Thread: Will they fit

Spyder Garage

Default Will they fit

We are looking at getting 2 new 2021 RTLs, my question is will our Corbin seats that we have on our 2014 and 2015 RTLs fit on the 2021 RTLs, and will our BRP trailer hitches fit on the 2021s ?
    2014 RTL , Black Currant

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Seats wont fit. I tride my hitch from my 2014 and it fits fine. Not sure about the trailer harness.
    2021 Sea to Sky RT , Highland green

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

What Joel said about the seats. The pre-2020 seats won't even come close to fitting a 2020+. Completely different design. Sorry.

Spyder Garage

One possible upside. The 2021's are supposed to have improved seating.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ARtraveler View Post
    One possible upside. The 2021's are supposed to have improved seating.
    I would say not really. At least not by much. Maybe the 2020+ Comfort seats are better. (I'd really like to get one.)

Spyder Garage

But you can gas a 20/21 while passenger is seated! We like that a lot!

Spyder Garage

As others have said, the seats will not fit. As far as the hitch, the actual hitch will transfer over and takes maybe 10 minutes to do it. The wiring harness will not fit. If you buy a BRP wiring harness for the 2020/2021, you have to take the whole back end off to access the connectors. It's doable but labor intensive. The easy way is to buy the wiring harness from Pierre at https://www.canamspyderaccessories.c...its-2018-2021/ It's plug and play and very easy to install. With Pierre's you will have a flat four pin plug vs a square four pin plug from BRP. That's easy to solve.
    2020 Chalk, RT Limited, Dark and matching RT622 trailer and BRP hitch. BRP Drivers Backrest, Auxiliary Light, Garmin Zumo XT, GPS Support, RT Rear Panel and Travel Cover. Spyderpops LEDs on fenders, mirrors, saddlebags, top case and RT rear panel. Spyderpops Rock Guard. BajaRon Swaybar, Wolo Bad Boy horn, Freedom Windshield, Elka Shocks.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by woods View Post
    With all due respect, sir, that's a stupid thing to do. Gasoline vapors are flammable. About the time the jackass on the next pump lights a smoke and the fumes from YOUR fill ignite, how is your loved one (I'm just assuming, here) supposed to flee? By climbing off the bike, with the drivers seat up, maybe a drivers backrest in the way. NEVER fill your bike with anyone on it.

I know there are a lot of people who do so. It's not MY loved one so I'm not going to lose sleep over it when it happens. Save a loved one (or the hitchhiker you gave a lift to) and make them dismount before you fuel your bike.

Spyder Garage

Seats, no. Hitch, yes. Harness just needs a splitter; the rest of it works. The connections are different. You can remove the back panel, or, stuff the wires thru the opening, drill a few small holes to zip tie the wire out of harms way, and be done. I’ve done several, both ways. I did Ann’s (my wife) bike without removing the rear panel. Works perfect!
    Joe Meyer

Dealer for the Outlaw/ROLO laser Alignment system

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by woods View Post
    On edit: Like Monk said above!

I would never do that! Reason? A fueling fire can be a real thing every once in a while. Someone seated on the trike might not survive that.
    2018 RT Ltd - Asphalt Metallic - East Valley of Phoenix
    2018 RT Ltd Chrome - Champagne Metallic - Lake Stevens, Wa

(Champagne/Hooker) Magic Mirrors, 360 LED head lights, BajaRon sway bar, H&R springs and shock adjusters, dash cam, foam grips, third brake light 4 LED strobe for 7 seconds and then on steady, rear LED turn signals/8 ohm 50W resistors, sequential turn signals on front fenders, Vredestein and PPA Orb wheels on front and General out back, and driver backrest.

Things that move between machines: Ikea sheep skins, Zumo XT GPS, and extra tools. Hooker is going to be my summer trike up North; and Hookie my winter trike down South.

(Asphalt/Hookie) Elka shocks on front - BajaRon sway bar, OEM driver's backrest, LED headlights, dual USB with voltmeter, dash cam, foam grips - Magic Mirrors - front tires Vredestein Quatrac SL on PPA ORB Chrome wheels.

Spyder Garage

I agree that gassing up while anyone is sitting on either seat isn't a really smart thing to do, and it's not just the risk of fire that can be REALLY DAMAGING!! . Just getting a crotch full of liquid gas that you don't/can't wash off properly &/or soon enough can literally scar you for life, as well as doing other damage too!!

Getting neat gas on your hands, that are relatively 'hardened' to things like that, is bad enough . But getting it on any 'sensitive parts' of your skin or anatomy is really no fun . Then leaving it there without pretty much immediately removing it with copious quantities of clean water and appropriate cleaning agents is risking permanent disfigurement or worse!! And THEN there's the fire risk too!!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!