Spyder Garage

Default Can Am Jacket - Armor

I just purchased a can am jacket (Cruise) from leaders-RPM. Great prices, btw! The jacket does not come with any armor so where can I find back, shoulder, elbow armor to fit this jacket?

Thanks!
    2018 F3-S SM6
    2017 Kawasaki Ninja 1000
    2013 Yamaha FJR

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Ndv21 View Post
    I just purchased a can am jacket (Cruise) from leaders-RPM. Great prices, btw! The jacket does not come with any armor so where can I find back, shoulder, elbow armor to fit this jacket?

Thanks!
    Try Cycle Gear or Revzilla- both sell individual CE Level 2 armor which is what you want. They will state either jacket sizes or armor dimensions for comparison. Hope this helps.

1973 Honda CL 350 Scrambler (given to Son)
    2018 Vespa Primavera (Wife’s ride)
    2008 Spyder GS
    2020 Piaggio MP3

Spyder Garage

I'd first check with the vendor - if it has pockets for armor, it should be in them. I bought the orange non-Neutonian fluid back protectors for the wife and myself. Heavy, but breaths well and good enough the the MotoGP riders. My shoulder, elbow, knee, and hip armor came with the gear (back armor too, but I wanted better there).
    "Love 'em all.... Let GOD sort 'em out!"
    2021 RTL Dark Chalk Metallic with comfort seat
    1978 GL1000 w/'75 engine show bike
    1976 RD400c

Spyder Garage

To create a lower price point some clothing company’s are omitting the armor and leaving to the buyer to purchase separately.

1973 Honda CL 350 Scrambler (given to Son)
    2018 Vespa Primavera (Wife’s ride)
    2008 Spyder GS
    2020 Piaggio MP3

Spyder Garage

I've had good luck with Revzilla on some of their closeouts or getting them to price match.
    2019 BMW C650GT, 2010 Spyder RT-S, 2009 BMW R1200RT,(sold) 2009 Honda Silverwing (Sold), 2009 Kawasaki 500 Vulcan (Sold)

\
    2010 RT SE5 , Black

Spyder Garage

If the jacket has internal pockets for armor you need to measure them before shopping for armor. D3 is considered excellent protection. If the pockets are there, I would question why the armor is not included.
    Another option if no pockets is Bohn under-armor that is like a spandex base layer with armor included. Very breathable and may be more effective in a crash since it fits closer than looser fitting jacket armor.
    '20 Spyder RT: Bajaron swaybar. Vredestein tires, Pedal Commander, Elka front shocks, GPS/USB/12V handlebar mount, Heli-Bars, Radar Detector, KOTT grills & vents, Shad top case, chin & DRL LEDs.
    2020 RT base , Chalk White

Spyder Garage

I personally buy everything (armor pants and jackets) from Klim. It’s expensive but best of the best. You can buy individual armor pieces.

“Born to Ride......Ride to Live....MOATER ON !
    “Current ride: 2017 RT Limited”

Spyder Garage

It' a shame that BRP stopped offering armor to order separately, back in 2010-2012 all 3 BRP jackets,
    leather and mesh including pants had the option. Even my wife's mesh jacket I ordered the armor for.