Spyder Garage

Default My new 2014 Spyder ST-Ltd

I just picked up a used, but in mint condition 2014 Spyder ST-Ltd. It only has 6100 miles. I love the champagne color ( more like orange ). I took it out today for a 50 mile cruise up Rt.295 N. Everything performed just like it is suppose to. I sold my 2005 Honda Goldwing Trike last summer. I figured I was going to get out of motorcyling. I realized I needed another motor toy. Now I have it. I had a 2011 rt loaded for a year before the Honda. I put 5,000 miles on it and then I traded it in onthe 2005 Honda Trike with the Monarch II kit. Big difference between the wing and the spyder. The wind is smooth and quiet and the Spyder is loud and rough sounding. I do realize that the two banger will be like that, but I like it anyway. I need variety. LOL
    All I have to get now is the Battery Tender Junior that I have had with all my bikes. Live to Ride.

Spyder Garage

Smile

Nice color - it is called Cognac
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2014 ST-S Cognac
    2014 ST-S , OEM Yes Cognac

Spyder Garage

Welcome to the Cognac club. It's the fastest color, BTW
    Trb-- (Roger)

2014 Cognac STL:Ultimate Seat, Nelson Rigg Tail Pack, Nelson Rigg RS/ST Half Cover, TL fender lights, Squared Away Laser Alignment, BajaRon sway bar and links, Akropovic Sport Silencer
    2022 White Pearl F3T
    Gone but not forgotten: 2019 F3S Special Series Liquid Titanium

Spyder States Visited

Spyder Garage

on your new purchase.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Congrats - did you happen to buy this on FB Marketplace in upstate NY? I saw one like yours that recently sold in the Rochester area.

I have a '16 Wing and an STS with the twin. Yes - big difference between how they cruise, and where all of the power is. Over time, I suspect you will get more used to it, but it will never be as quiet as the Honda flat-six or the 1330 triple found in all 2016+ Spyders. Twins seem to like certain rpms over others. When cruising at 55 mph/4000 rpm, my twin lets out the sporty, yet pleasant, subdued purrrr that makes many in the motorcycle world love a V-twin. Mine also seems to like 70 mph/5000 rpm.

As for power delivery - it is the opposite of your GW - as I am sure you have noticed. The clutch on a GW is almost like a switch...just let it out and the bike goes, even in 2nd gear...thanks to a boatload of low end torque. The Spyder V-twin is borderline lethargic below 4000 rpm. It loves to rev. It really wakes up between 6-8000 rpm.

I have put 5000 miles on my STS since last May when I bought it. Feel free to PM with any questions.
    Current Rides:
    2015 Spyder ST-S SM5
    2016 Honda Gold Wing ABS/Navi
    2022 Royal Enfield Classic 350
    2021 Royal Enfield Himalayan

Spyder Garage

Love me some Cognac...

Spyder Garage

i love that color.

Spyder Garage

I have a 2015 ST-S. Are those OEM saddle bags on it? I cannot find a a pair. to put on mine.