Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis in Lodi View Post
    When I went to register my Spyder in Wisconsin from Imotorsports, I couldn't do it. The DOT window lady said I have to have it inspected as she sees it as some kind of home made trike. I told her she was flat out wrong. I snuck around in line again and got a different DOT window person who made the transaction sail right through as it should. With title in hand I went past original window person and flipped her the bird as I waived my title at her. I also had some delays in getting a new car title that I bought in IL and tried to register in WI. A phone DOT call was not easy as Covid left a reduced staff. Just saying things can spin the wrong way buying in another state and registering and paying tax in yours. My car took six months to get it titled.
    Dennis
    So far, my experiences in Tennessee have been efficient and pleasant. Purchase in Ohio of a '76 RD400c with no title but notarized BOS gave no problem. Called sheriff's office and they sent a deputy out to check the VIN, called it in and signed the form in about five minutes. Took the forms to county clerk's office, paid sales tax and transferred an old tag to it. I expect no problems with the Spyder.
    "Love 'em all.... Let GOD sort 'em out!"
    2021 RTL Dark Chalk Metallic with comfort seat
    1978 GL1000 w/'75 engine show bike
    1976 RD400c

Spyder Garage

Not sure why people go long distances from their local dealer just to save a few hundred dollars...as I usually find such "projects" costing me more in the long run. Not knocking those that do, I'm just not mentally built for long distant dealership relationships.

I just purchased a new 2021 Spyder RTL Dark with the local dealer and was treated well with enough incentive to keep it local. Overall though, my impression is again the supply of new Spyders are limited compared to pre-COVID years. It's definitely a sellers market. I sort of laugh that Can-Am incentives of up to $2000 off for 2020 Spyders...as there aren't just that many 2020s left at the dealers.

2017 Spyder RT Limited - Champagne Metallic Chrome
    - Wolo Bad Boy Horn, SPYDERPOPS Next Gen LED Bumpskid, SPYDERPOPS Double Vision Daytime Running Lights
    2021 Spyder RT Limited - Deep Marsala Metallic Dark
    - Replaced 2021 Stock Handlebars with F3 Stock Handlebars, BRP Adjustable Driver Backrest, Wolo Bad Boy Horn, SPYDERPOPS Double Vision Daytime Running Lights, SPYDERPOPS ""BRAKER BARS" Brake/Run Lights

Spyder Garage

I tried to deal on a leftover 2020 with 2 different dealers, both semi local. Couldn't get a price I liked from either one of them. Ended up buying a 2018 F3L from a friend that had a whopping 198 miles on it. Couldn't be happier.
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2018 F3 Limited - Intense Red Pearl . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pidjones View Post
    Ok, so show me where you can get better. Locally I have to pay freight, prep, doc fee, tripled registration fee. Maybe you can do better in AZ, or maybe you haven't tried to buy one in the past month.

And BTW, Mike has done everything that I asked. Maybe some have had a problem with him. I've had trouble with employees at other businesses and came to realize that customers are a LOT easier to find than employees (ask any restaurant).
    See post #6
    2021 Sea To Sky, 2020 RTL

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BryanSD View Post
    Not sure why people go long distances from their local dealer just to save a few hundred dollars...as I usually find such "projects" costing me more in the long run. Not knocking those that do, I'm just not mentally built for long distant dealership relationships.

I just purchased a new 2021 Spyder RTL Dark with the local dealer and was treated well with enough incentive to keep it local. Overall though, my impression is again the supply of new Spyders are limited compared to pre-COVID years. It's definitely a sellers market. I sort of laugh that Can-Am incentives of up to $2000 off for 2020 Spyders...as there aren't just that many 2020s left at the dealers.
    Well if you think $2000 dollars is just pocket change then you got more money than sense. Thats how much I saved by going long distance as the local dealers would not come down any at all. My last two Spyders were purchased long distance.

2017 F3 Limited in Intense Red Pearl

2008 Triumph Rocket (SOLD)

2002 Honda VTX 1800 C ( SOLD)

2014 Triumph Thunderbird Commander

Spyder Garage

I'm currently in negotiations of trading my 2018 RTL for the 2021 Marsala Red RTL.. I have a BajaRon sway bar on my 2018 RTL so does anyone know if that with interchange with the 2021 RTL?
    tks
    BIG F

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rjinaz86323 View Post
    I tried to deal on a leftover 2020 with 2 different dealers, both semi local. Couldn't get a price I liked from either one of them. Ended up buying a 2018 F3L from a friend that had a whopping 198 miles on it. Couldn't be happier.
    Have to agree. I ride 50 miles to my go to dealer. He trated me very right on the trade in and the bottom line for my 2020 RTL, plus 15% off on parts and labor. There was just no way I could get my local guy to work with me on the trade, he didn't seem very interested anyway. It a nice back road ride to my Eustis FL dealer anyway, so i'm good with it.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Ex-Rocket View Post
    Well if you think $2000 dollars is just pocket change then you got more money than sense. Thats how much I saved by going long distance as the local dealers would not come down any at all. My last two Spyders were purchased long distance.
    Me too. Bought NEW, one year old F3's in 2019 and 2020. Was treated better by the long distance dealer than the locals. Rebates were one of the savings on both machines. That, added to trade in...made the price workable for me.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

I live in a rural area of Northern Arizona, so my closest dealer is over 100 miles aways in the Phoenix metro area or 175 miles to a dealer in Vegas. Neither location is a place I enjoy going. So dealer loyalty is not that high on my list, as I try to do all of my own work. Unfortunately I do have to go to the dealer this month to get the latest BRP software update.
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2018 F3 Limited - Intense Red Pearl . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Spyder Garage

Here was my reasoning. I have 2 dealers wishing 40 miles of location. Both do good service but their sales department stink. In 2017, I purchased a RT limited. The best one of the local dealers was $27,749 plus tax which was $29413 total. I wanted $2000 in accessories and they were charging me 10 percent off parts but charged me for installation. I called 5 hours away to the largest Can Am dealer on the East coast and the same spyder ( color/ version) was $21,984 out the door. They gave me 50 percent off accessories and free install. I went back to my local dealer showed him the quote and even made him the offer don’t match it but meet me half way to comp for gas. The answer is “No Way, theres no way he can sell it for that he’s loosing money” That’s $6000 difference. I can tell you this.... My can am side by side was $7000 cheaper 6 hours from me to the south than local. My sleds have all been bought in Michigan from the same place for $2000 cheaper than local. If the local dealer doesn’t want to sell they still can do your labor work if you wanted. They won’t treat you any differently in labor. I’ve tried every time to give them the sale. Each time they turn me down.

“Born to Ride......Ride to Live....MOATER ON !
    “Current ride: 2017 RT Limited”

Spyder Garage

Many reasons and each has their own. Customer service being at the top of the list, if you don't like how you are treated you probably won't return regardless of where you are. You mention that the experience at your local dealer was good. I submit that if it wasn't you might not have bought from it. People drive a few miles just to save a penny or two on a Litre/gallon of gas, spent more getting to the other station, applies to a lot of what we do. People make the first trip of a long distance purchase into the first long trip on their bike, may not do it again. Specific make/model with the required attributes is also a driver.

Bought a 2012 Suzuki V-Strom DL1000 in Toronto, Ontario 2 years ago, live in Victoria, British Columbia. Would have been less expensive to buy in BC, but this bike fit the budget, and got to do a family/friends tour around Ontario before a great ride across Canada home. Selling the V-Strom now and will never recoup the expense of the trip and what I have done to the bike since; however, seeing family/friends and having a great ride across Canada - priceless.

I'm all for making a deal, but it must fit what I want. If travelling a long distance is required, then long distance it is, same with the price.

Cheers
    "When Writing the Story of Your Life, Don’t Let Anyone Else Hold the Pen"
    "Too many of us are not living our dreams because we are living our fears.” – Les Brown

2014 Can-Am Spyder RT LE
    1985 Honda GL1200 Goldwing Limited Edition

Ernest

Spyder Garage

Ok, so show me where you can get better. Locally I have to pay freight, prep, doc fee, tripled registration fee. Maybe you can do better in AZ, or maybe you haven't tried to buy one in the past month.

And BTW, Mike has done everything that I asked. Maybe some have had a problem with him. I've had trouble with employees at other businesses and came to realize that customers are a LOT easier to find than employees (ask any restaurant).
    I tried to buy from them at the first of the year. My price was without all the "Mickey Mouse" charges of dealer prep, freight, documentation, washing the windshield, kicking the tires and rubbing Tea Tree Oil on the handle bars etc. Well you get the jest of it. If I recall the price was around $26,000. delivered. I had to pay their State Tax and the difference of mine when delivered.

At that time they delivered the wrong one to some one 20 miles south of me and a fellow in CA could not register his because it was sold without CA emissions approval. The factory shipped a large amount to the dealer without emissions approval in CA. and I Motorsports sold them. He of course could not register in the state of CA.

Do a search of I Motorsports here and you can read all about it. This and others are the reason I did not buy from them. "Let the buyer be ware"

End of year is the best time to buy when the rebates start.

Jack
    All my life I wanted to be somebody, now I realize I should have been more specific.
    2019 Specialized E-Bike COMO 2.0
    2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
    2018 Tiffin Phaeton 37BH Motorhome
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2012 RT-622 trailer viper red
    2014 Look 7x12 motorcycle trailer silver and black
    2011 Polaris Ranger green
    2013 GMC Yukon Denali XL silver oak
    2016 Can Am Maverick

Spyder Garage

I bought my 2020 RT base in February in Southern Illinois for about 20,800.00 (can't remember exact amount) out the door. No miles, 2000.00 dollar rebate. I would have loved to get it for less but the left over 2020s were selling fast. I think I got lucky even though we always wish we got it for less. You know what they say, "You can wish in one hand and ......."
    2020 RT , Chalk White

Spyder Garage

I just bought my first Spyder, a Sea to Sky. Went to two local dealers, the closest was 29799 + 1200 Freight and Prep. Went to the second dealer about 20 miles away and got it for 28200 no freight or prep, 20% off accessories and free install. Some deal some don't.

Spyder Garage

There is another side to the wrong vehicle shipped to CA situation.

Posted in a different thread, with the solution...from the person it happened to.

Posted by Supercrawler:
    "Jason from IMotorsports called me today.
    They finally received California version from Can Am It ready to ship out and swap the wrong spyder they sent.
    Well,,this is what I been waiting for.
    The IMotorsports was very understandable the mistake they made standes for consumers point of view all the way swaped the bike with no question to asked,, Defiantly recommend IMotorsports to purchase the bikes to all my friends."

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Ex-Rocket View Post
    My point wasn't that it's not worth trying to save $2000 with the previous year, but that's they're hard to find as inventory of both 2020 and 2021 are much more limited compared to previous years. My 2017 was purchased in 2018 as a leftover at a local dealer with $3000 off. I was happy to save the money. If you can find someone long distant dealer you can trust...that's good. I just know of some situations where that doesn't always go well and added hurdles to coming to a solution. For example, free easy delivery of the vehicle to your house but far from free or easy to returns if you've determined it to be a lemon.

- Wolo Bad Boy Horn, SPYDERPOPS Next Gen LED Bumpskid, SPYDERPOPS Double Vision Daytime Running Lights
    - Replaced 2021 Stock Handlebars with F3 Stock Handlebars, BRP Adjustable Driver Backrest, Wolo Bad Boy Horn, SPYDERPOPS Double Vision Daytime Running Lights, SPYDERPOPS ""BRAKER BARS" Brake/Run Lights

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rjinaz86323 View Post
    I live in a rural area of Northern Arizona, so my closest dealer is over 100 miles aways in the Phoenix metro area or 175 miles to a dealer in Vegas. Neither location is a place I enjoy going. So dealer loyalty is not that high on my list, as I try to do all of my own work. Unfortunately I do have to go to the dealer this month to get the latest BRP software update.
    I sometimes wonder if I would have bought my Spyders if I didn't have a local dealer. I probably would have been more inclined to go HD or Honda.

On a sidebar, I'm curious as to why you don't have to take your Spyder in for a BRP software update. Is there an at-home solution for doing so?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Wmoater View Post
    Here was my reasoning. I have 2 dealers wishing 40 miles of location. Both do good service but their sales department stink. In 2017, I purchased a RT limited. The best one of the local dealers was $27,749 plus tax which was $29413 total. I wanted $2000 in accessories and they were charging me 10 percent off parts but charged me for installation. I called 5 hours away to the largest Can Am dealer on the East coast and the same spyder ( color/ version) was $21,984 out the door. They gave me 50 percent off accessories and free install. I went back to my local dealer showed him the quote and even made him the offer don’t match it but meet me half way to comp for gas. The answer is “No Way, theres no way he can sell it for that he’s loosing money” That’s $6000 difference. I can tell you this.... My can am side by side was $7000 cheaper 6 hours from me to the south than local. My sleds have all been bought in Michigan from the same place for $2000 cheaper than local. If the local dealer doesn’t want to sell they still can do your labor work if you wanted. They won’t treat you any differently in labor. I’ve tried every time to give them the sale. Each time they turn me down.
    Yes, for $6000 difference I'd make the long distant deal too. I will say though with my 2017 there seemed to be more room for wheeling and dealing from various dealers than for the 2020/2021 the past years. I think there are supply chain issues starting to brew that's affecting not only Can-Am but the whole vehicle industry. Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm glad I pulled the trigger for a 2021 this month rather than wait later in the season to make the purchase.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-13-2021 at 08:23 PM. Reason: sp & display

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Big F View Post
    I'm currently in negotiations of trading my 2018 RTL for the 2021 Marsala Red RTL.. I have a BajaRon sway bar on my 2018 RTL so does anyone know if that with interchange with the 2021 RTL?
    tks
    BIG F
    Yes they are. I have one on my 2020 that was on my 2015 that I traded in.
    2021 Sea To Sky, 2020 RTL

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Spyder Garage

I just traided for a 2021 rtl in petrol for 15700 plus 10% off any extras. Trade was 2012 rt with 22k.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Big F View Post
    tks
    BIG F
    Get the dealer to swap the sway bar on their nickel as part of the deal or just put one on your new rig on their nickel.
    2018 RT Limited - Asphalt Metallic - East Valley of Phoenix/ 2018 RT Limited Chrome
    Champagne Metallic Lake Stevens, Wa

(Champagne/Hooker)Magic Mirrors, 360 LED head lights, BajaRon sway bar, H&R springs and shock adjusters, dash cam, foam grips, third brake light 4 LED strobe for 7 seconds and then on steady, rear LED turn signals/8 ohm 50W resistors, sequential turn signals on front fenders, Federal Formosa's front and General out back, and driver backrest.

Things that move between machines: Ikea sheep skins, Zuno XT GPS, and extra tools. Hooker is going to be my summer up North and Hookie my winter trike down South.

(Asphalt/Hookie) Elka shocks on front - BajaRon sway bar, OEM drivers backrest, LED headlights, dual USB with volt meter, dash can, foam grips - magic mirrors - front tires Vredestein Quatrac SL on PPA ORB Chrome wheels.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by kamper View Post
    I just traided for a 2021 rtl in petrol for 15700 plus 10% off any extras. Trade was 2012 rt with 22k.
    I think you did really well!
    2020 RT Limited , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Does anyone have an idea of how long it takes from payment to delivery with iMotorsports?
    1976 RD400c

Spyder Garage

Does anyone have an idea of how long it takes from payment to delivery with iMotorsports?
    In both my cases it was about three weeks. There was funky weather going on both times. Dec 2019& January 2021. I see your in TN, so that may cut it down a little.

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Just got a text from Mike that the machine has been requested from the warehouse and they should have it within the week. And, since I am near their route (to the Florida dealership I guess) they will be able to expedite the shipping. I email him back and asked that he inform their logistics people that the route many take here leads to a 90 degree turn to a wooden one lane railroad bridge. He replied back that the driver would be contacting me in advance. So far, so good! Now to sell a couple GoldWings.
    1976 RD400c