Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pidjones View Post
    Does anyone have an idea of how long it takes from payment to delivery with iMotorsports?
    For me, it took 2 weeks. They were going to be 1 day late on the delivery, so they delivered it to me in Pigeon Forge while we were on vacation. I drove my 2012 RSS out from Raleigh, NC, and met them the next day. Enjoyed a 5 day vacation tearing up the mountains in NC and Tenn. on my new bike.
    As for buying out of state, I saved $5500 off sticker on my 2014 RT buying new from Texas, and paying the $800 to have it shipped to my door. And then I bought my 2016 F3T in April 2017 and saved $5000 off sticker and had it shipped free to me through Imotorsports. Yes, my local dealers suck (5 in a 50 mile radius) when it comes to new purchases. Two are good on service and still treat me good, even though I did not buy from them.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

My 2cents worth, Holzhauser Motorsports in Nashville, IL. has inventory and decent prices.

Spyder Garage

I just learned from Mike of IMotorsports that Tim is the owner and approves ALL net sales!! Having said that, Mike sent me a net difference of my 2018 RTL for a 2021 RTL that is over $2,000 higher than a quote/offer I got from my regular dealer in Iowa???????? and I've heard so much about this IMotorsports makes great deals but I now find that is not true for my situation..
    AND my Iowa dealer told me he "penalized" me $1,000 for some painted trims I had done as he would have to repaint my Spyder for good resale values..
    Now I'm not sure what I may do. My warranty is up this April 30th so thinking about gettilng a 2 year extension and keeping my 2018 Spyder???? I've got 2 weeks to think about it..
    BIG F

Spyder Garage

Olsens Outdoor Power in Atlantic, IA - talk to Tad Olsen - the owner as he has two full time sales people on staff also
    BIG F

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by kamper View Post
    I just traided for a 2021 rtl in petrol for 15700 plus 10% off any extras. Trade was 2012 rt with 22k.
    Now that would be considered a good deal. Who did you purchase it from?

Jack
    All my life I wanted to be somebody, now I realize I should have been more specific.
    2019 Specialized E-Bike COMO 2.0
    2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
    2018 Tiffin Phaeton 37BH Motorhome
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2012 RT-622 trailer viper red
    2014 Look 7x12 motorcycle trailer silver and black
    2011 Polaris Ranger green
    2013 GMC Yukon Denali XL silver oak
    2016 Can Am Maverick

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by baxter View Post
    My 2cents worth, Holzhauser Motorsports in Nashville, IL. has inventory and decent prices.
    That is where i bought my 2020 RT in February. They don't wave on any fees though.
    2020 RT , Chalk White

Spyder Garage

Just got a text from Mike. The bike is prepped and ready to ship! He expects me to get it tomorrow!

Had to move the RD400c back out to the shed to make room. I did sell the '79 GL1000 yesterday, still need to sell the '06 GL1800, though.
    "Love 'em all.... Let GOD sort 'em out!"
    2021 RTL Dark Chalk Metallic with comfort seat
    1978 GL1000 w/'75 engine show bike
    1976 RD400c

Spyder Garage

Just got a text from Mike. The bike is prepped and ready to ship! He expects me to get it tomorrow!

Had to move the RD400c back out to the shed to make room. I did sell the '79 GL1000 yesterday, still need to sell the '06 GL1800, though.
    Sounds great, I'm sure you'll love it.

When you get it make sure to check all fluid levels and the air in the tires.
    2020 RT Limited Chrome , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by K80Shooter View Post
    Sounds great, I'm sure you'll love it.

When you get it make sure to check all fluid levels and the air in the tires.
    Yep. Same with most al vehicles these days. Our Equinox was drastically over-filled with oil after our first (included free) oil change. I pulled over a quart out to bring it to correct level - just before driving to Florida! And yes, the dipstick is correct. I've done my own oil changes on it since. I spent a summer putting Hondas together back in '67 for $3 apiece. I did careful work by the instructions included with each bike, but didn't really know any motorcycle mechanics back then. With the difficulty in hiring these days, I shudder to thinks of who (or what) assembled the RT. Luckily, most of that is done at the factory. But yes, levels, tightness, check the belt tracking. All things to watch for.
    1976 RD400c

Spyder Garage

Roelfsen implement Toronto SD 605-794-2131.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis in Lodi View Post
    When I went to register my Spyder in Wisconsin from Imotorsports, I couldn't do it. The DOT window lady said I have to have it inspected as she sees it as some kind of home made trike. I told her she was flat out wrong. I snuck around in line again and got a different DOT window person who made the transaction sail right through as it should. With title in hand I went past original window person and flipped her the bird as I waived my title at her. I also had some delays in getting a new car title that I bought in IL and tried to register in WI. A phone DOT call was not easy as Covid left a reduced staff. Just saying things can spin the wrong way buying in another state and registering and paying tax in yours. My car took six months to get it titled.
    Dennis
    I bought my spyder in Illinois and live in Wisconsin......took me 2 months to get my title.....
    2019 F3L , Covid Blue

Spyder Garage

It arrived today at about 2 pm (driver was held up in traffic for 2-3 hours). 0.6 miles on the clock. They had even installed the air deflectors that I purchased, and it had a FULL TANK! Once I checked the oil, brake fluid, and let about 10 psi out of all three tires (I guess it was a lot cooler in Chicago), I took it over one of my favorite loops through Norris Dam State Park. Then, I rode it to bike night at the Time Warp Tea Room (our vintage bike hang-out). Kt now has about 90 miles on it and I am well pleased. Still learning to ride it, but getting smoother all the time. Still haven't really figured out the stereo, but that will come (we live in a hole , so reception here is awful and I don't want to play while riding).

I have to say that iMotorsports and Mike Kay measured up to every expectation that I had. Paul delivered it out to our house (and we live in a pretty remote area with twisty roads) in great shape. I am a pleased pup today. But, I haven't tried BP Connect yet. I might not, just to avoid disappointment.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    1976 RD400c

Spyder Garage

Very, very nice looking ride.
    "When Writing the Story of Your Life, Don’t Let Anyone Else Hold the Pen"
    "Too many of us are not living our dreams because we are living our fears.” – Les Brown

2014 Can-Am Spyder RT LE
    1985 Honda GL1200 Goldwing Limited Edition

Ernest

Spyder Garage

I like it!
    2020 RT Limited Chrome , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

for those of you looking/thinking about IMotorsports offer great deals, I would suggest to keep looking.. I got a trade offer from them that was $2,000 more than the offer from my dealer in Iowa??????? I would truly love to know what the dealer cost is on a 2021 RTL as there is apparently a lot of wiggle room for the dealers.. and I fully understand that profit is not a cuss word... :-)
    BIG F

Spyder Garage

It arrived today at about 2 pm (driver was held up in traffic for 2-3 hours). 0.6 miles on the clock. They had even installed the air deflectors that I purchased, and it had a FULL TANK! Once I checked the oil, brake fluid, and let about 10 psi out of all three tires (I guess it was a lot cooler in Chicago), I took it over one of my favorite loops through Norris Dam State Park. Then, I rode it to bike night at the Time Warp Tea Room (our vintage bike hang-out). Kt now has about 90 miles on it and I am well pleased. Still learning to ride it, but getting smoother all the time. Still haven't really figured out the stereo, but that will come (we live in a hole , so reception here is awful and I don't want to play while riding).

I have to say that iMotorsports and Mike Kay measured up to every expectation that I had. Paul delivered it out to our house (and we live in a pretty remote area with twisty roads) in great shape. I am a pleased pup today. But, I haven't tried BP Connect yet. I might not, just to avoid disappointment.
    if it only had .06 miles on it then the dealer did not do a safety ride check before delivering it to you, it should have anywhere from 8 to 12 miles on it if they followed through with the test ride after assembly.

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Big F View Post
    for those of you looking/thinking about IMotorsports offer great deals, I would suggest to keep looking.. I got a trade offer from them that was $2,000 more than the offer from my dealer in Iowa??????? I would truly love to know what the dealer cost is on a 2021 RTL as there is apparently a lot of wiggle room for the dealers.. and I fully understand that profit is not a cuss word... :-)
    BIG F
    At the moment it appears to be a "sellers" market. I have posted a few times in the past some of the negotiation points on deals. There is a bit to play with in the categories...but you will NEVER get it all. Some push and shove should take place, keeping in mind that if the dealer did not make some profit...they would not be there. It is a one on one situation, and the deals can fluctuate from one time to another.

I said the following in a similar thread, no extra charge, no guarantees...Becoming mercenary can have a lasting effect. Customers do have long memories.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

BTW, I have not seen this mentioned elsewhere, but it came with a SAE connector pre-installed in the frunk. Finally this morning I figured out how to program the FM presets, and plugged in and old mini ipod. Played real well. Might try the phone tonight, maybe put the old Microsoft phone in there for playing music from it.
    1976 RD400c

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Big F View Post
    BIG F
    Really glad you found a deal you were happy with. Don't know why you feel led to poop on mine.
    1976 RD400c

Spyder Garage

Really glad you found a deal you were happy with. Don't know why you feel led to poop on mine.
    You have a sweet looking ride, and will get many enjoyable miles and moments with it. You feel you did well, good enough for me.
    "When Writing the Story of Your Life, Don’t Let Anyone Else Hold the Pen"
    "Too many of us are not living our dreams because we are living our fears.” – Les Brown

2014 Can-Am Spyder RT LE
    1985 Honda GL1200 Goldwing Limited Edition

Ernest

Spyder Garage

On our GL1800, I would charge my Sena SM5 with a USB plug-in adapter in a cigarette - type outlet in my trunk lid. But I don't believe any of the USB ports on the RT are always-on. Solution is a Battery Tender SAE to USB adapter that I had purchased just-in case. Works great in the frunk SAE port that mine came with. Still considering moving the Electrical Connection Power Plate from my GL1800 to the Spyder to provide both key-OFF and ON 12 Volt connections (contolled by relay). The advantage ot this besides plenty of key-ON fuse-protected connections is that a battery tender connected to the key-off port is isolated when you turn the key ON, protecting both the bike's electronics and the tender from each other. Plus it gives a real good place to hook up my Gerbing heated gear and only have it energized with key-ON. I'll consult with Lewis Preston of The Electrical Connection first, however.
    1976 RD400c

Spyder Garage

The only hiccup I had with imotorsports was they couldn’t do the Texas registration for tags as they thought. This supposedly was due to a change where Texas stopped allowing out of state companies doing it. They kept emailing me temporary tags until they figured out it couldn’t be done and then refunded me the tax and documentation fee they had charged and sent me all the paperwork. I spent about half an hour at the local county tax office and got Texas tags.
    2020 Spyder RT base
    2020 RT , Chalk White

Spyder Garage

whats ur 06 worth with 124k?
    2012 RTL 14 RTS , Pearl White @ Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by davev1pa View Post
    whats ur 06 worth with 124k?
    KBB says typical listing price is $8445, Trade-in $5840, I have Traxxion Full Monty on it which should add at least 1k to value, plus Utopia backrest, Bike MP3, BackOff brake light modulators. Will also add some extras to make up for the high mileage. I'm asking $6500. Clear title in-hand.
    1976 RD400c

Spyder Garage

The neighbor and I rode our Spyders over "the Devil's Triangle" (poorly named as it is more of a rectangle with over 20 churches along it) today. Getting more and more used to three wheels. Mileage up to 36 mpg now. When we returned, USPS delivered 10mm x 1.5 mount RAM ball that I red Loctited into the 10mm x 1.5 coupler on stud that I had replaced the bottom left handlebar bolt with. Using the old short arm that I had, mounted the Garmin 396 on it. Good, solid setup.
    1976 RD400c