Spyder Garage

Default Lamonster Garage RT floorboard risers - adapter is here!

I just stumbled on Lamonster's video about installing floorboard risers on 2020 and later RTs. I've whined about an adapter in the past and now it looks like it is here. I even tried a mock-up (2x4s) to see how much I needed and 1 1/2" was about perfect. And that's what Lamonster offers. They're ordered and will be here and mounted soon.

I'm 5'5" and while the stock height works ok, a little higher will be way more comfortable. The decision was made the instant I saw them.
    Head in the game, eyes down the road... 2020RT
    Spyder Tryke Pylot
    2020 RT , Lamonster extender Petrol

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I'm 6'1" with a 31" inseam. I installed the floorboard risers a couple of weekends ago. The riding position feels a bit.....odd but not bad. I'll get used to the different riding position. It's nice to be able to hit that brake pedal without lifting my entire leg (much). Not cheap but I think they're worth it. I would have preferred 3/4-1" instead of 1.5" but beggars can't be choosers. If I win the lottery, I'll have someone custom make a set to my exact specs. I think it's a very good thing for those with shorter legs and not a bad thing for those with average/longer legs.
    Last edited by MONK; 03-14-2023 at 07:07 PM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I'm looking at the adjustable foot rests/highway pegs on Lamonster and value accessories, gives a lot of leg adjustment.

Spyder Garage

I'm very short legged, but with a long torso, so the floorboards were a little low. Knowing that Lamont produces top notch stuff (being a many time happy repeat customer) I bought and installed these. Super easy and as usual, very well made and engineered. My only gripe was the brake pedal was a little too low. All I did was to fabricate a pedal riser/spacer and raised the brake pedal about 1/2". Now it's just about perfect.
    2020 RTL SE6

Previously 2008 GS SM5 and 2014 RT SE6

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by KX5062 View Post
    I'm very short legged, but with a long torso, so the floorboards were a little low. Knowing that Lamont produces top notch stuff (being a many time happy repeat customer) I bought and installed these. Super easy and as usual, very well made and engineered. My only gripe was the brake pedal was a little too low. All I did was to fabricate a pedal riser/spacer and raised the brake pedal about 1/2". Now it's just about perfect.
    I had previously installed Lamonster's brake pedal riser, which made use of the brake much easier. My inseam is 28", so the brake pedal was always a stretch before and the seat put more pressure than I like on my inner thigh. The only negative to the floor board riser is the gap on the outboard side of the brake pedal -- it looks awkward but doesn't seem to have any effect on riding. Today's ride will be an interesting test.
    Spyder Tryke Pylot

Spyder Garage

I did a 100+ mile ride with the new floorboards today and have a few observations. First, the position is different, mostly taking the pressure off of my inner thighs. I can now use the brake much more smoothly and progressively. The final note is that there is much more wind on my knees. This one is more complicated since I also installed the adjustable deflectors a while back. The adjustable deflectors don't fit as tightly to the tupperware and leak some air around their edges, even when closed. I noticed more air as soon as I changed them, but there is more on my knees with the floorboard risers. It will be welcome in the summer, but in the winter not so much...
    Spyder Tryke Pylot

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Hey guys, I just installed the floorboard risers and discovered something. I installed mine with the flat side of the riser against the frame. This helps with the ugly gap created if you install them the way the instructions show. It also eliminates the bolt clearance problem with the brake lever that is causing Lamonster to include one hex bolt. Turn your risers around and you will love them even more! Absolutely no fitment issues. I am wondering if Lamonster had someone design these for him, and he just assumed they went the other way. I think the extra thickness is simply for more strength and to accommodate the long stock bolts.
    IMG_20210729_133714791.jpg IMG_20210729_133646840.jpg IMG_20210729_133657089.jpg
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 03-14-2023 at 05:28 PM. Reason: Fixed attach display ;-)
    2021 Sea to Sky RT , Highland green

Spyder Garage

Still waiting for 21 RT floorboard “lowerers” I was going to invert Lamont’s risers, which would work fine on the left, but the brake arm prevents the lowering of the board on the right. BUGGER

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

I find the brake pedal relative to the floorboards a bit too much. I simulated the risers by adding boards to the floorboards and rode a few days with it that way and it helped the break situation but I finally felt that raising my legs up like that is not the best for me. So I decided not to go that route but I still have an issue with the brake pedal being too high.

I can't apply the brake without lifting my foot and that takes response time and I honestly feel that if I can't fix that brake pedal I might consider a hand brake, since my reflexes have tried to grab for the front brake more than once. I won't do that due to the expense but I do wish somebody that had the resources to fabricate up a shortened brake lever and put that on the market I think there be buyers for it.
    2020 RTL
    Utopia backrest

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jcummins View Post
    I find the brake pedal relative to the floorboards a bit too much. I simulated the risers by adding boards to the floorboards and rode a few days with it that way and it helped the break situation but I finally felt that raising my legs up like that is not the best for me. So I decided not to go that route but I still have an issue with the brake pedal being too high.

I can't apply the brake without lifting my foot and that takes response time and I honestly feel that if I can't fix that brake pedal I might consider a hand brake, since my reflexes have tried to grab for the front brake more than once. I won't do that due to the expense but I do wish somebody that had the resources to fabricate up a shortened brake lever and put that on the market I think there be buyers for it.
    Yep……I would buy that shortened brake lever in a heartbeat, Jcummins. . It would eliminate this - 2A85089B-973A-4BA6-8A34-54E76A3A389C.jpeg

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ButterSmooth View Post
    My inseam is 28", so the brake pedal was always a stretch before and the seat put more pressure than I like on my inner thigh.
    ButterSmooth, I am 5'7" and my leg inseam is also 28". I am hopefully getting a 2023 Spyder RT Limited sometime next month (fingers crossed). How much of an issue was it for you to ride and use the brake without the riser?

Rob
    2020 Can-Am Ryker 600
    2021 Can-Am Spyder F3 Limited
    2020 600 , Can Am White Design

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rap4th View Post
    ButterSmooth, I am 5'7" and my leg inseam is also 28". I am hopefully getting a 2023 Spyder RT Limited sometime next month (fingers crossed). How much of an issue was it for you to ride and use the brake without the riser?
    Rob
    I could ride, but it was a stretch for the brake and wasn't as secure as I'd like. The Lamonster brake pedal riser solved that and the brake is quite comfortable and solid now. The comfort increased another notch with the floorboard risers. -- my legs are in a far more comfortable position. If I didn't sit against the backrest and moved further forward on the saddle, neither would have been required. My ride is very comfortable now and the backrest reduces fatigue. The floorboard risers eliminated lower back pain.
    Spyder Tryke Pylot

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

rap4th
    The floorboard riser also helps with mounting and dismounting the Spyder. You don't have to lift your leg near as high and keeps from dragging your boot across the seat when getting off. (works 4 me anyway) ......Bill
    2020 RTL Chrome, Marsala Red "Non-Directional Tires, Centramatic Balancers"
    Front- Kumho KH-16 175/55r15 @17psi, Rear-General Altimax RT-45 215/60r15 @20psi
    BaJa Ron Ultra 3 pcs sway bar kit
    7jurock 25" tinted windscreen w/flip
    Frogman Dave's "Signal Button"
    If in Doubt, Don't Do It!
    " Pros: Excellent Bug Killer, Cons: Pizz Poor Pothole Dodger"

Spyder Garage

I’m 5’6” and they really made a difference in my comfort as well. I also installed the bigger brake pedal which for me is a great combination.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Joel The Biker View Post
    Hey guys, I just installed the floorboard risers and discovered something. I installed mine with the flat side of the riser against the frame. This helps with the ugly gap created if you install them the way the instructions show. It also eliminates the bolt clearance problem with the brake lever that is causing Lamonster to include one hex bolt. Turn your risers around and you will love them even more! Absolutely no fitment issues. I am wondering if Lamonster had someone design these for him, and he just assumed they went the other way. I think the extra thickness is simply for more strength and to accommodate the long stock bolts.
    IMG_20210729_133714791.jpg IMG_20210729_133646840.jpg IMG_20210729_133657089.jpg
    I need to do this. Anything else you did? I can’t remember if they were side specific?
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 03-14-2023 at 05:28 PM. Reason: Fixed attach display ;-)

Spyder Garage

Default For UK riders.

If anyone in the UK requires a set of these risers I have a spare set lying around. These are genuine LaMonster that were too low for me.
    Grab a bargain with no waiting. PM me.
    Alan.