Spyder Garage

Default I didn't realize how funny Prince Phillip (of G.B.) was....

I was listening to the news this A.M., and they announced Prince Phillip's passing. They also mentioned something that caught my attention, and of course (not being P.C.) I had to look it up. He was hilarious. Prayers to the Royal Family.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wyliec View Post
    I was listening to the news this A.M., and they announced Prince Phillip's passing. They also mentioned something that caught my attention, and of course (not being P.C.) I had to look it up. He was hilarious. Prayers to the Royal Family.
    Yeah, unfortunately, in these days of so many being unable to laugh at themselves, his quick wit is now classified as being “insensitive”, Wylie. That’s a tough gig he had, and he did it better than most

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Here's a link to some of his comments that has been around for years: https://www.eonline.com/news/848493/...over-the-years.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

and prayers to His family .... He was going to turn 100, in a month or so ..... Mike

Spyder Garage

Thanks for that link. Not only served with distinction in WWII and always remembered the veterans. Funny how a prominent individual's life resonates with ours on some level sometimes. A class act that I know will not be repeated in my lifetime.
    2011 RTS 2006 Yamaha Morphous
    2017 F150 2015 MINI Cooper S IBA 56167

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Pandy View Post
    Thanks for that link. Not only served with distinction in WWII and always remembered the veterans. Funny how a prominent individual's life resonates with ours on some level sometimes. A class act that I know will not be repeated in my lifetime.
    USA now has a Second Gentleman!
    2018 RT Ltd - Asphalt Metallic - East Valley of Phoenix
    2018 RT Ltd Chrome - Champagne Metallic - Lake Stevens, Wa

(Champagne/Hooker) Magic Mirrors, 360 LED head lights, BajaRon sway bar, H&R springs and shock adjusters, dash cam, foam grips, third brake light 4 LED strobe for 7 seconds and then on steady, rear LED turn signals/8 ohm 50W resistors, sequential turn signals on front fenders, Vredestein and PPA Orb wheels on front and General out back, and driver backrest.

Things that move between machines: Ikea sheep skins, Zumo XT GPS, and extra tools. Hooker is going to be my summer trike up North; and Hookie my winter trike down South.

(Asphalt/Hookie) Elka shocks on front - BajaRon sway bar, OEM driver's backrest, LED headlights, dual USB with voltmeter, dash cam, foam grips - Magic Mirrors - front tires Vredestein Quatrac SL on PPA ORB Chrome wheels.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The targets of his droll sarcasm (i.e. most of high society) didn't think him funny in the least.

He never thought it necessary to hide his disdain of anyone he met. He didn't tolerate buffoons, bullies or bloated egos at all. I rather liked him for that...sort of a highbrow version of Don Rickles.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JayBros View Post
    Here's a link to some of his comments that has been around for years: https://www.eonline.com/news/848493/...over-the-years.
    Good read. Thnx for sharing JayBros.
    And this was just the “highlights”.

Would love to have been a fly on the wall for when he Reeeeeaally was on a roll.
    2019 SpYder F3-T
    +Lamonster Mirror Locks AMEN! | +Lamonster FogLights | +MadStad Windsheild | +Dual A-Arm Running Lights
    +Spyclops LED Light | +SpyderExtras Grille | +TricLED Wide-VU Mirrors
    ...and what dreams may come