Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Tooo cool, Thank you for sharing. Looking forward to more posts and Picts.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

As one in the market for an rt, I'm hanging on every word and photo. Thanks for posting!

WPS

Spyder Garage

Default Awesome Evaluation Lamonster

Man I keep kicking my own butt; all I had to do was wait six months. Ah but I like my . Maybe in a year or two might trade up or if the dealer can make me a deal I just can't refuse. LOL
    Looking forward to your next post after you take it for a ride.

Nice job Lamonster
    Happy Spyder Owner:2014 Black Spyder RTS SE6
    Previous Spyder:2009 Red SE5 Mods- Chad windshield;12 volt adapter, 2 Brothers exhaust

Spyder Garage

When I saw the first pictures I kind of turned my nose up at it.

Now I think I need to have one of these.

http://bobspyder.wordpress.com/
    #610 2007-2009
    #104 2012....

Spyder Garage

OK, I retract my words. I said I had no real use for anything but a GS/RS with a touring package. Then you show us the guts of the beast before we can even see one in person. Now I am hooked! Well thought out, nicely executed, and as habit forming as salted peanuts. I guess I had better get started building a bigger garage. How do I arrange to get the same PE number as our GS? Thanks for the tour!!!
    Last edited by NancysToy; 09-04-2009 at 05:10 AM.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    Oil tank

Wow - did they neaten up all the wiring? Doesn't look like such a cluster you know what in that pic

Spyder Garage

Well after all the excitement and I couldn't wait... well I'm not hooked on it. I do like the new front "bumper" or whatever you call it. But to me the front lighting looks like an owl staring back at me. And I think the mirrors look worse - too big and chunky for me. But then again, it's a touring thing and I'm not that all into Touring. And I like the end of the pipe and the fact they make a black Spyder and a blue one but that's it. I actually like mine better

Spyder Garage

Great job as usual. Gotta be why they invited you huh. Hey can the glove box be opened while you are driving? You don't have to turn the key backwards or anything like that I hope? Is it still made so you have to unfasten a bunch of tupperware to check oil and stuff?
    What is your first mod gonna be?
    Longlegs rides again.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    OK, I retract my words. I said I had no real use for anything but a GS/RS with a touring package. Then you show us the guts of the beast before we can even see one in person. Now I am hooked! Well thought out, nicely executed, and as habit forming as salted peanuts. I guess I had better gat started building a bigger garage. How do I arrange to get the same PE number as our GS? Thanks for the tour!!!
    that would be cool Matching PE numbers. BRP how about it?

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Lamont, very nice group of photos and video. Thank you. Sadly, barring winning the lottery (Yeah...right...) the 2010s are forever beyond my reach. But, they are, indeed, lovely machines.
    Happy SE5 Owner

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Longlegs View Post
    Great job as usual. Gotta be why they invited you huh. Hey can the glove box be opened while you are driving? You don't have to turn the key backwards or anything like that I hope? Is it still made so you have to unfasten a bunch of tupperware to check oil and stuff?
    What is your first mod gonna be?
    The glove box can be opened while driving, you just push down on the lid.
    You can check the oil without any tools, the panel pops off for access.

Quote Originally Posted by Smylinacha View Post
    Wow - did they neaten up all the wiring? Doesn't look like such a cluster you know what in that pic
    I didn't know till a few hours ago that these are pre production models and there is some cleaning up still to do. Part of the reason we are riding these is to point out anything that we think might need changing before they go into production. I'm sure the wiring will be tucked away in the production unit, I was just pointing out the oil tank access.

Quote Originally Posted by GaryTheBadger View Post
    Lamont - THANKS for doing this for us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Does the little glovebox lock?
    And did you say the front trunk lost no space, even with the added air flow?
    To lock the glove box you turn the wheel all the way to the left or right and lock the steering and that locks the glove box too.

The boot is the same, just the outer shell has changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Dukester View Post
    This machine is awesome, I have to trade my 08 in, that's all there is to it. Looking forward to hear what you have to say after the test drive. I want to hear you thoughts about the performance and what the MPG is, that's my concern, less horsepower but more weight. Your report will make up my mind. I'm going to my dealer, Blackman's in Emmaus, PA to talk to a sales person. See what kind of a deal I can work up. Thank you for all your work.
    I should have some more info for you tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by gazey View Post
    You must feel like you won the Lotto Lamont.
    Cool pics, keep up the good work.
    Can you ask someone when we might see one in Oz.
    I'll find out.

Quote Originally Posted by ptoemmes View Post
    Now that the cat has been moved out of the can and mid-ship I wonder if they have O2 sensors before and after the cat...or if just one - where?

Pete
    I know there is now a o2 sensor on both headers but I'm not sure where.

Spyder Garage

Thanks Lamont, enjoyed the photos. The saddlebag photos cleared my mind, they are big. Looks like there is a removeable bag which is what I took for the back of the bag, lots of room. Now if BRP wants to give us one we could take another 2 month trip and try it out for them. Don't need all the GPS and other gadgets. Oh well.
    Great work. Thanks for sharing with us, you know we all want to see it and you did more than your part to share..
    Still happy with ours. New one wouldn't fit in our garage. Ours is paid for too so that's a good thing.
    Happy Spyder owner.

Spyder Garage

I am literally in awe of what I'm seeing here. This is blowing my mind even more than when I first saw the Spyder.

They really put a lot of thought into this--- some of those features are just TOO cool.

I not sure what aftermarket stuff this thing would even need!

So are they letting you take a trailer on the road too?

It really looks like they did their homework on that trailer--- and for $4000 that's a heck of deal!

I think they are going to move a ton of these-- and break into the Honda GW territory.

GREAT stuff--- I just can't get over this thing! While it won't be soon--- I could see one of these in my future.

Spyder #1 - 2008 GS SM5 Premier Edition #1977. RIP after 80,000 miles.
    Spyder #2 - 2012 RT SM5. Traded in after 24,000 miles.
    Spyder #3 - 2015 F3 SM6. Put 13,000 miles on and sold it.
    Spyder #4 - 2017 F3 SM6. Too good of a deal to pass up!

Spyder Garage

thanks for sharing .

William

Spyder Garage

Very nice! Thanks for posting Lamont! Wow!!
    - Greg

2013 RT-S Circuit Yellow Metallic

Previously owned...

2008 Spyder GS (Full Moon) 32,800 miles
    2011 Spyder RS-S (Magnesium/Black) 31,230 miles

Spyder Garage

Thanks Lamont!

They are kind of a cross between a Vision and Goldwing, with a couple of LT farkles (windshield) tossed in.

The point about additional farkles - well tour pegs, hand brake, and floorboards are pretty much a necessity - probably a backrest too. They shoud certainly impact Hannigan's sales, but I'm not sure the CanAm dealer network and reputation can overcome Honda's provinance, when you're discussing a mid-$20 price tag. Fact is that most of the that market's population probably paid less for their first home.

It also looks like BRP has moved up the learning curve, but like a bullitin board stock, you have to have demand to build volume to build price to.......

When the stealers are offering $7500 for an '09 SM as a trade on a SE that has ADP (additional dealer profit) on top of the price, I don't think they'll see many trading up.

If I were BRP, i'd offer incentives to the prior owners to get these new/improved units on the road - then support the dealers to clear the old inventory of new/used quickly. A year from now, they would have a real piece of the market.

JUst my $0.02

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    I am literally in awe of what I'm seeing here. This is blowing my mind even more than when I first saw the Spyder.

GREAT stuff--- I just can't get over this thing! While it won't be soon--- I could see one of these in my future.

Thanks again Lamont for posting the pics !!!! Waiting now for the riding review.

....and we're gonna ride, we're gonna ride.....

ride like the one-eyed Jack of Diamonds, with
    the devil close behind,.....we're gonna ride....

2008 GS.....PE # 2888

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonrider View Post
    If I were BRP, I'd offer incentives to the prior owners to get these new/improved units on the road - then support the dealers to clear the old inventory of new/used quickly. A year from now, they would have a real piece of the market.

I like your way of thinking.
    Former Happy Spyder Owner
    Just decided it was time to move onto other things.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I've checked out the BRP site ... but you showed alot more details we were wondering about ... Thanks Lamonster