Spyder Garage

Default First time buyer help needed - F3-L Dark

Wondering if folks can help with a purchase of a F3-L dark,

I have a local dealer with a 2021 but I called imotorsport as I read a lot of folks say they give the best deals as they are a nationwide dealer and move a lot of inventory.
    I talked to Danilo and he would not budge off of MSRP for 2020 23,499 (was 24,499 w/ 1k factory rebate for leftover). They a have a bunch of leftover models across the product line so I was kind of surprised

Any thought? I guess I am going local, I'll get to ride same day and I get a first responder discount but it will be a 2021 for about 1k more.

Thanks

Spyder Garage

Where in Jersey? I bought from CCBMW (Metuchen) and felt I got a fair deal on my 20 RT. OTD was $23k back in Sept. You can check with Extreme Machines also but they wouldn't let me test b4 so I went to CC and got mine.
    '20 Spyder RT: Bajaron swaybar. Vredestein tires, Pedal Commander, Elka front shocks, GPS/USB/12V handlebar mount, Heli-Bars, Radar Detector, KOTT grills & vents, Shad top case, chin & DRL LEDs.
    2020 RT base , Chalk White

Spyder Garage

Good prices went away with Winter, as the Spring sales season is upon us. "Sorry folks we have lots of customers and do not need to deal beyond what Can Am offers!"
    2018 RT Limited - Asphalt Metallic - East Valley of Phoenix/ 2018 RT Limited Chrome
    Champagne Metallic Lake Stevens, Wa

(Champagne/Hooker)Magic Mirrors, 360 LED head lights, BajaRon sway bar, H&R springs and shock adjusters, dash cam, foam grips, third brake light 4 LED strobe for 7 seconds and then on steady, rear LED turn signals/8 ohm 50W resistors, sequential turn signals on front fenders, Federal Formosa's front and General out back, and driver backrest.

Things that move between machines: Ikea sheep skins, Zuno XT GPS, and extra tools. Hooker is going to be my summer up North and Hookie my winter trike down South.

(Asphalt/Hookie) Elka shocks on front - BajaRon sway bar, OEM drivers backrest, LED headlights, dual USB with volt meter, dash cam, foam grips - magic mirrors - front tires Vredestein Quatrac SL on PPA ORB Chrome wheels.

Spyder Garage

Being start of season now less likely for much more than factory discounts, unless luck out find something old stock or demo At least till bout September (not proven fact just observation) due diligence & leg work does pay off, might luck out get two dealers competing for sale. Either way don’t forget get yourself ready: safety course recommended & can enjoy some proper test rides on various models & find the one that fits comfortably not just the impulse of a sale GOOD LUCK

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

The best time to buy a motorcycle is during the worst time to ride.
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Spyder Garage

Jersey Shore Powersports in Middletown is the place I am looking - I do see a leftover F3L in the color I like (liquid titanium) in cycletrader down at the Atlantic City Cycle center...CCBMW doesn't deal Can Am but I suppose they could get them in from trades. I checked EM as well, very nice shop but no leftovers. I'm thinking maybe best to stick local if I'm going to pay high season price, at least I will have the a little political capital with the shop around the block.

Spyder Garage

Well I am first time Spyder wannabee, I have many bikes in my past...now I'm looking for a open road travel hog that can carry a lot of souvenirs and canned tuna. I can say that I am not fond of traveling with a passenger on two wheels for many reasons...lean training, cramped quarters, more leg load, fear grabbing . Looking forward to touring with no instructions....just get on darlin and enjoy the ride .

Spyder Garage

Agreed, same with home purchases.... I need a government pandemic stimulus Spyder check.

Spyder Garage

https://www.crosscountrypowersports....ry&make=can-am

CC does sell new Spyders. I bought 2020 RT there last fall. I Live in Middletown if you locate what you want and want company out there.
    '20 Spyder RT: Bajaron swaybar. Vredestein tires, Pedal Commander, Elka front shocks, GPS/USB/12V handlebar mount, Heli-Bars, Radar Detector, KOTT grills & vents, Shad top case, chin & DRL LEDs.
    2020 RT base , Chalk White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RayBJ View Post
    https://www.crosscountrypowersports....ry&make=can-am

CC does sell new Spyders. I bought 2020 RT there last fall. I Live in Middletown if you locate what you want and want company out there.

Yes, I stand corrected, I searched for "ccbmw" and clicked the first link which is https://www.crosscountrycycle.net/, which appears to be the same outfit but different websites.
    Actually, very impressed to see they carry Piaggio MP3 sport 500, the 3 wheeled "leaning" scooter (I didn't know they were available in the states). Appreciate it, I let you know when I nail down a deal.
    23k for an 2020 RT is a great deal...I think I have very bad market timing, so to get a good deal it's either wait until the fall or go private sale.

Spyder Garage

just bought this 3 weeks ago..

Stock# Unit VIN Mi/Hrs Price
    CAN00081
    New 2020 Can-Am Spyder F3 Limited (Liquid Titanium -
    Dark Edition) 2...EDD20LV000819 0 $20,974.00
    Total Unit(s) Price: $20,974.00
    Payments: $0.00
    Total Sale Price:
    Balance Due:
    $23,528.74 out the door
    $0.00
    $23,528.74

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by fredgal View Post

CAN00081
    Total Sale Price:
    Balance Due:
    $23,528.74 out the door
    $0.00
    $23,528.74
    I assume the extra was sales tax & Lic???
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

Atlantic City Cycle is a good shop to get warranty work done , they have a good tech there. They also do Laser alignments there too.

I bought my 2017 F3 LTD in November 2019 out of state. That is when dealers will give you a good price. Now you may not be able to negotiate too much.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by B1n0b0x View Post

I have a local dealer with a 2021 but I called imotorsport as I read a lot of folks say they give the best deals as they are a nationwide dealer and move a lot of inventory.
    I talked to Danilo and he would not budge off of MSRP for 2020 23,499 (was 24,499 w/ 1k factory rebate for leftover). They a have a bunch of leftover models across the product line so I was kind of surprised

Any thought? I guess I am going local, I'll get to ride same day and I get a first responder discount but it will be a 2021 for about 1k more.

Thanks
    i purchased a F3-limited,liquid titanium , 2020 leftover 3 weeks ago, 20974.00, i had to email the salesman after he gave me the quote because i thought he made a typo.. but it wasnt , i bought it, there were no other ones around within 150 miles,, $23,528.74 OTD, tax,title,registration,, and penndot sent me the title instead of the lien holder.. lol..

CAN00081
    Dark Edition) 2BX--DD20--000819 0 $20,974.00
    Total Sale Price:
    Balance Due:
    $23,528.74
    $0.00
    $23,528.74

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by B1n0b0x View Post

Thanks
    My wife just picked up her 2021 F3 Limited, with less than one mile on it, yesterday (Glacial Blue, Dark). We traveled 600 miles to Texas (Family PowerSports in San Angelo, TX) to get it (Demo ride at same dealer that morning). With the $500.00 coupon from her Demo ride, she paid $22,000 Out the Door. She'll pay sales tax here in AR. On Thursday, I was on their website, saw their inventory, called and talked to the sales manager and made a deal. Gave them a deposit and picked it up yesterday (Friday). She has been looking for a Glacial Blue, F3 Limited, for over a month and this was the first one we found, in stock, that they were willing to deal on. It had been on the floor for just a few days. I found a couple closer but neither dealer was willing to come off of MSRP plus dealer prep.

The deals are out there. You just have to do your research and not be afraid to travel a little to get it. If you're in NJ, I'd call Ridersville Cycle in Berkeley Springs, WV. Talk to Dawn. They have crazy good prices for no trade deals.

Life is good.
    2020 Chalk, RT Limited, Dark and matching RT622 trailer and BRP hitch. BRP Drivers Backrest, Auxiliary Light, Garmin Zumo XT, GPS Support, RT Rear Panel and Travel Cover. Spyderpops LEDs on fenders, mirrors, saddlebags, top case and RT rear panel. Spyderpops Rock Guard. BajaRon Swaybar, Wolo Bad Boy horn, Freedom Windshield, Elka Shocks.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

Spyder Garage

I was looking local at a orange F3L. MSRP 24499. OTD quote 31079. Whoa! That included ~1200 for shipping, 1100 for setup, bunch of tax, 500 in license plate. and a 599 doc fee and several other questionable charges. Seemed a little steep. ;-)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Ridethru View Post
    I was looking local at a orange F3L. MSRP 24499. OTD quote 31079. Whoa! That included ~1200 for shipping, 1100 for setup, bunch of tax, 500 in license plate. and a 599 doc fee and several other questionable charges. Seemed a little steep. ;-)
    Glad you ran from that one. This is one that I would refer to as highway robbery. $3K worth of BS added in to that one.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by fredgal View Post

CAN00081
    Total Sale Price:
    Balance Due:
    $23,528.74 out the door
    $0.00
    $23,528.74
    What dealer was fhis purchased from?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Sledneck View Post
    What dealer was fhis purchased from?
    andre's powersports montrose, pa.. it was the only one they had, and it was a leftover, and the only one within about 200 miles , at the time i bought it
    2020 F3 limited, liquid titanium
    grip puppies
    Bajaron sway bar
    lamonster belt dampener
    battery tender
    19 in freedom tinted windshield
    matte black daytona frunk wrap
    Quadtrac 165/60's