Spyder Garage

Default Aftermarket sounds... How do I make something work?!

I just downloaded some music to a flash drive , went out and plugged it into my 2019 F3 Limited made what I thought was the correct adjustments for the 'sound system' and nothing came out !! After a small investigation I read that flash drives are not compatible with the 2018 2019 models. Are you kidding me .. its bad enough some genius thought preset radio was a good idea (they must not travel very far from home) but then they design a system that doesn't work with this alternative !! anyway , would appreciate suggestions on how to make something work because every time I ride I go beyond the local stations and not always in the same direction and I sure as hell am not gonna stop and try find new stations.

Spyder Garage

Not much help on making the aftermarket sounds work, but even with the pre-set stations on my 2013 RT's radio, if I ryde out of their signal area I don't need to stop, I just hafta scroll to the radion channel display screen with my left thumb on the Mode button (your ECO button?) then press & hold the UP Button on the LH control & the radio will 'search' for the next available channel it can find, pre-set or not! So unless I'm ryding out beyond ANY radio signal range (& YES, here in Oz that DOES happen occasionally! ) I've always got a radio station to listen to!

Surely your 2019 F3's radio still has that 'search' function?!?
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RonandChris View Post
    I just downloaded some music to a flash drive , went out and plugged it into my 2019 F3 Limited made what I thought was the correct adjustments for the 'sound system' and nothing came out !! After a small investigation I read that flash drives are not compatible with the 2018 2019 models. Are you kidding me .. its bad enough some genius thought preset radio was a good idea (they must not travel very far from home) but then they design a system that doesn't work with this alternative !! anyway , would appreciate suggestions on how to make something work because every time I ride I go beyond the local stations and not always in the same direction and I sure as hell am not gonna stop and try find new stations.
    I cured that problem with a subscription to XM radio .... Lately I've seen their ads that offer a FREE receiver with a subscription .... I pay only $ 5.00 per for 6 mos. ( that's my riding season .... Mike

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    I cured that problem with a subscription to XM radio .... Lately I've seen their ads that offer a FREE receiver with a subscription .... I pay only $ 5.00 per for 6 mos. ( that's my riding season .... Mike
    Me too! Love it.
    2019 F3L , Covid Blue

Spyder Garage

Link a smartphone via bluetooth to your BRP Connect system and it will play the tunes stored on the phone. Its one of the few things BRP Connect system actually does ok.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

you can get xm on your phone plug in and play many channels

Spyder Garage

Those with Satellite radio--I would like to add to my 2020 F3-T. I know I will need a receiver, antenna, power. (and a mount but would like to keep in glove box on top of dash for easy removal). can I get power without hard-wiring? Like, USB or 'pin' connection in glove box? hoe/where do you put antenna and run necessary wiring? ...please add any comments you care to share.
    I am reasonably handy and would like a plug and play if possible and not have to visit Dealer! Thanks guys

Spyder Garage

Using the phone works great. I can get iHeartRadio or Sirius satellite radio along with my own tunes. Zero frustration.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by seagravesg View Post
    Those with Satellite radio--I would like to add to my 2020 F3-T. I know I will need a receiver, antenna, power. (and a mount but would like to keep in glove box on top of dash for easy removal). can I get power without hard-wiring? Like, USB or 'pin' connection in glove box? hoe/where do you put antenna and run necessary wiring? ...please add any comments you care to share.
    I am reasonably handy and would like a plug and play if possible and not have to visit Dealer! Thanks guys
    I installed an XM radio on my 20 RT. I mounted the antenna on the back opposite the RT antenna. I mounted the XM head unit on the left side of my dash using the mount it came with and 3M red tape. I doctored a USB cable to pull the 5v from the USB socket in glovebox and plugged the audio out into the AUX IN plug in the glovebox. all cables are routed thru steering head. You either route the 5v and audio under and back into the glovebox in case you want to re-use the RT connectors for something else or push the RT cables back thru the bottom to free up the box space.
    '20 Spyder RT: Bajaron swaybar. Vredestein tires, Pedal Commander, Elka front shocks, GPS/USB/12V handlebar mount, Heli-Bars, Radar Detector, KOTT grills & vents, Shad top case, chin & DRL LEDs.
    2020 RT base , Chalk White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RonandChris View Post
    I installed an XM receiver in the glove box of my 2018 RTL. I pulled 12V from the unused accessory fuse and connected the audio output to the AUX plug with a 3.5 mm male to male barrel connecter. I had to select the "high" audio out setting on the receiver to get sufficient volume. I initially mounted the stock antenna on the top of the trunk, but experienced intermittent loss of signal. I purchased the "high gain motorcycle antenna" from Satellite Superstore, and mounted it on the right handlebar, which completely eliminated the problem. I brought all of the cables into the glove box through a 3/8" hole drilled in the side of the glove box pan.
    The whole installation is completely weather proof, but requires opening the glove box at a stop to change channels.

Spyder Garage

Like others in this thread suggested, I am now streaming XM satellite radio via blue tooth. Service is free if you are already a XM subscriber. Question: can you change radio channels from Spyder control panel/switches? ie. switch among channel favorites set on phone or even scroll thru all channels?

Spyder Garage

flash drive works on a 2017 f3,after that year its seems to be all Bluetooth