Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Loving this new ride!

Well, I might be needing to get a battery tender for my spyder for the first time. I still have my f3t, but also love my 2 wheeler. I had a 2010 yamaha vmax that was my dream bike for over 7 years. Well recently I did about a 200 mile day trip and realized that I was a little sore the next day. Then it hit me that I was the oldest 2 wheel rider in the group of about 15 guys, and 5 of them were riding cruisers. The lack of wind protection and desire for storage was getting real. So I decided to take a look at the 2018 and up goldwing. However 2 of my buddies convinced me to take a look at the BMW K1600B (aka goldwing killer). After taking a test ride on the BMW, and being treated like dirt by my local honda dealership, the choice was clear. Last Friday I picked up a 2018 BMW with around 7800 miles and about $2500 worth of extras. So far, I am loving this thing. I just need to figure out what all the gadgets are for. Now I am thinking I will be riding the 2 and 3 wheels more evenly. Before, I only rode 2 wheels when the temps were above 60. But with the added protection and such, I can ride both year round here in NC.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

Nice looking bike. Congrats. Enjoy it in good health!
    Trb-- (Roger)

2014 Cognac STL:Ultimate Seat, Nelson Rigg Tail Pack, Nelson Rigg RS/ST Half Cover, TL fender lights, Squared Away Laser Alignment, BajaRon sway bar and links, Akropovic Sport Silencer
    2022 White Pearl F3T
    Gone but not forgotten: 2019 F3S Special Series Liquid Titanium

Spyder States Visited

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Enjoy.

Spyder Garage

Isn't that six cylinder engine AMAZING?
    2015 RT , Black

Spyder Garage

Those are a beast.
    2021 RTL Marsala Dark Edition 4.13.2021
    Lamonster Riser
    Spyder Extras Docking station
    Zumo XT (my own Plug & Play cable)
    WrapMySpyder Carbon fiber partial kit.
    Baja Ron ultra performance sway bar and end links

2015 RTS SM6 Intense Red
    born on date 3/2015 (mine on 9/12/15)
    Sold on 4.13.2021 33k of fun.

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Navydad View Post
    Isn't that six cylinder engine AMAZING?
    Yes, yes it is! I love the engine breaking and ability to still rev up and upshift on the go when accelerating. The vmax had more power, but it was just not as smooth as this bike. The biggest improvement of the 6 cylinder over the V4 in the Vmax is engine braking. The engine braking in the Vmax was awesome, but sometimes it was a bit too much in any gear other than 5th. But this 6 cylinder has a very smooth engine braking capability in every gear. I cannot wait to get this on some mountain twisites. The guy that I bought the bike from was about 6-8" shorter than myself, but it is still set up nice for a taller guy like me (6'-2"). The one exception is the lowering links. He had the bike lowered 1 1/2". It looks great, but doesn't give me the desired clearance in the corners. Going to have that taken care of next Saturday as I get it raised back to stock height and the stock kickstand installed.
    Also got 205 miles on the bike and still have 1/4 tank of gas left. The vmax required a fuel stop every 80 miles. Now I am going to be able to ride the same length of time as my spyder friends, no matter what I am on. The tank holds 7 gallons and is supposed to get 41 mpg.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white