Spyder Garage

Default LED lighting (undercarriage)

Hey fellow ryker riders!

I just started riding recently after turning 50 and saying "bucket list time!"

Anyways, I bought the Ditrio 12 pc LED lighting undercarriage strips

https://www.amazon.com/DITRIO-Motorc..._df_B071ZGCKBL

I am getting ready to attempt my first install of something besides the max mount - it's one of the reason I went ryker - to do my own stuff as much as possible.

Has anyone installed this to their Ryker?

Where does the blue brake wire connect?

I am not sure what wire to connect it to and the kit has no instructions. That allows all the lights to turn red when you hit the brake.

Also what kind of setup do you have your LED lights - would love to see some photos/videos...

Excited to be part of the community and anyone near Charlotte, NC - hit me up for some rides this summer!!

Thanks in advance
    2020 600 , Bike

Spyder Garage

This MIGHT help you. Hook up to the black wires according to this video. WATCH FULL VIDEO. How to Install a Brake Module on Your Can-Am Ryker
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAYkQxqIX-Y
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-05-2021 at 11:38 PM. Reason: Fixed the link!?!

Spyder Garage

Thanks but this goes up front near battery as the wire is not that long
    2020 600 , Bike

Spyder Garage

I install lights on Rykers and Spyders as a Hobby Gig. "Richardson Spyder Shop" on FB if you want to see pictures/etc. I have many pictures on there of Rykers that I have lit up. The Ditrio Kit is "okay" but not my preferred kit. I've had a couple of customers bring that kit to me and I did go ahead and install it for them. My preffered Kit is the Aura Opt7 Pro Kit (14pc) with an expansion pack or two added to it for the Ryker. It's more expensive than the Ditrio but is worth it. Not trying to sell you on that - just throwing it out there.

For the Ditrio Kit - the biggest challenge is the way they do the wiring - you will end up with a light of excess wiring that you will need to do something with. Also, as you point out the brake line is too short. Those kits are intended for Cruisers/Sport Bikes where the battery is in the middle of the bike - and the brake line is close by. I also run the brake line tap all the way to the back to the rear lighting connection - If you unplug one of the rear taillights (I happen to always use the left one) the brake line is the white wire.

HOWEVER, many of the cheap Chinese light kits are not built well and can actually "back feed" power to the brake wire which can cause an error in the Ryker system. I have installed some systems that have yet to present a problem but have also installed the same systems on other bikes that did present a problem. I changed my install routine to always solder in a Diode to prevent any back feed of power.

For the Ditrio System - I would use extra wire (18ga likely - as that is what I have handy) to run the brake line to the back like I do all my installs.

I always remove all the body panels and run the lights and wires along frame rails and/or existing wiring harnesses. One of the major reasons I love the Opt7 kit is because you have many different lengths of wire and quick connects all over the place - so another thing that I take very careful consideration of is what needs removed when doing any sort of service to the bike - and make sure I have quick disconnects in the right places. The Ditrio kit will be much harder to do this because of the length of wires and how its set up.

Hope this helps in some way.

If you do go to my FB page - their is a bike on there "Nick Gwood" - that bike is a Ditrio Kit.
    -----
    Joshua
    2012 Victory Vision
    2016 Spyder F3S
    2019 Spyder RT Limited
    2016 F3S , Triple Black

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by paligap914 View Post
    Hey fellow ryker riders!

I just started riding recently after turning 50 and saying "bucket list time!"

Anyways, I bought the Ditrio 12 pc LED lighting undercarriage strips

https://www.amazon.com/DITRIO-Motorc..._df_B071ZGCKBL

I am getting ready to attempt my first install of something besides the max mount - it's one of the reason I went ryker - to do my own stuff as much as possible.

Has anyone installed this to their Ryker?

Where does the blue brake wire connect?

I am not sure what wire to connect it to and the kit has no instructions. That allows all the lights to turn red when you hit the brake.

Also what kind of setup do you have your LED lights - would love to see some photos/videos...

Excited to be part of the community and anyone near Charlotte, NC - hit me up for some rides this summer!!

Thanks in advance
    Before you get to far into this project ... Check with your SMV about " aux" lighting on your Ryker .... some states ( like mine Vermont ) prohibit them ..... good luck .... Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    Before you get to far into this project ... Check with your SMV about " aux" lighting on your Ryker .... some states ( like mine Vermont ) prohibit them ..... good luck .... Mike
    I agree it's always good to know your state laws - but I always wire the ones I put on with a switch. Customer can turn them on when sitting at a bike show/etc. and off when running down the road if that's what they choose to do. I'd be interested to see how Vermont is worded if they are restricting all "Aux" lighting.
    -----
    Joshua
    2012 Victory Vision
    2016 Spyder F3S
    2019 Spyder RT Limited
    2016 F3S , Triple Black

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jdr00ejr View Post
    I agree it's always good to know your state laws - but I always wire the ones I put on with a switch. Customer can turn them on when sitting at a bike show/etc. and off when running down the road if that's what they choose to do. I'd be interested to see how Vermont is worded if they are restricting all "Aux" lighting.
    Vermont " auxiliary " any lights that are not or where not OEM are considered " Aux. " however I have my RT lit up like a Christmas tree..... and I did what you did ... they are on a separate switch ..... When I chose my lights I followed Fed. D.O.T. lighting regs. ( using red and amber ) I got stopped once for the lights ( I'm an X-Leo ), we had a conversation concerning the DOT regs and She admitted they did follow the regs & were legal .... .... Mike

Spyder Garage

Thank you so much for that great post - I wish you lived in NC as I would hire you to do my lights or at least help with them. I am thinking I am going to not install the brake light feature on this go around and if i want to add it later. This is my first time messing with the electrical so i am bit hesitant.

I haven't been on Facebook in years but I will check it out if i can to get ideas for where to place the lights - I think I know where I want most of them.

Very excited about this project - only problem is the days its nice enough to work on the bike are days I want to ride!!!! Garage needs some cleaning out i guess.
    2020 600 , Bike

Spyder Garage

Yup - NC laws state I can't have flashing lights while riding OR use Red or BLue - that's fine - I have always been partial to the COLOR OF MONEY - GREEN!
    2020 600 , Bike