Spyder Garage

Default 2020+ RT OEM handlebars?

So, I see many 2020+ RT owners switching to OEM F3 bars for added height/closeness. Are the OEM RT bars basically the F3 long reach bars, or are they a happy medium between long reach/stock F3 bars?

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

I put the F3 "Long Reach" bars on my 2020 RT Limited. For me, they work perfectly.
    2020 Chalk, RT Limited, Dark and matching RT622 trailer and BRP hitch. BRP Drivers Backrest, Auxiliary Light, Garmin Zumo XT, GPS Support, RT Rear Panel and Travel Cover. Spyderpops LEDs on fenders, mirrors, saddlebags, top case and RT rear panel. Spyderpops Rock Guard. BajaRon Swaybar, Wolo Bad Boy horn, Freedom Windshield, Elka Shocks.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

Spyder Garage

Look at Heli bars if you need yours to be adjustable. I installed them on my 2020RT last year and absolutely love them. https://www.helibars.com/?gclid=Cj0K...YaAoxlEALw_wcB
    Bob H - Derry, NH
    2020 Spyder RT Limited - Petrol Metallic Blue
    2010 RT622 Trailer and BRP Hitch
    BRP Vented Touring Windshield, BRP Backrest
    Garmin 590 with BRP Mount
    Fobo TPMS for Spyder and Trailer
    Lidlox, Blue Sea Fuse Box for power distribution
    Ram Ball Mounts for Radar Detector, Cup Holder and Phone Holder
    Sena 20S / SL2 Headsets, Foam Grip Covers, Belt Tensioner
    BAJA Ron Sway Bar and Shock Adjusters, Heli Bars

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by troop View Post
    So, I see many 2020+ RT owners switching to OEM F3 bars for added height/closeness. Are the OEM RT bars basically the F3 long reach bars, or are they a happy medium between long reach/stock F3 bars?
    I can’t answer your question the OEM bars on the RT but I can tell you the stock oem bars on my 2020 RTL were killing me. I installed the F3short reach bars and they are perfect for me. BUT they are really back and might not be for all.
    Doug 2020 RTL F3 Short reach bars -factory backrest
    K9CRT Ham Radio
    Sold 5/27/2021 Spyder just wasn’t for me. Went back to Goldwing

Spyder Garage

I initially installed the F3 Short Reach bars on my 2020 RTL. Big mistake. The were way too far back for me. I then put on the OEM F3 bars. Still didn't work. I then put on the F3 Long Reach bars and they were just right. It's all trial and error.
    2020 Chalk, RT Limited, Dark and matching RT622 trailer and BRP hitch. BRP Drivers Backrest, Auxiliary Light, Garmin Zumo XT, GPS Support, RT Rear Panel and Travel Cover. Spyderpops LEDs on fenders, mirrors, saddlebags, top case and RT rear panel. Spyderpops Rock Guard. BajaRon Swaybar, Wolo Bad Boy horn, Freedom Windshield, Elka Shocks.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

Spyder Garage

I just bought a 2021 RT Limited and have to change out the bars. Was going to go with F3 bars but after seeing the video for the Heli Bars I am going with them. Thanks upsdoctor for posting the video they look great and easy to install.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Doug44 View Post
    I can’t answer your question the OEM bars on the RT but I can tell you the stock oem bars on my 2020 RTL were killing me. I installed the F3short reach bars and they are perfect for me. BUT they are really back and might not be for all.
    HOW tall are you and what is your reach. I feel the handlebars are just a tad to far our, but not much. Thinking about the 2" riser Lamonster has.

Spyder Garage

Short 5’7” and short arms. The risers were not on the market when I needed something but I am sure they would help. I love my choice but they do come back pretty far.
    K9CRT Ham Radio

Spyder Garage

I hope you also realize that you can raise or lower your bars as well. There is a pin and a slot that allows some degree of movement up and down. I personally have the bars that come closest to my body and I have them nearly as low as they can get. Works great for me.

Rob

Spyder Garage

I'm 5-10 and put the F3 Attitude bars on my 2020 RTL. These bars are slightly more rearward, but have the hand grips angled back further. This eliminated a wrist problem for me.
    2020 RT Limited , Marsala Red

Spyder Garage

That is the key getting bars that work for you. Imho Can Am missed the target with these stock bars as many, many owners here are replacing them. The stock bars are for a lot of owners too short and low etc. I am tickled that I got my problem resolved so easy and quickly with the f3 short reach bars, but they are not for everyone. I couldn’t ride 20 miles before the discomfort was very bad to the point I was ready to sell this Spyder. Now a 500 mi day is very comfortable I have ridden more than once this distance. I use to ride 700 up 1000 mi days on my Goldwing so long distance mileage is nothing novel to me.

And yes the stock bars move up/down a few degrees before hitting a pin in the bars. Some owners here have even removed that pin for more adjustments but I don’t recommend this.

Also Can Am with the new Sea model showed as an option factory adjustable bars that should bolt up to all 2020-2021 RT models along with La Monsters and Helibars
    K9CRT Ham Radio

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by upsdoctor View Post
    Look at Heli bars if you need yours to be adjustable. I installed them on my 2020RT last year and absolutely love them. https://www.helibars.com/?gclid=Cj0K...YaAoxlEALw_wcB
    Agree on the Helibars, but they certainly aren't inexpensive. I found the reach too long, and tried Lamonster's handlebar riser first. It is an outstanding product, but the angle of the bars just wasn't right for me, and now the Helibars have likely spoiled me forever.

The funny part is that with my 2010 and 2014 RTs, the bars were what they were, and I never realized how luck I was that they were so very comfortable for me.
    2020 RT Limited in the ultra cool Deep Marsala Dark edition.

Baja Ron Anti-Sway Bar, LED reflectors, Lamonster USB Charger (and phone mount), Can-Am Low Windshield, X-Creen Tour Variable Windscreen Spoiler Blade, Power Commander, Dilithium powered Flux Capacitor (not yet fully functional).
    Maintained by Lou at Pirate Powersports.

Spyder Garage

For my 2021 RTL I purchased the "short reach" PN 219400909 and they were too close for comfort. So I ordered the "long reach" PN 219400910 position C kit, and a Lamonster handlebar riser SKU LG-1038. I will test ride in the morning, however they already feel more comfortable. The stock were too far of a reach, especially after I installed a comfort seat and backrest. Of note there was no "adjusting" hole in the position C bar, (just round vs oval). I made it oval with a drill bit pretty easy. Of note *The adjusting holes on the other two handlebars appear to be in different locations or rather the ovals are centered in different locations. See pics.
    Handlebars.jpg

Spyder Garage

Adjusting holes from entry above

Spyder Garage

The long reach bars work great for my wife and myself.
    2020 RT Limited Chrome , Petrol Blue