69 75.00%
  • Nope, I am against flashing in public

20 21.74%
  • No, but Im about to start

3 3.26%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bikerbillone View Post
    My practice when slowing down or making a stop is to tap the brake several times, if I have the time, to get attention behind me. Not sure it helps, but it makes me feel better.
    x2

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Snoking1127 View Post
    On a Spyder they are both always on, shutters down or up, the distance between them is the same. On shutters down they might think one was farther away vs shutters up. I just keep my bobble head looking around.
    That is not the way it is on the 2020+ RT. High beams turn on the inside lights on both sides. Low beams are on the outside only.
    2021 RT Limited , Deep Marsala Red Metallic (Dark)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Schreckftw View Post
    That is not the way it is on the 2020+ RT. High beams turn on the inside lights on both sides. Low beams are on the outside only.
    So we can say you are shutterless?
    2018 RT Ltd - Asphalt Metallic - East Valley of Phoenix
    2018 RT Ltd Chrome - Champagne Metallic - Lake Stevens, Wa

(Champagne/Hooker) Magic Mirrors, 360 LED head lights, BajaRon sway bar, H&R springs and shock adjusters, dash cam, foam grips, third brake light 4 LED strobe for 7 seconds and then on steady, rear LED turn signals/8 ohm 50W resistors, sequential turn signals on front fenders, Vredestein and PPA Orb wheels on front and General out back, and driver backrest.

Things that move between machines: Ikea sheep skins, Zumo XT GPS, and extra tools. Hooker is going to be my summer trike up North; and Hookie my winter trike down South.

(Asphalt/Hookie) Elka shocks on front - BajaRon sway bar, OEM driver's backrest, LED headlights, dual USB with voltmeter, dash cam, foam grips - Magic Mirrors - front tires Vredestein Quatrac SL on PPA ORB Chrome wheels.

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by milryder View Post
    I have a '21 RT and looking at the manual it indicates both lights will be corrected simultaneously either vertically or horizontally by removing left mirror (vertical adj) and behind the glove box (horizontal).
    I think you misread the manual. Both high and low beam will adjust simultaneously, but the adjustment is individually done on left and right headlights. The illustration in the manual is for the LH light but it would be the same on the RH light.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bikerbillone View Post
    My practice when slowing down or making a stop is to tap the brake several times, if I have the time, to get attention behind me. Not sure it helps, but it makes me feel better.

& more reason for brake light modulation :firstplace https://www.rivcoproducts.com/?s=Soma
    Nice addition that will modulate Leds while, oem lights stay solid. Mix the pattern up & hope more visible.

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

This is what I look like during the day.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2021 RTL Chrome Deep Marsala
    HELI Bars
    Garmin Zumo XT
    USB power port
    Front fender lights & Sequential turn signals
    Front LED Auxiliary light
    Flashing brake module TricLED
    Baha Ron sway bar
    belt tensioner
    RLS muffler

2021 RT Limited , Marsala Red

Spyder Garage

Your new Spyder looks good ��. Bruce
    New to Sue and I
    2021, LTD, Asphalt Gray, 22,000 miles
    Gone but not forgotten
    RTS 2011 SM5, 95,000 miles

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bfromla View Post

& more reason for brake light modulation :firstplace https://www.rivcoproducts.com/?s=Soma
    Nice addition that will modulate Leds while, oem lights stay solid. Mix the pattern up & hope more visible.
    I added a modulator for my trunk brake light. I think it makes a lot of difference.
    2020 RT Limited Chrome , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

I'll add my experience to this conversation about using your high beams during the daytime. On my prior bike, a 2012 Concours C14 sport touring bike, I had installed a Kissan headlight modulator (plug and play, no splicing of wires). It saved my butt more than once by being seen and got the thumbs up from more than one cop. I also had DLR lights on all the time as well. The only down side I guess was that people kept thinking that I was cop on this bike and would pull off the road (coming and going) and pull over to let me pass on the highway. When I bought my 2016 F3-LTD I re-installed the same unit on this bike (same bulbs). I ride with the high beams and DRL (LED) on during the day all the time. I get the occasional flash from someone but I just give them a wave of thanks, they saw me. Again, I've gotten the thumbs up from more than one cop for my setup on this bike as well. I still have the stock headlight bulbs as I think the LED's might be too bright for a modulator. Yes, there is the odd twit out there that doesn't understand the purpose of the modulator, but so be it. When I've ridden with a group they always tell me that they can easily see me behind them. They don't complain about the modulation at all. I'll also let them know if I can see them behind me or not when they are only using their low beams. It wakes them up sometimes. They just hate it when I can still keep up with them in the twisties on their C14's. Regular riders, not the hard core ones, even some of the regular guys can't keep up with them. Anyway, use whatever you're comfortable with and enjoy your ride and life.
    Life is attitude, be positive!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by K80Shooter View Post
    I added a modulator for my trunk brake light. I think it makes a lot of difference.
    02D43500-D0AA-4D31-A0F7-3E545585A471.jpeg OEM & long led tail/brake , small led are tail & blink with brake. Couple times leading small group(3-5)had various comments on how was visibly
    Different & noticeable.
    E9617AB7-D5B9-4BD9-8A3C-3161D9403869.jpg did same to two wheeler lic frame led are tail & blinks with brake
    Last edited by Bfromla; 04-12-2021 at 10:51 PM. Reason: Pic

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack