Spyder Garage

Default Slingmods Spyder Extra Sway Bar Links

Hello, I just picked up a 2021 Ryker Rally last week and went to install the Sway Bar end links from Spyder Extras and they do not fit in the same place as the originals, even the spacer part they send to hold the 2 washers on won't fit where the bottom of the link is to be connected as the groove is too narrow by about a 1/16 of a inch or so. Has anyone else installed these on a 2021? From every video I have seen the install looks very simple but it sure is not going to fit without spreading it open some how which I have no interest in doing.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

You would do yourself a big favor by contacting BajaRon, both a member and sponsor here.
    Dean O
    Gran Pa Hoon
    Founder San Jose BMW
    Builder of the Motorcyclist Cafe Barn and Bunkhouse
    Alamogordo, NM

'20 Spyder F3 L

Spyder Garage

Agree with Oldtimer,
    Ron will sort you out, and set you up, you'll be pleasantly surprised, Customerservice ain't just a word, but actually customerservice...
    the funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it........

Spyder F3s 2019 All Black ( Named it: Brutus)
    Carbon Items added, just for looks
    Upgraded Shocks Trac-Tive, Rear hi/lo and rebound adjustable, with Hydraulic Pre-Load adjuster
    fronts hi/lo and rebound adjustable, custom made by the Trac-Tive Guru's
    Swaybar (Ron's)
    Tyres Front Michelin Cross Climate+ 175/60-15
    Rear, for 2022 still a Kenda, next Yokohama Advan Fleva 205/55R15
    Exhaust Bone stock, with a RLS Cat- Delete
    Custom ECU-Mapping, rewritten/adapted to my Ridingstyle
    Pedalbox, Awesome Upgrade...
    2019 F3s , O.E.M. Black, Black, Black

Spyder Garage

Are you sure they sent you the correct links, maybe they sent you links for the Spyder F3, which won't fit on the Ryker. Also agree about BajaRon.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Deputy Dog View Post
    Are you sure they sent you the correct links, maybe they sent you links for the Spyder F3, which won't fit on the Ryker. Also agree about BajaRon.
    Thats what I was thinking.
    2020 Can Am Ryker Rally Sport Touring Edition

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MNRyker2131 View Post
    Hello, I just picked up a 2021 Ryker Rally last week and went to install the Sway Bar end links from Spyder Extras and they do not fit in the same place as the originals, even the spacer part they send to hold the 2 washers on won't fit where the bottom of the link is to be connected as the groove is too narrow by about a 1/16 of a inch or so. Has anyone else installed these on a 2021? From every video I have seen the install looks very simple but it sure is not going to fit without spreading it open some how which I have no interest in doing.
    The Ryker end links are about 1/2" longer than Spyder end links. Also, Spyder links have an 8mm bearing hole. Ryker links have a 6mm bearing hole. If the new links are the same length as the originals, and the mounting bolt fits snugly in the bearing, then you have the correct parts.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

Thank you all for your advice! Wish I would have gotten my links from you Ron! But since I have the Slingmods version already I just gave them another try.

I did the other side first this time and had it on in 5 minutes, took me more time get the old one off than the new one on... Sooooooo, I went to the rights side which I had the issue with and SAME thing, will not drop in, I cannot get the spacer with the washers and the link anywhere near the hole. I felt the groove more closely and there is a ever so small burr right above the hole that is preventing it from dropping in place. It's hard to tell from the pictures but it is less that a 1/16 difference from going in or from the original but it still making it difficult. I tried pounding a 10mm socket into the groove but that did not help yet, I can get it close if I slide it forward but not to get the hole to line up, gonna have a beer and think about it!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images