Spyder Garage

Default Limp Mode & Fault Codes on 2013 RT-s SE5 that won't start - HELP!

Howdy Spyder Heads.

Ive dug myself into a bit of a hole. Whilst doing a variety of electrical work (adding driving lights , LED rear lights that tap into the brakes) everything was going smoothly then a series of not good things happened.

It coincided with putting some air into the rear shock thingy (actual name?) but not sure how/if connected. I was pressing the brake to check the functionality of the rear LEDs (they are RGB, able to run dim and then up to full, triggered by brake pedal/lights) and running it without moving it. (the frunk is still off and up on front jack stands)

Limp mode came up, wouldn't start. EEEEEK

I started walking back the taps and even just all additional wiring. I am using a fuse block from Denali that was working well initially.

these fault codes are up>

P0113 (Air Intake Temp something)
    P0556 (brake boost)
    P0504 (brake)
    P2228 (barometric something or other)

The research may have yielded results from other codes/machines, so any clarification is welcome.

Is there a way to clear them without a BUDS, service call?

Battery has been disconnected, making no difference.

HHHEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPP....

Some back story, bought the machine in October, rode it some before the snow flew, and got in some little rides here and there as Maine had a light winter. Ive installed a sway bar and shock spring compressors from BajaRon, threw on some centrmatic wheel balancers while the front wheels and fenders were off while installing the front reflector replacement/upgrade. This spring I slapped on the rear bag running lights/blinker set and replaced the fog lights with LEDS while the frunk was off, and added a set of LEDs to the rear, tapping into the brake light. I was running it and using the brake to test the new light functionality and then limp mode popped up, then went away, but it won't start, and then retrieved the fault codes.

Super frustrated and annoyed with myself and the complexity of the wiring and all that "extra" spyder stuff under "the hood"

Any help appreciated, sarcasm unwelcome....

Thanks, looking forward to a realistic forum for tips and advice. Facebook has moments of sanity, but a lot of fluff....

Downeastryder/Downy

Spyder Garage

When you reinstall the front trunk and hook up the ambiant air sensor wire, the air codes will go away. Next try this on the brake,
    Turn the key on and wait until it fully boots up.
    Press down hard on the brake pedal and hold it.
    Turn the key off and wait until it completely shuts down. Wait 30 seconds just to be sure.
    Only then release the brake pedal.
    The fault should be cleared the next power up. If not try again.
    2014 RT SE6

Spyder Garage

Thanks for feedback, support!

Frunk back on, cleared the brake code. Thanks for the procedure, cheat code!

Got a P062C code (I think, I wrote it down at home) and research reveals that it’s PCM stuff. Looks like a number of options there.

I see you have the same bike, that’s refreshing!

Where’s the rear fork ground? I figured I would start there and didn’t find much online. Saddlebags are very much in the way so I thought I’d ask before pulling stuff off.

Thanks again for constructive, effective, model specific help. I’m not out of the weeds yet...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderJerry View Post
    When you reinstall the front trunk and hook up the ambiant air sensor wire, the air codes will go away. Next try this on the brake,
    Turn the key on and wait until it fully boots up.
    Press down hard on the brake pedal and hold it.
    Turn the key off and wait until it completely shuts down. Wait 30 seconds just to be sure.
    Only then release the brake pedal.
    The fault should be cleared the next power up. If not try again.
    This is what this board great. Thanks for your contribution!
    2015 Pearl White RTL
    Baja Ron Sway Bar
    Russell Day Long Seat
    Strobe Brake Light
    Mirror Mount Turn Signal Indicator

2015 RTL , Yes Pearl White