Spyder Garage

Default Won’t go into reverse and strange sound

We have a 2017 RT Limited thats having shifting issues. A few months back it would not shift into 1st gear. Got the dreaded E when trying to shift into a forward gear. Took it to local dealer and after $600+ $$ was told the reverse interlock was jammed. Picked it up on 3/6 and it’s been in the garage every since. Took it out today and now it won’t go into reverse. I press the R button and pull back on the paddle and no reverse. Getting a very strange noise from the left front that sounds like a gear spinning. Tried to attach a video file where you can hear the sound but did not upload.

Thoughts anyone?

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by viiiball View Post
    We have a 2017 RT Limited thats having shifting issues. A few months back it would not shift into 1st gear. Got the dreaded E when trying to shift into a forward gear. Took it to local dealer and after $600+ $$ was told the reverse interlock was jammed. Picked it up on 3/6 and it’s been in the garage every since. Took it out today and now it won’t go into reverse. I press the R button and pull back on the paddle and no reverse. Getting a very strange noise from the left front that sounds like a gear spinning. Tried to attach a video file where you can hear the sound but did not upload.

Thoughts anyone?
    Go back to that dealer and make them FIX it ..... To me it sounds like it could be the GPS - Gear Position Sensor .... not an un-common issue .... Mike
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-07-2021 at 03:05 AM. Reason: gera - gear