Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Highway riding

Spyder Garage

Slick51, thanks for the advice.

Spyder Garage

Aside from all of the tech/mechanical stuff mentioned, ride your own ride. If you get all of those suggestions done and you're still being left behind, then what? Are you going to try to keep up with your fellow riders even though you're not comfortable doing so or get rid of the spyder? By all means, do what you want to the spyder. IMHO, 1st priority is safety. 2nd is fun and it sounds like you're currently wagering both to keep up with your crew.
    Once you get everything completed, please provide an update. Until then, safe travels.

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SPYDERJERRY1 View Post
    Hi and thanks for your offer of help. I checked and I still have warranty until September if its transferable. I'm going to take it to a dealer about an hour from me.
    Check to see if the dealer uses the Rolo/Outlaw laser alignment system. If not, don't bother going there. The BRP service manual method just doesn't cut it. Check the link in post #9.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Hey JSRT...Join the Mahoning Valley Spyder Ryders Club and go on some rides with us. Western Pa and Eastern Ohio.

Spyder Garage

Just got my new Sea to Sky 2weeks ago, still going on 150 mile learning curve. just love it . Next summer would like to do the Sea To Sky Highway to Whistler.

Spyder Garage

I was somewhat scared of my 2014 early days. I took a Motorcycle Safety Foundation course. They teach a lot of great safety info but they corrected my riding through curves. Look ahead, not down. That was the best info I got. It made the ride for me, feel safe and I learned. Now I can go through 90 degree turns at 90. OKOKOK. I play it safe and still know the Spyder is actually in charge of the ride.

Spyder Garage

Look down the road and not at the road...................

The Spyder will go where you are looking.........
    2019 F3-S , Black & Silver

Spyder Garage

Crossbowme thanks for the advice. I'm relaxing more,Things are gradually getting better.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JohnRuckus View Post
    Aside from all of the tech/mechanical stuff mentioned, ride your own ride. If you get all of those suggestions done and you're still being left behind, then what? Are you going to try to keep up with your fellow riders even though you're not comfortable doing so or get rid of the spyder? By all means, do what you want to the spyder. IMHO, 1st priority is safety. 2nd is fun and it sounds like you're currently wagering both to keep up with your crew.
    Once you get everything completed, please provide an update. Until then, safe travels.
    Things are improving. The weather is getting warmer and I've been riding more. I live near Dayton, OH and we rode from home to Indianapolis, IN. this past weekend. It was approximately 1 1/2 hours each way. I was more relaxed.

Spyder Garage

Pegasus 1300 thanks.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ricford View Post
    I was somewhat scared of my 2014 early days. I took a Motorcycle Safety Foundation course. They teach a lot of great safety info but they corrected my riding through curves. Look ahead, not down. That was the best info I got. It made the ride for me, feel safe and I learned. Now I can go through 90 degree turns at 90. OKOKOK. I play it safe and still know the Spyder is actually in charge of the ride.
    things are getting better in Spyder land.

Spyder Garage

JAYBROS, I agree.

Spyder Garage

Rednaxs60, thanks I agree.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bangorbob View Post
    The one thing I haven't read is the road conditions. A lot of roads are slightly crowned. A lot of highways have groves you can't see very well. On some highways my RV wanders mostly due to the condition of the road.
    Yep I've learned it's far more noticeable on 3 wheels.

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Gwolf View Post
    Look down the road and not at the road...................

The Spyder will go where you are looking.........
    I started riding seriously in 2006 when I got my Goldwing. Even yet I have to often fight the urge to watch the road close in. What I've done when I catch myself looking close in is pretend there is a rabbit running down the middle of the lane about 300 or more feet ahead of me. I keep my eyes on him and thus see the whole scene up ahead. It can be a challenge keeping that rabbit in view while going around curves!

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post
    I started riding seriously in 2006 when I got my Goldwing. Even yet I have to often fight the urge to watch the road close in. What I've done when I catch myself looking close in is pretend there is a rabbit running down the middle of the lane about 300 or more feet ahead of me. I keep my eyes on him and thus see the whole scene up ahead. It can be a challenge keeping that rabbit in view while going around curves!
    I keep running over the damn rabbits! Need faster rabbits!!!
    '20 Spyder RT: Bajaron swaybar. Vredestein tires, Pedal Commander, Elka front shocks, GPS/USB/12V handlebar mount, Heli-Bars, Radar Detector, KOTT grills & vents, Shad top case, chin & DRL LEDs.
    2020 RT base , Chalk White