Thread: MP3/flash drive

Spyder Garage

Default MP3/flash drive

Has anyone used an adapter that would allow you to plug a flash drive with music into the iPod port?

Spyder Garage

Not sure which year you have, mine is a 2017. I have 32g USB plugged into the USB outlet in the truck, and have over 2000 songs on it. I can change songs with the handlebar controls, and the title etc. displays on the dash.

Have used this since I got the bike, works great.

2017 RT-S

Bump Skid - Spyderpops
    Wrap - Wrapmyspyder
    swaybar - Bajaron
    Sena 20D & SM10
    3 PC Mesh Zippered Lid Net Set - TricLED
    A arm LED's - Safety LED's - TricLED
    Mirror Sequential turn signals
    Glo-riders
    LED rear turn signals and reverse lights
    Front Grills
    Third Brake light
    Larson Scanner
    Light Up - Sue Hopper

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bcer960 View Post
    Not sure which year you have, mine is a 2017. I have 32g USB plugged into the USB outlet in the truck, and have over 2000 songs on it. I can change songs with the handlebar controls, and the title etc. displays on the dash.

Have used this since I got the bike, works great.
    Sorry forgot the year. Mine is a 2013 rt limited. I don’t have a USB port just the iPod port

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by GlenCreek View Post
    Sorry forgot the year. Mine is a 2013 rt limited. I don’t have a USB port just the iPod port
    There is a cable available with a mini stereo connector that plugs into the audio port in the trunk but all you get is volume control. There is no adapter that I know of that lets you navigate the contents of an MP3 player. And I'm not aware of any adapter to plug a USB stick into and connect to stereo cable.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post
    There is a cable available with a mini stereo connector that plugs into the audio port in the trunk but all you get is volume control. There is no adapter that I know of that lets you navigate the contents of an MP3 player. And I'm not aware of any adapter to plug a USB stick into and connect to stereo cable.
    I attempted to upload a picture of the adapter. Not sure it worked
    Attached Images Attached Images

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by GlenCreek View Post
    I attempted to upload a picture of the adapter. Not sure it worked
    Well, for 8 1/2 bucks I'd say it's worth the gamble! Depends entirely how well the Apple protocol for controlling an iPod is duplicated in the adapter.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

IdahoMtnSpyder, I was able to use my USB stick with hundreds of songs and use handlebar controls to skip forward and backwards with no problem on my 2017 Indian. BUT NOT ON THE 2020 SPYDER RT LIMITED!!!! . ...I traded Indian because of left knee replacement and bad balance. MISTAKE MISTAKE MISTAKE! The Spyder has the worst recorded music adaptability I've ever seen. Also can't get my ipod nano to hook up to handlebar controls! What a joke!