Spyder Garage

Default How do you Remove the Rear Seat on a 2020 Spyder RTL?

How do you remove the rear seat on the 2020 Spyder RTL? The manual says to unlatch the two (2) latches, but I can't figure out if they pull out, push in, go the side, etc. (I've tried all of these). The manual is so vague at times that it's useless. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

Spyder Garage

Push the tabs. One on each side. And I agree it is not clear.

Spyder Garage

Look under the seat with a flashlight to see the tabs. Push them in just a fraction of an inch and lift the front of the rear seat. It should come right up. If you have a backrest, that needs to be removed first.
    2020 Chalk, RT Limited, Dark and matching RT622 trailer and BRP hitch. BRP Drivers Backrest, Auxiliary Light, Garmin Zumo XT, GPS Support, RT Rear Panel and Travel Cover. Spyderpops LEDs on fenders, mirrors, saddlebags, top case and RT rear panel. Spyderpops Rock Guard. BajaRon Swaybar, Wolo Bad Boy horn, Freedom Windshield, Elka Shocks.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

Spyder Garage

Got it! Thank you! The wife thanks you - the armrests are installed now.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Even easier, just grab the two front corners and give it a tug. Pops right off. The dealer tech showed me that. I asked him about pushing the tabs he said nope, just give it a tug. I have removed mine at least 15 times this way.
    2021 Sea to Sky RT , Highland green

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Joel The Biker View Post
    Even easier, just grab the two front corners and give it a tug. Pops right off. The dealer tech showed me that. I asked him about pushing the tabs he said nope, just give it a tug. I have removed mine at least 15 times this way.
    I had the dealer replace mine just for that reason, they had removed it that way and it wouldn't lock back. I don't think it would have came off but like I told them, that's not the way it's supposed to be done.

Then again, it's your bike do what you want and enjoy it.
    2020 RT Limited Chrome , Petrol Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by K80Shooter View Post
    I had the dealer replace mine just for that reason, they had removed it that way and it wouldn't lock back. I don't think it would have came off but like I told them, that's not the way it's supposed to be done.

Then again, it's your bike do what you want and enjoy it.
    I tried the same thing on mine. They refused stating it's normal to be able to just pull it up. They even showed me on a new bike. I told them, if it's meant to just pull up, why are there locking tabs. They didn't have an answer and again refused to do anything about it. I have a backrest so I KNOW it won't come off on it's own but it should still be replaced under warranty.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Joel The Biker View Post
    Please ID that 'dealer'! I want to be sure if I'm ever in the area that I bypass a ham-handed troglodyte shop.
    '20 Spyder RT: Bajaron swaybar. Vredestein tires, Pedal Commander, Elka front shocks, GPS/USB/12V handlebar mount, Heli-Bars, Radar Detector, KOTT grills & vents, Shad top case, chin & DRL LEDs.
    2020 RT base , Chalk White

Spyder Garage

Early on, my tabs were broken. They'll break if not installed properly.
    2020 Chalk, RT Limited, Dark and matching RT622 trailer and BRP hitch. BRP Drivers Backrest, Auxiliary Light, Garmin Zumo XT, GPS Support, RT Rear Panel and Travel Cover. Spyderpops LEDs on fenders, mirrors, saddlebags, top case and RT rear panel. Spyderpops Rock Guard. BajaRon Swaybar, Wolo Bad Boy horn, Freedom Windshield, Elka Shocks.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by triggerpull View Post
    Got it! Thank you! The wife thanks you - the armrests are installed now.
    It helps if you push down on the front of the rear seat while pushing on the tabs one at a time.