Spyder Garage

Default "Been there maps"

This is a general Spyder question:

What is the general consensus concerning what the maps in signatures actually mean? For example, my map shows all 49 states that I rode a (two wheel) motorcycle to/in while another ryder told me his map ON THIS Forum shows states he rode his Spyder to/in. My map of the states would only have TWO if I used that criteria. Should I change my map? Or maybe I should ride my F3 to more states? Yes, that's what I'll do! But until then, I'll leave it as it is.
    2020 F3L; gone but not forgotten are all the good miles!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by McRuss View Post
    ......map? Or maybe I should ride my F3 to more states? Yes, that's what I'll do! But until then, I'll leave it as it is.
    It's YOUR sig line, and it's YOUR map - within reason & the bounds of the Forum Rules, you can use it to show whatever you like!

But personally, I DO like the bolded bit in the quote!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Maybe you should add a little to each state you've ridden your Spyder and keep the rest of it the way it is.

Those who say " I can't" will always be right.
    2014 RT Limited , pewter (magnesium?)

Spyder Garage

As Peter A said, it is your map. Do what you want with it. One can be strict, strict, or a bit more loose. I lived in the lower 48 for the first 35 years of my motorcycling. Spyders were not invented until 2008....that was eight years after I moved to Alaska.

My map, when I had it, covered all the states where I had driven a motorcycle and then in 08 and later I added the Spyder miles. Moved back to lower 48 in 2019 and now have the opportunity to finish out the map. The SE was where I had not fully covered the US. I do have Spyder riding in both Alaska, and Hawaii though.

The "purists" were very vocal in years past. I pulled my map and have not posted it since. With mods, there is likely to be less quibbling about what goes on the maps.

So...put up a map if you want. Make it yours, and enjoy. There are no specific rules.

Once Covid is behind us...we are going to re-travel most of the lower 48 in the US...this time on Spyders.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 04-06-2021 at 09:36 AM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Oh, I agree that it is MY map.....but after someone asked me if I'd ridden all those 49 on a Spyder, I decided to see what others thought. I like the idea of adding a spider to each Spyder state but have no idea how that would be done! And the 'far East' states were the toughest to get to. In 2018, I left TX and rode up the Blue Ridge and Skyline to WV and then on to NJ where I spent a few days with a friend. We left NJ early one morning, crossed the Washington Bridge (payed about $15 for a horrible experience crossing it), then into CT. We crossed the RI border, stopped at the first gas station and confirmed we were in RI, then back to CT and up to MA. Back to NY and NJ, final 47th, 48th and 49th! Now to fly to HI and rent a scooter......

Spyder Garage

I rode a Spyder to all 48 states Canada and Nova Scotia

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

i can not get to my canada map

Spyder Garage

Mine is only where I've ridden my Spyder to. Gives me more incentive to ride my Spyder x-country.
    2021 RTL Chrome Deep Marsala
    HELI Bars
    Garmin Zumo XT
    USB power port
    Front fender lights & Sequential turn signals
    Front LED Auxiliary light
    Flashing brake module TricLED
    Baha Ron sway bar
    belt tensioner
    RLS muffler

2021 RT Limited , Marsala Red

Spyder Garage

My map is places i have ridden the Spyder.
    New to Sue and I
    2021, LTD, Asphalt Gray, 22,000 miles
    Gone but not forgotten
    RTS 2011 SM5, 95,000 miles

Spyder Garage

What is the general consensus concerning what the maps in signatures actually mean? For example, my map shows all 49 states that I rode a (two wheel) motorcycle to/in while another ryder told me his map ON THIS Forum shows states he rode his Spyder to/in. My map of the states would only have TWO if I used that criteria. Should I change my map? Or maybe I should ride my F3 to more states? Yes, that's what I'll do! But until then, I'll leave it as it is.
    I use 3 colors on my map. 1st color for when I rode my BSA, 2nd color for states that I rode both my BSA and Spyder, and the 3 color for states that I only rode my Spyder. Also have a little note to the side explaining the color codes.

Dean Secord AKA seaweed
    Veteran: U.S. Air Force
    2015 RT-S SE6

My Mods:
    TricLed Turn Signal, Squared Away Sept, 2016,SpyderPops Bump Skid, SpyderPops Missing Rock Guard, ION camera, Show Chrome Back Rest,
    Show Chrome Hitch. Leesure-lite trailer, Hopnel 850 Saddlebag Liners, Hopnel 3 piece lid netset - trunk and saddlebags
    Magic Brake Strobe/Flasher, DIY LED light strips on upper and lower A frames, BlueKnight911 Magic Mirrors,
    DIY superior grill, USB port, Hwy pegs, DIY Flag mounts for USA and US Air Force flags,
    Method to open Frunk and seat without using key, LED headlights and LED fog lights, turn signal switch safety mod

Spyder Garage

Congrats, Charlotte's Web! By Canada, do you mean all the Provinces?
    Oh, and why not Alaska? Hyder is easy to get to if you don't have time to cross Canada to get to the 'mainland'.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by seaweed View Post
    I use 3 colors on my map. 1st color for when I rode my BSA, 2nd color for states that I rode both my BSA and Spyder, and the 3 color for states that I only rode my Spyder. Also have a little note to the side explaining the color codes.
    I like that Idea! But you must have plucked your map from 'off site' as the one here won't let me change the colors.

Spyder Garage

How do I get the US map on my profile?
    2013 STS , OEM Circuit Yellow

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by fetermel View Post
    How do I get the US map on my profile?
    Click on this link, create and insert in sig.

https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/maps.php

“Born to Ride......Ride to Live....MOATER ON !
    “Current ride: 2017 RT Limited”

Spyder Garage

My map is "Wind Therapy" states/provs. 2 and/or 3 wheels.
    '20 Spyder RT: Bajaron swaybar. Vredestein tires, Pedal Commander, Elka front shocks, GPS/USB/12V handlebar mount, Heli-Bars, Radar Detector, KOTT grills & vents, Shad top case, chin & DRL LEDs.
    2020 RT base , Chalk White

Spyder Garage

P

Our map covers all of our travels except while on foot in state and national parks.
    Penny and Rick have owned many motorcycles starting in 1974 with Honda’s, then to Suzukis, Gold Wings and ultimately Spyders.
    ‘74 Honda 360T (pair); ‘78 Suzuki GS 1000 (pair); ‘’82 Honda Aspencade; ‘84 Honda 400; ‘87 Yamaha 1100; ‘99 Honda Valkyrie; ‘01 Suzuki Burgman(triked); ‘02 Honda GL 1800(triked); ‘10 Spyder RTSE; ‘11 Spyder RTSM; ‘12 Spyder RTSL (pair); ‘20 Spyder RTL (current)

Spyder Garage

I like that Idea! But you must have plucked your map from 'off site' as the one here won't let me change the colors.
    I copied the map from Spyderlovers.com into Adobe Photoshop and painted the colors that I wanted in the map then added to new map to my signature. Almost any photo program would enable you to do the same. I do not recall where I got the map of Europe, my brain cells deteriorate with time.

Good Luck

Dean Secord AKA seaweed
    Veteran: U.S. Air Force
    2015 RT-S SE6

My Mods:
    TricLed Turn Signal, Squared Away Sept, 2016,SpyderPops Bump Skid, SpyderPops Missing Rock Guard, ION camera, Show Chrome Back Rest,
    Show Chrome Hitch. Leesure-lite trailer, Hopnel 850 Saddlebag Liners, Hopnel 3 piece lid netset - trunk and saddlebags
    Magic Brake Strobe/Flasher, DIY LED light strips on upper and lower A frames, BlueKnight911 Magic Mirrors,
    DIY superior grill, USB port, Hwy pegs, DIY Flag mounts for USA and US Air Force flags,
    Method to open Frunk and seat without using key, LED headlights and LED fog lights, turn signal switch safety mod

Spyder Garage

Mine shows all the countries I've ridden motorbikes (Spyder included)

The Finland one is a bit tenuous as most of the time I was working there I rode a ski-doo, but I did get a chance to ride a motorbike with spikes in its wheels on a frozen lake.

If I included BRP Ski-doos I could add Antarctica as well:-)

Spyder Garage

Click on this link, create and insert in sig.

https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/maps.php

Thanks.
    2013 STS , OEM Circuit Yellow