Spyder Garage

Default New to Spyders and Spyderlovers.

Just put a deposit down on a RT Base still in the crate! Getting heated seats and backrests to go with it! My wife and I are so excited!!

Spyder Garage

Welcome, and well done! I would suggest taking a close look at the fitment of panels and pieces throughout the machine. Some machines are perfect and some aren't apparently. We didn't notice a fitment issue at the front of the left side case of our 2021 Sea to Sky (which was also still in the crate) until a week or so after taking delivery. We stopped at the dealer yesterday to point out the issue and were told they would take photos and sent them to BRP warranty for a decision when we come in for the initial 600 mile service. We'll see how that goes.
    2012 2012 RT-L and 3015 RT-S , 2012 - red and 2015 black (way too black)

Very Active Member CopperSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Glad to see your finding your way around the forum Valiant. On the new Spyder RT. Make sure and post a photo of your new ride in the Spyder Garage area of the forum when you get it home. The Spyder will take some getting use to but I think you will be very happy with it. Miles of Smiles for sure.
    My Spyder
    2012 RTL , Brown

Spyder Garage

Valiant, welcome and congratulations on your new Spyder. In addition to my suggestions above to Arion. I suggest you go to this link, http://www.operatorsguides.brp.com/I...adster&type=og, drill down to to your RT and download a copy of the operator's guide so you can begin reading it and become thoroughly familiar with your Spyder.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Arion View Post
    Welcome, and well done! I would suggest taking a close look at the fitment of panels and pieces throughout the machine. Some machines are perfect and some aren't apparently. We didn't notice a fitment issue at the front of the left side case of our 2021 Sea to Sky (which was also still in the crate) until a week or so after taking delivery. We stopped at the dealer yesterday to point out the issue and were told they would take photos and sent them to BRP warranty for a decision when we come in for the initial 600 mile service. We'll see how that goes.
    There is no initial 600 mile service. It is at 3200 miles. The 600 mile service is a carry over from the days of the 998 twins.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Valiant View Post
    Just put a deposit down on a RT Base still in the crate! Getting heated seats and backrests to go with it! My wife and I are so excited!!
    and

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Do you have any pictures of your fitment issue? And thanks for the heads up!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ARtraveler View Post
    There is no initial 600 mile service. It is at 3200 miles. The 600 mile service is a carry over from the days of the 998 twins.
    That's very interesting. We bought the still-in-the-crate and assembled for us 2021 Sea to Sky from the sale dealer we bought two other Spyders and haven't (to date) had any reason to find fault. The salesman said the initial check was at 300 miles and yesterday the service rep said 600 miles. Our previous two Spyders were "new to us" so the initial check was irrelevant. Time to go visit the service manager.

Spyder Garage

David Petrick
    Certified Professional Photographer
    2020 Limited Dark , Magma Red Black

Spyder Garage

That's very interesting. We bought the still-in-the-crate and assembled for us 2021 Sea to Sky from the sale dealer we bought two other Spyders and haven't (to date) had any reason to find fault. The salesman said the initial check was at 300 miles and yesterday the service rep said 600 miles. Our previous two Spyders were "new to us" so the initial check was irrelevant. Time to go visit the service manager.
    You can verify the service requirements. Just have a look at the manual. I have heard nothing about "new" service requirements for the 2021's. Your still riding with the 1330/3 engine which has now been around since 2014. I question the salesman and service reps information to you about your new bike. If they are "free" go for them. It they are going to charge the "usuall" $350 or so for the oil change/filter....I would recommend hang on to your money.

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ARtraveler View Post
    You can verify the service requirements. Just have a look at the manual. I have heard nothing about "new" service requirements for the 2021's. Your still riding with the 1330/3 engine which has now been around since 2014. I question the salesman and service reps information to you about your new bike. If they are "free" go for them. It they are going to charge the "usuall" $350 or so for the oil change/filter....I would recommend hang on to your money.
    Good plan.

Spyder Garage

The 1st service listed in the 2020 RTL manual is for 3,000 miles. That said if you're not to handy with mechanics and such it might not be a bad idea to have it looked at especially if it's free.
    2020 RT Limited Chrome , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by K80Shooter View Post
    The 1st service listed in the 2020 RTL manual is for 3,000 miles. That said if you're not to handy with mechanics and such it might not be a bad idea to have it looked at especially if it's free.
    Just so long as BOTH their 'extra thrown in' check/whatever at 600 miles AND the Manufacturers scheduled 'First Service' are still free

Or don't you lot get that first scheduled service free over there?? . I've only ever bought 'used' vehicles in the States before, and I didn't get schmick free on those deals! Gotta admit that it's generally a helluva lot cheaper over there to buy vehicles either way tho; at least cheaper'n here in Oz!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

I didn't get anything free with mine except a Can-Am cap but got a good deal I think, lol. I'll be doing my own service anyhow.
    2020 RT Limited Chrome , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

&

What year did you?

Deanna

Current Spyder - 2023 F3 LTD Special Mineral Blue

Red LED NANO Saddlebag Marker Lights with Full Illumination
    Sequential Fender LED'S (Amber/Red) with Safety Reflector
    Dual Power Plate (12 V & USB ports)
    Gremlin Bell
    Rear Trunk Organizer (4 holders, 2 Elastic Holders)
    Lamonster "Top Cuff" with adjustable drink Holder
    SpyderPops Missing Guard Belt
    Console Accent Trim (Carbon Fiber Domed Black)
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Front Fairing Service Access Door Covers (Carbon Fiber Doomed Black)
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover

Former Spyder - 2014 RTS SE6 Cognac SOLD
    2023 F3 LTD Special Series , N/A N/A Mineral Blue

Spyder Garage

Welcome to the Forum.
    New to Sue and I
    2021, LTD, Asphalt Gray, 22,000 miles
    Gone but not forgotten
    RTS 2011 SM5, 95,000 miles

Spyder Garage

Congrats! My wife got hers (a used 2016 RTS) last October. We're relatively new to Spyders. Love the heck out of it! Good luck & I'm sure you'll love yours.
    2016 Spyder RTS SE6
    2017 Suzuki LS650 Boulevard S40
    Widget the Pekingese in my profile pic (No. I DON'T ride him inside the stowage!)
    2017 Suzuki Boulevard S40 (LS650) , Metallic Fox Orange

Spyder Garage

Welcome . Enjoy the ryding. Ride often and learn. Ask questions of others.