Spyder Garage

Default My new f3 got keyed! Help?

Finally some warm weather... first ride. Gassed her up, went in to pay... some f#^** ass#%& keyed my topcase down to the plastic! (white) Any suggestions how to repair? Pretty sure it was the pickup dude with the Harley decals... and I am a former Harley rider with U.S. Navy vet license plate!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by boz329 View Post
    Finally some warm weather... first ride. Gassed her up, went in to pay... some f#^** ass#%& keyed my topcase down to the plastic! (white) Any suggestions how to repair? Pretty sure it was the pickup dude with the Harley decals... and I am a former Harley rider with U.S. Navy vet license plate!
    Got to love people who don’t respect peoples property......Nosepickers!
    Does the gas station have cameras.....?
    2019 F3L , Covid Blue

Very Active Member CopperSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

If you believe that's what happened there will be video of it if you ask. Just saying.
    My Spyder
    2012 RTL , Brown

Spyder Garage

Oh my God. Unreal. Good luck on the solution. Hopefully a camera caught the license plate. Sorry this happened.

Spyder Garage

Comprehensive insurance will cover that.
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Spyder Garage

Well...that's a real bummer. What others have said about insurance and cameras are right on. A little bit of work, but IMO, worth every ounce of effort.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Can Am Parts lists the top case cover as a separate part number so you should be able to order it from your dealer.
    https://can-am-shop.brp.com/on-road/...log-intro.html
    2022 RT Limited , Silver w/ Black and Purple accents

Spyder Garage

That sucks. Odds are if you have comp, you have a deductible that won't be met so if you can't find the perp, you're gonna eat the fix.
    '20 Spyder RT: Bajaron swaybar. Vredestein tires, Pedal Commander, Elka front shocks, GPS/USB/12V handlebar mount, Heli-Bars, Radar Detector, KOTT grills & vents, Shad top case, chin & DRL LEDs.
    2020 RT base , Chalk White

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Sorry that happened.

Spyder Garage

I appreciate all the input to find the culprit... but need someone to help me repair myself. Whole new part is $248 from Can Am.

Spyder Garage

If it’s a deep 1/16 inch scrape/gouge I’d use nail polish. Find closest color and you might have to mix it to match. Then put it on and buff it in. Wipe off and let dry. Repeat the process till it builds up. Small dab goes along way. Don’t put on heavy. Thin little layers and wipe off. Done it on wheelers and it looks like a bad wash job or web markings from cleaning to much. It will not be as notable as the raw scratch. That’s for metallic. If it’s flat then try but it won’t look as nice.

“Born to Ride......Ride to Live....MOATER ON !
    “Current ride: 2017 RT Limited”

Spyder Garage

This outfit may have what you need.
    www.scratcheshappen.com

Change from Auto to Motorcycle and input your year and model. I have gotten both color repair kits for our 2018F3 and 2020RT.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-08-2021 at 08:17 PM. Reason: Fixed link
    2021 Sea To Sky, 2020 RTL

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Spyder Garage

Advanced Auto and some of the other auto parts places have small, like 4 ounce ding repair paint. It is a small tube with a little brush in the cap. They can match hundreds of car colors for most later model vehicles. You might see if they have anything close to the color you need. A close match and rub it out, you might get it looking pretty good. Cost will be less than $10 with a lot of elbow grease.

2019 F3-S , Black & Silver

Spyder Garage

First take your bike to an auto paint store that mixes paints for auto body shops ,they should use a special camera to get the correct color match. See if they can make up a spray can of the color you need.
    If the bike was waxed, you will have to get a solvent to remove the wax and oils from you skin. Wipe down area to paint with prep-sol. You will have to block sand ( 400 grit) the area and then apply a thin coat of body filler to build up the surface , block sand the filler it with (320 grit) till smooth Spray the primer with a light gray primer let it dry,(You may have to put a few lite coats on ) block sand the primer with (400) till smooth , scuff the entire area ( Make sure you have no dust on the surface to paint . (Tack rag the area to remove any dust or dirt , if you don't have a tack rag ,Lightly spray a rag with some paint and wipe it down on the area to paint ) several light coats till the primer is covered) then spray the whole part . Depending on the paint you may have to put a clear coat on . If you can not get a spray can made you could buy a small touch up sprayer. Best of luck to you. Hope this helps.

I don't know if you have a finish master near you , they made paint for my motor home in a spray can.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Put a set of stripes over the scratch depending on exact location. I personally would buy the new part for $248. The trike is new. Keep it looking new.
    2021 Sea to Sky RT , Highland green

Spyder Garage

Sorry to hear, replace or maybe good time try a wrap Would consult with professional see if is good option. Please do not let the vandalism go not be addressed by Authorities doubtful will be just but might just be the last straw the law need for such a person.
    Thank you for your service

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PW2013STL View Post
    This outfit may have what you need.
    www.scratcheshappen.com

Change from Auto to Motorcycle and input your year and model. I have gotten both color repair kits for our 2018F3 and 2020RT.
    Why is it that no one has the Champagne Metallic color that I guess was only a 2017-2018 color.
    2018 RT Limited - Asphalt Metallic - East Valley of Phoenix/ 2018 RT Limited Chrome
    Champagne Metallic Lake Stevens, Wa

(Champagne/Hooker)Magic Mirrors, 360 LED head lights, BajaRon sway bar, H&R springs and shock adjusters, dash cam, foam grips, third brake light 4 LED strobe for 7 seconds and then on steady, rear LED turn signals/8 ohm 50W resistors, sequential turn signals on front fenders, Federal Formosa's front and General out back, and driver backrest.

Things that move between machines: Ikea sheep skins, Zuno XT GPS, and extra tools. Hooker is going to be my summer up North and Hookie my winter trike down South.

(Asphalt/Hookie) Elka shocks on front - BajaRon sway bar, OEM drivers backrest, LED headlights, dual USB with volt meter, dash cam, foam grips - magic mirrors - front tires Vredestein Quatrac SL on PPA ORB Chrome wheels.

Spyder Garage

Touchupdirect.com will have what you need.
    2015 F3 S , Can Am Red

Spyder Garage

It doesn't matter so much who did it. Haters are haters regardless of any other attribute. They are featured on the news every evening.

I know it's hard. But get it fixed and let it go. Don't allow haters to dictate how you live your life.

Edit Added;
    I feel for you on this. I did not mean to be hard hearted or uncompassionate. Believe me, I know how it is to have someone callously ruin your day, and your ride.
    Last edited by BajaRon; 04-10-2021 at 02:42 PM.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

You don't say how badly, lengthwise, the illegitimate progeny of that unmarried female keyed the the top. Were I in your boots I'd consider two options; (1) if the gouge is long I'd investigate the cost of a quality autobody shop repainting and clear coating the top in comparison to replacing the part through BRP, or (2) agreeing with Joel, I'd most probably replace the part to keep the new Spyder looking pristine.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

If the part is only $250 you would be better off buying the replacement part with the matching color. If you took it to a body shop to fix the part, it maybe about $250.