest guy, and often won't directly tell people here if he can supply his product quicker, easier, &/or at a better price than any you might find elsewhere on the interwebs; but I suspect that even if Ron DOES sell things directly or indirectly thru Amazon or eBay, or via that link, there'll be some fees & charges involved in doing so which that price will have to include/cater for.

So I'd strongly recommend that you contact him direct, as suggested earlier. It's worth a shot, isn't it??

Go On, Do It!! You Know You Should!
    i have contacted him.......and i will be buying a swaybar.........and a F4-windshield this week.........
    grip puppies
    Bajaron sway bar
    lamonster belt dampener
    battery tender
    Quadtrac 165/60's

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Dean O
    Gran Pa Hoon
    Founder San Jose BMW
    Builder of the Motorcyclist Cafe Barn and Bunkhouse
    Alamogordo, NM

'20 Spyder F3 L

Spyder Garage

talked to Ron, nice guy,, swaybar on its way,,yay...
    grip puppies
    Bajaron sway bar
    lamonster belt dampener
    battery tender
    Quadtrac 165/60's

Spyder Garage

talked to Ron, nice guy,, swaybar on its way,,yay...
    You will be happier for sure. One of the top 3 upgrades! Safety is #1, and this bar makes the bike safer and more fun. Money very well spent.

Spyder Garage

I have an 2016 F3 limited and it has a sway bar. Did they come stock? Or might this be an add-on?
    JL

Spyder Garage

The Baja Ron sway bar is thicker and stiffer than the OEM sway bar. If you find the lean in the corners to be too much or the spyder 'wanders' on the straights, time to upgrade.
    '20 Spyder RT: Bajaron swaybar. Vredestein tires, Pedal Commander, Elka front shocks, GPS/USB/12V handlebar mount, Heli-Bars, Radar Detector, KOTT grills & vents, Shad top case, chin & DRL LEDs.
    2020 RT base , Chalk White

Spyder Garage

Ordered mine yesterday. Can't wait to install and feel the difference. I ride with 2 wheelers so need to be able to stay up with them when we do long trips
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2018 F3 Limited - Intense Red Pearl . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by johnlawson View Post
    I have an 2016 F3 limited and it has a sway bar. Did they come stock? Or might this be an add-on?
    JL
    All Spyders come with a sway bar from the factory. If you want to know why. Try riding one without the sway bar. Turns the Spyder into an amusement ride!

What people are talking about is replacing the OEM sway bar with an upgraded sway bar (and links).

Spyder Garage

got my bar yesterday from bajaron, fast service, should have it on this weekend..
    grip puppies
    Bajaron sway bar
    lamonster belt dampener
    battery tender
    Quadtrac 165/60's

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BajaRon View Post
    I am glad you like the bar. But I am afraid this is an unsafe install. As pointed out already, the long bolt goes on the bottom.
    Swapped out the bolts yesterday. I was waiting to lift the spyder to do it. I installed the LaMonster exhaust pipe that got rid of the bulky 20+ pound resonator/catalytic converter, and swapped out the OEM exhaust with Akrapovic. As others have said, there's no substitute for the V-twin rumble. The spyder sounds more like a high-revving Honda Civid with a cherrybomb exhaust, but at least I can hear myself going through gears.

Moving on - Even with the sway bar upgrade - the Spyder still feels "soft" on the front. It doesn't stay planted on the road as much as I'd like it to. Do the FOX shocks on my F3-S allow for ride-height adjustment, or shock stiffness adjustment? Still looking for ways to stiffen her up a bit.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by nycgordonf View Post
    Swapped out the bolts yesterday. I was waiting to lift the spyder to do it. I installed the LaMonster exhaust pipe that got rid of the bulky 20+ pound resonator/catalytic converter, and swapped out the OEM exhaust with Akrapovic. As others have said, there's no substitute for the V-twin rumble. The spyder sounds more like a high-revving Honda Civid with a cherrybomb exhaust, but at least I can hear myself going through gears.

Moving on - Even with the sway bar upgrade - the Spyder still feels "soft" on the front. It doesn't stay planted on the road as much as I'd like it to. Do the FOX shocks on my F3-S allow for ride-height adjustment, or shock stiffness adjustment? Still looking for ways to stiffen her up a bit.
    Are you riding on stock OEM Kenda tires? If so, that may be the issue.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by AZCanAm View Post
    Are you riding on stock OEM Kenda tires? If so, that may be the issue.
    The Trifecta for control is the sway bar, tires, & shocks up front. As mentioned keep front pressures equal +-.5psi.
    '20 Spyder RT: Bajaron swaybar. Vredestein tires, Pedal Commander, Elka front shocks, GPS/USB/12V handlebar mount, Heli-Bars, Radar Detector, KOTT grills & vents, Shad top case, chin & DRL LEDs.
    2020 RT base , Chalk White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by nycgordonf View Post

Sorry if it sounded like I was hounding you about the sway bar end link bolts. I just feel it's important for a safe and reliable installation.

If you have the Fox Podium shocks, then yes, they are pre-load adjustable. Try setting them a little stiffer. Also, tire pressures make a difference in handling. And better tires with stiffer sidewall will also improve stability and handling. Do 1 thing at a time so that you get a good feel for what does what. That way you can more easily pinpoint which components are giving you the most of what you're looking for.

Spyder Garage

hey Ron, got my bar pretty much installed,, question on the 2 longer bolts you supply. before i install those . are they stainless steel. as they are not powered coated. tks..
    grip puppies
    Bajaron sway bar
    lamonster belt dampener
    battery tender
    Quadtrac 165/60's

Spyder Garage

hey Ron, got my bar pretty much installed,, question on the 2 longer bolts you supply. before i install those . are they stainless steel. as they are not powered coated. tks..
    They are Zink treated, grade 8 steel. Stainless is pretty soft for this application. The 2 long supplied bolts connect the lower end link to the sway bar.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BajaRon View Post
    They are Zink treated, grade 8 steel. Stainless is pretty soft for this application. The 2 long supplied bolts connect the lower end link to the sway bar.
    ok thanks, think ill paint them flat black before i install them.. really had to get the spyder off the ground to get the oem bar out and BajaRon bar in.. but the hard part is over..

will give feedback this weekend after a ride,
    grip puppies
    Bajaron sway bar
    lamonster belt dampener
    battery tender
    Quadtrac 165/60's

Spyder Garage

ok thanks, think ill paint them flat black before i install them.. really had to get the spyder off the ground to get the oem bar out and BajaRon bar in.. but the hard part is over..

will give feedback this weekend after a ride,
    Yes, they can be painted, of course. I recommend using an etching primer. It will help the paint adhere to the Zink coating.

This is what I use.
    Primer.jpg

Hope you love the bar!

Spyder Garage

i have to say im impressed with the new swaybar, made a noticable improvement in the way it handled today, i am pleased, also installed a 19 in. tinted freedom windshield, it was some ride today, almost 70 degrees.. this thing just keeps getting better,,, it was worth the money for the bar, only wish the 2 supplied bolts were black like the OEM bolts, but its a well worth upgrade, glad i did it. thanks RON . whats next,,hummm,
    grip puppies
    Bajaron sway bar
    lamonster belt dampener
    battery tender
    Quadtrac 165/60's

Spyder Garage

If I run the front wheels up a set of ramps to the back of my pickup bed, will that be high enough to do the install? I figure there would be height and angle. Yes?
    -Carsong
    2018 F3t
    2018 F3T , Position 5/ full size Matt Black