Spyder Garage

Thumbs down "Full Size Brake Pedal"

When I test drove my new F-3 S SS, it had the "Full Size Brake Pedal" already installed. Only $32 but a waste of money. This pedal blocked 2/3 of the foot peg giving very little room for my foot and very few positions. I replace the POS.4 rod with the POS.5 to give me maximum forward control and pegs.

The dealer forgot to give me the stock rod and the standard brake pedal which I did not realize I should have been given. For a couple of week I been riding with the "Full Size Brake Pedal." White's Cycle & Marine was nice enough to mail me the forgotten items at their expense. This saved me a 160 mile round trip to Chattanooga.

Much more comfortable ride now that I have use of 2/3 of the right peg for my foot and only 1/3 of peg blocked by standard brake pedal.

Just a bit of recommendation for anyone considering buying the "Full Size Brake Pedal." Other F-3 S riders might not have this problem.
    Coastie

Spider F3-S SS 2021
    H-D Tri Glide 2012
    2021 F3-S SS , Black, gray, & orange

Spyder Garage

I also found the large aftermarket pedal too intrusive but still preferred it over the small OEM. I took mine off and underneath was a large welded block with the two bolt holes and by sawing off a portion of the weld the pedal fit perfectly turned around with plenty of space between it and the motor. That gave me more room on the right side for my foot. I'm tossing this out for others who might want to try this remedy.
    Two Wheelers from 1963-2011

Three Wheelers:
    2011 RT(Red)
    2014 RT(white)
    2016 F3T(red)
    2022 RT current ride(silver)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I installed the larger brake pedal and after 800 miles or so I took it off and went back to OEM. It took up too much room and gave me an uncomfortable feeling.

Spyder Garage

Couldn’t agree more, Coastie

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I think I've still got a NIB large brake pedal I bought for my 2018 RTL last year. I decided I preferred the stock pedal so I could get my foot all the way on the floorboard.

Girard OH (summer) Greenville SC (winter)
    Spyder Garage

There is lots of "play" in the brake pedal before the light comes on so one can have one's foot on the brake without activating the cruise kill or light.. I find it hard to lift my leg to apply with the tiny OEM at it's default height. I put on the extended but found it too sensitive. I adjusted the level by drilling out the yoke and fine tuned it with washers under the pad. One can get a "fake" elongated pedal by just using one bolt under it moved out to the outer hole. Gives and extra inch or so (yer not quite pigeon toed) to apply but it's not too attractive.

brake-rod.jpg
    to see my 2016 F3-T and many how to's
    2016 F3-T SE6 Roadster , Extended brake pedal for which I drilled out the brake rod yolk to lower it and added spacers to lift it slightly Black/Grey