Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Wink White Front Pulley explained

https://youtu.be/UJHrFwj7Mmk
    The Smoaks give an explanation of the White Front pulley in his latest video.
    2019 F3L , Covid Blue

Spyder Garage

Good info. Getting mine on this week (early '21 RT) along with the idler. Interesting the location for the idler on the S2S is different location that stock instructions. Too bad we can't hear these things straight from the engineers but obviously they've made some discoveries as to the noise and vibration.

Spyder Garage

bikerchris1270, I'm looking to replace the front sprocket on 2015 F3, can you please advise as to where I can find the front sprocket, cannot find the part number on BRP website. Thanks in advance...Clint
    2015 F3 , OEM None Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by stovebolt_six View Post
    bikerchris1270, I'm looking to replace the front sprocket on 2015 F3, can you please advise as to where I can find the front sprocket, cannot find the part number on BRP website. Thanks in advance...Clint
    The white pulley is an updated part......it supersedes the prior pulley. So, look at the Can Am parts catalog for the front pulley and bolt.You can also check your local dealer for assistance.
    This is for my 2019 F3L 1330
    EA2AE47B-F27D-4ADF-A028-F04CE6FAC69E.jpg
    2019 F3L , Covid Blue

Spyder Garage

www.cheapcycleparts.com is where I bought my white one
    2019 Phoenix Orange RTL
    LED head lights, LED fog lights, Lidlocks, Brake light kit, Sway Bar, J&S Jack, Cat Delete, Akrapovic silencer, Idler pulley Kit, Gold Drain Plugs, Magic Mirrors, Bumpskid, Tires, Centermatic balancers, Wick-it Stage 1 tune, Convex mirrors, EBC Brake Pads, EBC brake Rotors, Speed Bleeders, M-2 Custom Shocks, Odyssey Battery, Tinted Windshield, Windshield Arm, Gps Ultimate Seat, Dual air Horns, Modesta BC05 Ceramic Coating, Redline 10w40 motorcycle oil, BRP Passenger arm rest, BRP hitch, Syderpop rock guard 2015 Freedom Trailer

Spyder Garage

Just got my white pulley added to my early '21 RT along with the Lamonster idler. Not sure which had the most affect but the bike is definitely quieter. Now looking at Q5 for front tires. Bike doesn't pull to side but seems bumpy on the front end and seems to cause mirror to shake a bit even after the dealer did the mirror fix. 1,000 miles on it now.

Spyder Garage

I am getting ready to install my new General rear tire, and thought I should check for the "red dust" if I am going to be pulling the rear tire. So I stuck my phone up there and took a picture. No "red dust"! I bought some Liqui Moly 20216 LM 48 Assembly Paste. As long as I am taking things apart I am thinking of cleaning up the OEM pulley and apply the assembly paste. Is it ok to apply loctite to the OEM bolt and reuse it as long as I am not ordering a new pulley? Went through the service manual twice but did not see the torque spec for the front pulley bolt. On edit: Found a post that said 92 ft lbs for the sprocket bolt.

Spyder has 9922 miles. So I have put about 4500 since purchasing it the end of October 2020. All just day trips in the Phoenix East Valley. Chris
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2018 RT Limited - Asphalt Metallic - East Valley of Phoenix/ 2018 RT Limited Chrome
    Champagne Metallic Lake Stevens, Wa

(Champagne/Hooker)Magic Mirrors, 360 LED head lights, BajaRon sway bar, H&R springs and shock adjusters, dash cam, foam grips, third brake light 4 LED strobe for 7 seconds and then on steady, rear LED turn signals/8 ohm 50W resistors, sequential turn signals on front fenders, Federal Formosa's front and General out back, and driver backrest.

Things that move between machines: Ikea sheep skins, Zuno XT GPS, and extra tools. Hooker is going to be my summer up North and Hookie my winter trike down South.

(Asphalt/Hookie) Elka shocks on front - BajaRon sway bar, OEM drivers backrest, LED headlights, dual USB with volt meter, dash cam, foam grips - magic mirrors - front tires Vredestein Quatrac SL on PPA ORB Chrome wheels.

Spyder Garage

Thanks guys, I did find it, will be ordering soon.
    2015 F3 , OEM None Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Snoking1127 View Post
    I am getting ready to install my new General rear tire, and thought I should check for the "red dust" if I am going to be pulling the rear tire. So I stuck my phone up there and took a picture. No "red dust"! I bought some Liqui Moly 20216 LM 48 Assembly Paste. As long as I am taking things apart I am thinking of cleaning up the OEM pulley and apply the assembly paste. Is it ok to apply loctite to the OEM bolt and reuse it as long as I am not ordering a new pulley? Went through the service manual twice but did not see the torque spec for the front pulley bolt. On edit: Found a post that said 92 ft lbs for the sprocket bolt.

Spyder has 9922 miles. So I have put about 4500 since purchasing it the end of October 2020. All just day trips in the Phoenix East Valley. Chris
    Technically the bolt for the front sprocket is a one time use item. Could you reuse it? Probably.

Spyder Garage

I wouldn't be afraid to use blue Loctite on it and reuse.....my two cents.
    2019 Phoenix Orange RTL
    LED head lights, LED fog lights, Lidlocks, Brake light kit, Sway Bar, J&S Jack, Cat Delete, Akrapovic silencer, Idler pulley Kit, Gold Drain Plugs, Magic Mirrors, Bumpskid, Tires, Centermatic balancers, Wick-it Stage 1 tune, Convex mirrors, EBC Brake Pads, EBC brake Rotors, Speed Bleeders, M-2 Custom Shocks, Odyssey Battery, Tinted Windshield, Windshield Arm, Gps Ultimate Seat, Dual air Horns, Modesta BC05 Ceramic Coating, Redline 10w40 motorcycle oil, BRP Passenger arm rest, BRP hitch, Syderpop rock guard 2015 Freedom Trailer

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate View Post
    Technically the bolt for the front sprocket is a one time use item. Could you reuse it? Probably.
    I looked up the max torque values for a bolt of the size and quality of the sprocket bolt and they were higher than those spec'd by BRP. BRP probably wants you change the bolt because of the thread locker they use even though my reading has indicated that the bolts can be reused and the locker will work. This is just what I read and is in no way a suggestion or advice that you do other than follow BRP guide lines.
    Eckhard

Spyder RT Ltd, 2011
    2011 RT Ltd. , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Eckhard View Post
    I looked up the max torque values for a bolt of the size and quality of the sprocket bolt and they were higher than those spec'd by BRP. BRP probably wants you change the bolt because of the thread locker they use even though my reading has indicated that the bolts can be reused and the locker will work. This is just what I read and is in no way a suggestion or advice that you do other than follow BRP guide lines.
    The to bolt is a 12mm 10.9 grade and the chart says 77 lb ft. I believe I read 92 lb ft somewhere?
    2018 RT Limited - Asphalt Metallic - East Valley of Phoenix/ 2018 RT Limited Chrome
    Champagne Metallic Lake Stevens, Wa

(Champagne/Hooker)Magic Mirrors, 360 LED head lights, BajaRon sway bar, H&R springs and shock adjusters, dash cam, foam grips, third brake light 4 LED strobe for 7 seconds and then on steady, rear LED turn signals/8 ohm 50W resistors, sequential turn signals on front fenders, Federal Formosa's front and General out back, and driver backrest.

Things that move between machines: Ikea sheep skins, Zuno XT GPS, and extra tools. Hooker is going to be my summer up North and Hookie my winter trike down South.

(Asphalt/Hookie) Elka shocks on front - BajaRon sway bar, OEM drivers backrest, LED headlights, dual USB with volt meter, dash cam, foam grips - magic mirrors - front tires Vredestein Quatrac SL on PPA ORB Chrome wheels.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Snoking1127 View Post
    The to bolt is a 12mm 10.9 grade and the chart says 77 lb ft. I believe I read 92 lb ft somewhere?
    Shop manual states 95 ft lbs. but I think a TSB came out increasing it to 110ft lbs........that is what I torqued mine to.
    2019 F3L , Covid Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bikerchris1270 View Post
    Shop manual states 95 ft lbs. but I think a TSB came out increasing it to 110ft lbs........that is what I torqued mine to.
    Likely the higher torque is to account for run down torque associated with a new bolt and the pre applied thread locking compound. A free running bolt with wet Loctite will not have the higher run down torque.

Pinkrosepetal states he torques well above manufacturers specs, he states this will prevent any movement and stop the fretting / red dust.