Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RT Pricing

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by vwatso View Post
    ordered mine on the first day. RTS with the trailer. Everyone around keeps asking me if I will sell my 08. No plans on getting rid of it! I will probably end up trying to sell some of the extra accessories and stock items.
    (2) original seats. (2) extra full sets of panels,(5) windsheilds lots of extras. Learned and bought over this last year and still planning on upgrades for the 08. will get full list together and post on the fore sale board soon.vwatso

Congratulations! I have contacted 3 different dealers to try and pre-order and have not heard back from a single one. I did get a price from one but he was unsure on taking an order.

WPS

Spyder Garage

Are you telling me that dealers are not selling these at msrp?

I've got a call into our local dealer here in Wilmington, Illinois, and I've yet to hear back from him. But if he quotes me anything over the msrp, then I'll have to pass.

Is that "normal" for dealers to do that?

Derwin

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Derwin View Post

I've got a call into our local dealer here in Wilmington, Illinois, and I've yet to hear back from him. But if he quotes me anything over the msrp, then I'll have to pass.

Derwin
    For the one quote I did receive it was msrp plus 300 doc fee plus 1300 setup plus tax and tag. Total was $28500 for the rt-s.

WPS

Spyder Garage

Derwin
    On "hot" vehicles, especially cars, dealerships will charge over MSRP and they'll get it because some people will pay whatever it takes to get a vehicle they want. Capitalism 101 - the law of supply and demand.
    Former Happy Spyder Owner
    Just decided it was time to move onto other things.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bjt View Post
    On "hot" vehicles, especially cars, dealerships will charge over MSRP and they'll get it because some people will pay whatever it takes to get a vehicle they want. Capitalism 101 - the law of supply and demand.
    Also, just like when the Spyder first came out. We all payed MSRP plus whatever our state tax was and whatever our individual dealer delivery and set up fees were. I remember Brian and I paid a little over $16,000 out the door and folks in CA were paying between $18000-$20000 due to hugh delivery and set up fees. There will eventually be deals to be had, but don't look for them in the beginning, I do believe they will be few and far between. As but mentioned, capitalism and supply and demand are big components here.
    With Christ all things are possible, so live life with no fears and no worries.
    Happy Ex Owner, Hopefully future Spyder owner again.
    Pastor Deb Tangen, Missions Director and short term missionary.

Spyder Garage

Capitalism 101 - the law of supply and demand.
    Yepper. I love Capitalism, and understand all about supply and demand. But I'm one of those people that just don't like to pay OVER msrp. Heck, I don't even like paying msrp!

I'm going to give my dealer a call and let you all know what I find out.

Derwin

Spyder Garage

Yepper. I love Capitalism, and understand all about supply and demand. But I'm one of those people that just don't like to pay OVER msrp. Heck, I don't even like paying msrp!

I'm going to give my dealer a call and let you all know what I find out.

Derwin
    So you're looking at an RT now or are you still considering getting the RS SE5?
    Former Happy Spyder Owner
    Just decided it was time to move onto other things.

Spyder Garage

So you're looking at an RT now or are you still considering getting the RS SE5?

Are you kidding? After seeing this new touring model, I'm completely sold on that! This is P-E-R-F-E-C-T for me, and a vehicle that I have ALWAYS wanted and dreamed of. The way that you can sit upright and the overall look of it is simply incredible. I'm in love with this thing...seriously!

So, yes, I am definitely desiring to get the RT version. Now I just have to get the money! LOL! But that just means I have to build a lot of websites for people to EARN the money. Shouldn't be a huge problem.... I hope.

Actually, I have it posted at the forum I own for the other vehicle I'm waiting on.... http://flytheroadclub.com/forums/sho...5224#post15224

Derwin

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dltang View Post
    Also, just like when the Spyder first came out. We all payed MSRP plus whatever our state tax was and whatever our individual dealer delivery and set up fees were. I remember Brian and I paid a little over $16,000 out the door and folks in CA were paying between $18000-$20000 due to hugh delivery and set up fees. There will eventually be deals to be had, but don't look for them in the beginning, I do believe they will be few and far between. As but mentioned, capitalism and supply and demand are big components here.

Yupper- we all paid around the $14,995.00 MSRP + prep, tax, etc...
    Some states like CA were charging much more--- and the MSRP went up $500 not too long after we all go ours.

While I'm not really looking at the RT--- $25K for a bike loaded like that thing is---- is a heck of deal. Try getting an HD or GW loaded like that---- especially if you want a trike--- and you'll pay a lot more.

The real deals will be on 2008 and 2009 models right now.

Spyder #1 - 2008 GS SM5 Premier Edition #1977. RIP after 80,000 miles.
    Spyder #2 - 2012 RT SM5. Traded in after 24,000 miles.
    Spyder #3 - 2015 F3 SM6. Put 13,000 miles on and sold it.
    Spyder #4 - 2017 F3 SM6. Too good of a deal to pass up!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by M2Wild View Post
    Spending over $25K on any "motorcycle" is just plain nuts. Maybe some of you have money to burn, but I prefer to buy waterfront properties instead. Wait a while (winter is coming) and save yourself $10K
    my ex wife gets double that per year ... i'd rather spend it on 2 spyders
    THOSE WHO LIVE BY THE SWORD DIE BY THE SWORD... BUT...THOSE WHO MASTER THE SWORD SURVIVE BY THE SWORD....
    Rev. J. Proctor
    reverendproctor.com

HAPPY SPYDER OWNER

Spyder Garage

[B]
    Quote Originally Posted by [/B
    M2Wild]
    Spending over $25K on any "motorcycle" is just plain nuts. Maybe some of you have money to burn, but I prefer to buy waterfront properties instead.

Waterfront (Oceanfront!) property in Arizona? LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by tatt2r View Post
    my ex wife gets double that per year ... i'd rather spend it on 2 spyders
    Amen, brother! It's all relative. There's people buying vehicles every day of the week for $20 + thousand dollars. Well, this is far more than a vehicle.... it's something that can make you feel GOOD about driving around. What kind of price can you put on that? To me, around 25k!

BRP didn't only hit a home run with this RT model, but they hit a GRAND SLAM!

Derwin

Spyder Garage

Derwin:

MSRP.. The S stands for Suggested...
    Northramp
    2009 RED SE5, Very Happy Owner (1-15-09)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

price i am willing to pay for rt a/c or rt-s will depend on what i see at the spyders in smokies and lamonts report on acceleration on rt.
    only thing stand between me and rt will be too much loss of acceleration and high position of handlebar. if i like what i see at the smokies i will go ahead and order(at msrp) but even if it's just little bit iffy, i will wait till dealer gets them on their floor.
    i do like the sportyness of the spyder but since spyder now is my only transportation and i like to take long trips, i do need all the things rt has to offer but i am only willing to take so much sacrifice on performance as i ryde my spyder like i am on a crotch rocket.

on the first spyder price was not an issue for a revolutionary machine like this but rt or rt-s is another story. i know it's goldwing on three wheels at a decent price but still we are pushing 30k. by the way, i don't think comparison to goldwing or how goldwing-like rt is a insult when you consider it's goldwing!!!
    Last edited by aka1004; 09-07-2009 at 09:41 PM.
    6 states down 42 states to go