Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default 7jurock on F3S - anyone have a 27inch w/screen?

I just have a quick question...I know 7Jurock has some great products as far as the windscreens...Does anyone have the 27inch windscreen..I know you have to measure but i just wanted to see if anyone has a picture with it on their bike...

Spyder Garage

I recently installed the 7Jurock 27" windscreen on my F3. It's better than the BRP Blue Ridge I had before but, I would like it to be a couple inches taller. The extra width is nice though. I'm 5'8" and find that the wind hits the very top of my Helmet at 50+ MPH and gets pretty loud at 70. I'm going to make some spacers out of black delrin plastic to try to increase the angle a little. I'll report back to let you know how that works out. One thing to be aware of, as they mention on the web site, you need the hardware from the Blue Ridge or the Route 129 windscreen. They don't provide mounting hardware.

Reargards,

Greg

PS
    I'll try to take a picture tonight and post it later.

Spyder Garage

Default thanks..

Quote Originally Posted by quacker View Post
    I recently installed the 7Jurock 27" windscreen on my F3. It's better than the BRP Blue Ridge I had before but, I would like it to be a couple inches taller. The extra width is nice though. I'm 5'8" and find that the wind hits the very top of my Helmet at 50+ MPH and gets pretty loud at 70. I'm going to make some spacers out of black delrin plastic to try to increase the angle a little. I'll report back to let you know how that works out. One thing to be aware of, as they mention on the web site, you need the hardware from the Blue Ridge or the Route 129 windscreen. They don't provide mounting hardware.

Reargards,

Greg

PS

Thank you for the quick response you are awsome.... I've heard a lot of good things about it and I'm 5'10 so I know it may hit me the same way...the spacers is a great idea and i will definitely take that into consideration. I just want to see what that size windscreen would look like on the F3

Spyder Garage

I have the exact same windshield as well. Does not look as bad as one would think due to the shape. I will post a picture sometime in the next 24 hours. It is very effective. Way better than the BRP Blue Ridge. You can also easily add a windshield extender to get even more wind blockage. I'll take a picture of that as well.

Edit: Hopefully you already have the mounting hardware otherwise you might be better off going a different route in terms of cost.

Like Quacker said, you need the mounting hardware that can't be purchased separately from the BRP windshield (which sucks).

Spyder Garage

Yes I have the blue ridge windshield from BRP...and actually still have it on as of right now...

Spyder Garage

20210402_140318 by [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/182341401@N05/]
    20210402_140328 by [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/182341401@N05/]
    20210402_140341 by [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/182341401@N05/]

Spyder Garage

MCTV
    Kills 2 birds!

MCTV.jpg
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BajaRon View Post
    MCTV
    Kills 2 birds!

MCTV.jpg
    loL , hopefully nobody changes the channel as you head into a corner .
    2019 F3 S
    2019 f3-s , Blue

Spyder Garage

You just convinced me with the pictures that looks great on the bike...that was all i needed to see thank you for all your help...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by kennygee View Post
    ...the spacers is a great idea and i will definitely take that into consideration....
    UPDATE;

So... I tried making some 1" thick spacers from Black Delrin. I think the turbulence on my helmet actually got worse, definitely not any better. That seems to indicate to me that the angle is already at the best position for the height of the windscreen and the only way to improve the turbulence or buffeting on the head is with an extender as AZCanAM said, or a larger winscreen.

Best Regurds,

Greg

PS
    You being taller than me might help to get the top of your head above the "Turbulent Zone". The top of my head feels like it's getting pounded and if I sit up a little taller, it sometimes gets a little quieter.

Spyder Garage

Default Here it is with a cheap chineese extension

I'm going to make my own extension soon, but this help with helmet noise for now.
    20210404_141536.jpg

Spyder Garage

Quacker,
    Your F3 basic could be a twin to mine, same windshield and floorboards! Just added a Baja Ron sway bar, great improvement on handling.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Don60 View Post
    Quacker,
    Your F3 basic could be a twin to mine, same windshield and floorboards! Just added a Baja Ron sway bar, great improvement on handling.
    I bought it for my wife just over a month ago. We LOVE those Ultimate Floorboards!! Best mod I've made so far. My wife can now climb on and off easily and I love being able to move my feet around or even stand up momentarily while riding. The windshield has been a bit of a learning experience. We tried the Blue Ridge, the Rout 129 and did not like either one. This is the best so far. Hope I can make it even better with a custom made extension.

Spyder Garage

I also love the floorboards for the same reasons you stated! I had the Blue Ridge also, but here in Western New Mexico, I do a lot of highway riding and needed more shield, so the 27 inch from 7Jurock fit the mounts and blocks the wind very well, I am about 5’ 7”. Have added LED lighting for visibility and the sway bar for stability. Hope you both enjoy the ride, I Love mine, out riding as often as possible!

Spyder Garage

I also love the floorboards for the same reasons you stated! I had the Blue Ridge also, but here in Western New Mexico, I do a lot of highway riding and needed more shield, so the 27 inch from 7Jurock fit the mounts and blocks the wind very well, I am about 5’ 7”. Have added LED lighting for visibility and the sway bar for stability. Hope you both enjoy the ride, I Love mine, out riding as often as possible!
    Alright. Not to rob the thread, sounds like this sway bar is awesome, is this something you can easily install yourself? I will do some research...

Spyder Garage

AZCanam,
    If you use some ATV ramps to get the front up, found this was the easiest and most stable, placed them on my pickup tailgate, strapped then down and drove bike up the ramps until the front end was up about 25-30 inches off the ground. Once you get front end up, you can get to all the bolts and plastic shields easily. Baja Ron sells a great product will great instructions. Took about two hours to complete, a definite improvement in handling. Good luck.

Spyder Garage

Thank you. I ordered the sway bar off LaMonster and plan on buying a Harbor Freight motorcycle lift for $109. I figure it would be nice for oil changes as well.

Spyder Garage

Sounds good! I would use jack stands or some other way to stabilize the bike! The jack lifts from center and bike can still be wobbly! Be safe, you’ll notice the difference in the handling of the bike. PS, I used the super glue method Ron suggests to hold the spacers onto the links! Just make sure you have them lined up, glue sticks instantly! Happy riding!

Spyder Garage

Hey AZCanAm! I can't seem to find those exact model floorboards you have on your bike. I'm looking on the Can Am spyder accessories website. Lot's of options, but can't seem to find those. Happen to have a part# ??
    Last edited by Spyderman2018; 04-06-2021 at 10:08 AM. Reason: forgot word

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Spyderman2018 View Post
    Hey AZCanAm! I can't seem to find those exact model floorboards you have on your bike. I'm looking on the Can Am spyder accessories website. Lot's of options, but can't seem to find those. Happen to have a part# ??
    I wish I could help you. I bought mine used. The floor boards came with the bike already installed.

Spyder Garage

Sounds good! I would use jack stands or some other way to stabilize the bike! The jack lifts from center and bike can still be wobbly! Be safe, you’ll notice the difference in the handling of the bike. PS, I used the super glue method Ron suggests to hold the spacers onto the links! Just make sure you have them lined up, glue sticks instantly! Happy riding!
    Thanks so much.

Spyder Garage

Reargards,

Greg

PS
    With the 27 inch windshield, I'm assuming you are looking through it as opposed to over it while riding?
    2018 F3-S SM6
    2017 Kawasaki Ninja 1000
    2013 Yamaha FJR

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Ndv21 View Post
    With the 27 inch windshield, I'm assuming you are looking through it as opposed to over it while riding?
    Nope! It would need to be a few inches taller to look through it. Hence, the extension. The cheap one works OK, but not great. That's why I have a piece of 3/16 thick clear acrylic coming soon to make a custom extension from that will hopefully work out quite well. Stay Tuned!!

Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

Nope! It would need to be a few inches taller to look through it. Hence, the extension. The cheap one works OK, but not great. That's why I have a piece of 3/16 thick clear acrylic coming soon to make a custom extension from that will hopefully work out quite well. Stay Tuned!!
    Excellent! I guess I'll be getting the 27 inch shield then! I'm 5'11 so probably will need some sort of additional extension like you're referring to. Thanks!
    2018 F3-S SM6
    2017 Kawasaki Ninja 1000
    2013 Yamaha FJR