Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Girard OH (summer) Greenville SC (winter)
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by kennygee View Post
    Just got the 27inch windscreen the only regret is its not dark enough but i can definitly work with it...road the bike to work and virtually no head buffeting...hitting the highway after work...i am including in the a side by side of the blue ridge windscreen and the 27 inch windscreen...I hope this helps anyone struggle with the smaller screens...
    Nice pics!
    to see my 2016 F3-T and many how to's
    2016 F3-T SE6 Roadster , Extended brake pedal for which I drilled out the brake rod yolk to lower it and added spacers to lift it slightly Black/Grey

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by nycgordonf View Post
    Would appreciate any thoughts on the Route 129 windshield, or other alternatives. Thanks a million!
    I installed a F4 Custom on my F3LTD and love it. Very clear see thru but I have it such that I look just over the top edge. Very little turbulence, if any. I also bought the wings. The setup is a bit warm in the summer however. Otherwise highly recommended. I checked the website they seem to have a sale. Good time to buy.

Good luck, finding a proper windshield can be a journey.
    2018 F3 Limited black, dark

Spyder Garage

So, I felt compelled to reply to my own thread as a follow-up.

The 7Jurock windshield arrived last week. I had opted for the tallest (27") version to help alleviate the unbearable turbulence encountered with the OEM Blue Ridge winsdhield.

The price for the 7Jurock is definitely fair. $200 for a factory-tinted 27" windshield is more reasonable than BRP's up-the-pooper price of $500. Although the OEM one does include the hardware so I suppose it's only half a rip-off. Still, I willingly paid the OEM price, assuming they've put adequate engineering and testing into this product (they clearly have not).

So the 27" 7Jurock windshield definitely doesn't add to the aesthetics of the Spyder. While manuvering the Spyder in my driveway (hard left, hard right turns), the handlebar will hit the windshield while steering at full deflection. If you're not wearing gloves, be ready for an easy pinch.

Now, as for the ride - well, it's certainly an improvement over the Blue Ridge windshield (which is only 21.5" tall). However, as a 6'2" guy, even the tallest 7Jurock windshield proved to be a bit too short. At 70+mph I was still getting considerable turbulence, causing serious helmet vibration which made it difficult to read road signs.

Again, the improvement is stellar, but in the end, I've decided a windshield (of any kind) just isn't the right fit for me. I can see how for riders who are 1-3" shorter the turbulence should be negligible, as they're sitting in a lower position. In my case however, the benefits didn't outweigh the drawbacks.

This was my first time riding with a windshield of any kind, and it proved to be a $800 venture in money & time. I used to always think windshields were mostly a matter of aesthetics. Now I know better. It's a matter of looks, wind deflection, but also personal taste and effects of turbulence which affect riders of different heights in different ways.

For me, it's back to bare-bones, and my Blue Ridge (21.5") and 7Jurock (27") windshields, with all mounting hardware are sitting on a shelf, after seeing no more than 10 miles of use. For anyone interested, this $800 windshield combo can be yours for $200. Just PM me if interested.

Modding my car (and previously my Sportster) have always been a hit-or-miss endeavors. I don't particularly regret it, I'm just happy I learned something new.

Cheers everyone. Thanks for your feedback, recommendations, and tips. In the end, windshields just aren't for me.

Spyder Garage
    2016 F3-T SE6 Roadster , Extended brake pedal for which I drilled out the brake rod yolk to lower it and added spacers to lift it slightly Black/Grey

Spyder Garage

Knowing that 7Jurock provides no mounting hardware, the wider and taller windshield I got from them works very well with the stock mounts. And that's how I want it to be, not liking the black hardware others supply.
    Here's that w/s on the OEM mounts, using flat faucet washers for spacers under and over the plastic.

Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Someone might want to try this stuff and see if it helps any. https://saeng.com/product/gen-4-edgi...nce-reduction/
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post
    Someone might want to try this stuff and see if it helps any. https://saeng.com/product/gen-4-edgi...nce-reduction/
    Didn't help on My Valkyrie nor my Gold wings.

Spyder Garage

One more review of the Blue Ridge. I installed it on Thursday, and went for a ride today. At speeds up to 80 km (50 mph), it is ok. At 100 km (62 mph), lots of noise are the helmet, such that I can’t hear any traffic noise, including a semi. I had earplugs. At 100 km, I leaned forward and noise disappeared when my helmet chin bar was 6” above the fuel tank. I have a modular helmet. I have 14 days to return for full refund. Not sure I want to add a ‘wing’ to deflect air, as it may damage helmet. Most windshield manufacturers do not supply hardware. I know that CalSci supplies hardware, but there may be others.

Rick
    2019 F3 base
    Shad saddlebags with Admore led light kit
    BajaRon swaybar
    Hopnel mini bra
    BRP driver's backrest
    Madstad windshield
    Ultimate floorboards
    CanAm Spyder accessories rear shelf with LinQ adapter

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by nycgordonf View Post
    So, I felt compelled to reply to my own thread as a follow-up.

For me, it's back to bare-bones, and my Blue Ridge (21.5") and 7Jurock (27") windshields, with all mounting hardware are sitting on a shelf, after seeing no more than 10 miles of use. For anyone interested, this $800 windshield combo can be yours for $200. Just PM me if interested.

PM sent!

Spyder Garage

Sorry so many issues with the windshields.
    I’ve had the Freedom on my/our Harley’s and liked them so much, after finding out I had this option on my F3L, I went for it. After trial and error on getting the right size for me, (17” BTW) it’s just as good as the Harley. The fit, finish, material and look is great!
    I’ve played with the wind resistance to feel where it picks back up. Again, for me, it’s just below the top of my helmet and definitely outside of my shoulders.

I’m 5’3” and I felt like the 15” too short/low, tho not anywhere was bad as the stock 12”, and the 19” was waaay too tall for me as it cut right across my eyes. So… I think I have the 19” medium tint sold, but have the 15” medium tint for $175 (split shipping) available if anyone is interested!

2021 F3L Black/Chrome
    LAMonster:
    Ultimate Backrest, Bottle Holder, Baja Ron Sway bar, Cat Delete Pipe, Freedom Windshield, Highway brackets/Black Demond pegs, Upgraded Tension Roller, FOBO Tire Pressure Monitor
    TricLED:
    Sequential LED Spyder Fender Lights, Run/Brake/Turn Strobe Light Kit, Brake flasher
    SlingMods:
    Chrome Luggage Rack
    Pedal Commander
    Spyder Accessories.com:
    Tank Pad
    Amazon:
    Ciro phone holder/mount, Stebel Nautilus Air Horn/Wiring Kit, Short Reach Handlebar

Spyder Garage

I have ordered a Puig clip on air foil. Others have had good experience with them. i will report back after installed.

Rick
    2019 F3 base
    Shad saddlebags with Admore led light kit
    BajaRon swaybar
    Hopnel mini bra
    BRP driver's backrest
    Madstad windshield
    Ultimate floorboards
    CanAm Spyder accessories rear shelf with LinQ adapter

Spyder Garage

Oct. 19, 2021

I just purchased the Freedom 17 inch Freedom Windshield from Lamonster. I works well. I am 5'9" and it keeps the wind off my face and my body. It was well worth the $249 including shipping.
    2021-10-14 10.14.2021 001.jpg2021-10-14 10.14.2021 001.jpg
    Sorry for the side wise view. I don't know how to correct it. I thought I knew how, but I guess not.

Spyder Garage

I've been using the Blue Ridge with X-creen for 5 years now. Works for me.
    John F.
    Tallahassee, FL

2015 Spyder F3 SE6, black
    BRP Driver/passenger Footboards
    BRP Adjustable Passenger Backrest
    Blue Ridge Windshield
    MRA X-Creen Tour, clear, clamp-on
    H4 LED Headlights
    F3 LED Fog Light Kit, LED Amber Halo Ring Kit, LED Tail Lights, F3 Rear run/brake/turn LEDs
    Easy Brackets
    Leatherworks, Inc. 120 Special Slight Angle Saddlebags
    Custom Dynamics Front Mud Flap LED lights, Street Magic Front Fender Tips, Double Feature Lens
    2-up rear shock
    Idler pulley kit

Spyder Garage

Give F4 windshields a call. I have thery're 21" vented on my F3L, no backdraft. They make fine products

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by duke50 View Post
    Give F4 windshields a call. I have thery're 21" vented on my F3L, no backdraft. They make fine products
    Mind me asking how tall you are? I'm interested in the F4 shield.

Spyder Garage

I recently had a Blue Ridge screen fitted to my F3-S. When I got 80kph (50mph - I'm in Australia) after leaving the dealer, the turbulence and noise were unbearable and by the time I got home I had a sore neck from fighting the wind. The next morning I decided to modify the screen (I couldn't make it worse). My plan was to cut off the top of the screen just below where it turns up, so I taped it up and first started with a cut about 10mm from the top to see how the jigsaw behaved. The cut looked good so I kept going across the whole screen following the contour. Then I decided I may as well take it for a test ride like this - at 80kph there was an acceptable amount of turbulence and at 100kph it was good. I have since ridden many times and don't even think about how it was originally. I'm about 5'11" tall.

Spyder Garage

F4! You absolutely will not be disappointed. I bought the 25" with the vent and the airwings. Amazing difference!! I got the tall one because I'm a touch over 6' and have had lots of people try to dictate what size windscreen I "need"... Opt1.jpg
    2021 F3 L , Stock Plugs (COILS, NOT WIRES!) Stock Brake Pedal Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Don't ask me why my pic attaches and comes out sideways - all of them apparently do that... Don't know why.
    2021 F3 L , Stock Plugs (COILS, NOT WIRES!) Stock Brake Pedal Magma Red

Spyder Garage

7Juroc Lowboy Windshield w/flip light gray $200
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2018 F3 Limited - Intense Red Pearl . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Spyder Garage

I'm interested.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by chunkmonk View Post
    Don't ask me why my pic attaches and comes out sideways - all of them apparently do that... Don't know why.
    Not all, just (some ) of yours & a few others...

That's 'most likely' cos you're taking your pics in Portrait Mode on your phone/camera, & your phone/camera is assigning the Top Right corner in Portrait Mode as the picture's 'anchor point' & retaining that anchor point whatever orientation you actually take the pic in.... . For whatever it's worth (and btw, we can't change this! ) the Forum's Platform Software uses the Top LEFT corner of any pics loaded &/or displayed as it's anchor point, so when you load your pics up into a post, the Forum displays them with their anchor point in the Top LEFT corner.... and with yours having a top right anchor point, it rotates them 90° to put that in the top left corner as the platform software specifies and we see them sideways as shown in your post #42

Simple fix - when you take a pic for the Forum, take it in Landscape Mode by dropping the top of your phone/camera to the LEFT, ie anti-clockwise 90° so that when loaded, we see them in the same orientation (ie. correct for here/the Platform Software)

If you upload a pic that you've taken previously in Portrait Mode & once uploaded it shows tilted 90° to the left (so it's recorded anchor point is in the top left as per the Platform Software settings ) then if you are concerned with that (most of us will manage to see the pic even if it is sideways ) you could copy the pic file into an editing suite like PhotoShop et al & either reset the Anchor Point to the pic's Top Left Corner or rotate the pic 90° in whatever direction is necessary to get it to display correctly here; then save the pic file with another name and upload that saved file instead of your original.

Over to you.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 06-08-2022 at 12:03 AM.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

I had a 23 inch F4 with a vent in it on my 2017 F3 LTD, never had any type of buffeting. The vent will help with the back pressure.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 06-08-2022 at 06:01 AM. Reason: ' 's ;-)

2017 F3 LTD (SOLD)
    2017 HD Freewheeler (SOLD)
    2021 RT Base Upper and lower adjustable deflectors , Top case, Signature and lower lights, Baja Ron Bar, Back rest,Fobo TPMS, Garmin 396 , LED Fender lights, Rear LED turn and brake lights, Rear Brake light flasher, Rear Saddle bag LED lights, Battery tender, Lamonster Handle Bar Riser.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by deer30084 View Post
    I've been using the Blue Ridge with X-creen for 5 years now. Works for me.
    Ditto for me and also for my husband. I agree that we both had the same issue with the head buffeting before we added the X-creen. I started with the clamp on (figuring I could remove it easier if I hated it) and then ended up drilling the holes in the Blue Ridge for the permanent install of the X-creen within a month or so.
    We now have His and Hers Spyders!
    Current Spyder: White 2015 F3-S SE6
    His Spyder: White 2015 F3 SE6

Previous Spyder: 2012 RT Limited SE5 -- 30,300 miles
    Previous rides: Kawasaki & Honda
    2015 F3 , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by kennygee View Post
    Be very careful with the X-creen Tour....I bought one to go along with the blue ridge windscreen..it was the one that you screw into the exsiting windscreen...drove with it for about a month or so before deciding to go with the 7jurok 27 inch wind screen..any way where the screws were clammed down cracked my blue ridge windscreen so there is no way to return it...so if you get the X-creen Tour screw on or clamp down be very careful how tight you clamp it down...I think it was more operator error and the wind..but all in all i just went with a bigger screen because I want all in one instead of having to put something else on top of a windscreen..
    @kennygee how has your 7Jurock been performing? I did Blue ridge with extra on top and it was just hopeless. Looking at a 27inch 7Jurock as I tried the Madstad and it is too narrow and in Australian conditions, just did not cut the mustard. I ride a 2017 F3S.

Spyder Garage

Wow! You guys are screwing around with these windshields & throwing all kinds of money at it! Blows my mind. I have a 2019 F3 Limited Black on Black, so I just took the stock windshield, painted the inside black for that black sporty look, and it’s beautiful! Mind you, my passenger gets blasted with wind, but I only ride double maybe 5% of the time...
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 10-05-2022 at 04:15 AM. Reason: Caps, '!'s & '.'s ;-)
    SNOWMOBILING ON PAVEMENT!!!