Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Don't really expect an answer, but WHY all the BuRP ads?

Why does BuRP flood the internet and TV with adds for Spyders when they can't supply existing demand? Three dealers in SW Florida have no 2021 models in stock and don't know when or if they'll get some. I bought the only 2021 RTL I could find within 150 miles of Ft. Myers Beach. Which leads to my second question:

Why does my 2021 RTL have THREE different buttons to control radio volume? Seems like one or two would be sufficient.

P.S. My avatar shows the 2019 I traded for the 2021 noted above.

Spyder Garage

. No answer here.
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Very Active Member CopperSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Supply and demand. The dealers can get you anything you want if you want to wait while it gets ship to them. Sometime you just have to go more than 150 miles to get what you want. Some people have even taken a trip to another state enjoyed the trip and picked up the bike they wanted while they were there. Where there is a will there is a way. I have not seen the TV ads here, maybe that's why we still have a supply of 2021 in this area. Looks like you traded in a nice Spyder, someone will get a deal.
    My Spyder
    2012 RTL , Brown

Spyder Garage

Try iMotorsports. They deliver and take trades.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by WDAVEY View Post
    Why does my 2021 RTL have THREE different buttons to control radio volume? Seems like one or two would be sufficient.
    I've asked the same question. The single volume control on the 4 way hat like on the previous gen worked just fine. I would rather BuRP left the windscreen control on the right bar controls (where the second volume control is) and they could have done away with the redundant audio controls (where the THIRD volume control is) on the "tank" altogether. One of the problems with all the stuff on the "tank" is that you have to take your eyes off the road to see them. Controls on the handlebars are intuitive and can be reached and manipulated easily.

I usually pipe the tunes directly from my phone to the helmet. When I need to raise/lower the windscreen (say a pop up rain storm), I want to just move my thumb over and do it, not look down to find the switch. Not only have I taken my eyes off the road but I've taken my hand off the controls, aswell. Stupid move by BuRP.

Spyder Garage

I have yet to use the tank controls. Would like to know BRP's reasoning for adding that entire tank cluster. It sure does collect dust & pollen in those little crevices. I bet the next generation will have a different controls configuration altogether.
    GLIDE-ON>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"Blue Belle" 2021 RTL Chrome in Petrol Blue
    2021 RTL Chrome , Petrol Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Golly Gee Whiz, I've wondered the same thing about the volume control, how many does one motorcycle need? I'm saying too much distraction with gadgets and displays, but it is whet it is, so we hopefully adapt.

Spyder Garage

I have never seen ONE advertisement on Television for a Can-Am Spyder.

The left hand grip has so much CRAP on or near it that only 1/2 of my Large hand will fit on it.

Sam
    2021 Spyder RT ES6 PETROL metallic. Carthage, Missouri 64836

Spyder Garage

Last summer, we were told that they couldn't get the ATVs because Canada had closed the factory for COVID. Spyders they had. Still the motorcycle dealers have almost empty floors because Japan stopped production (and shipping became an issue). Marketing has a budget that they are going to spend, however. Anyone that's worked for a large corporation knows that there is a big disconnect between marketing and production. Our Kodak, TN dealership seemed to have a good supply on the floor and list many more in the warehouse. Very few bikes, though. HD is even putting used models in the showrooms.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Oh yes, I've been to the Kodak dealer several times, a very nice display. I have a very good friend that lives in Kodak, i visit with him for a week most every year, except last, we have a blast carving some of those fine mtn roads.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketman 2012 View Post
    I have never seen ONE advertisement on Television for a Can-Am Spyder.

The left hand grip has so much CRAP on or near it that only 1/2 of my Large hand will fit on it.

Sam
    The only BRP advertisement I've seen has been on the Ryker. You get a quick glimse of an F3 in the ad with a whole lot of Ryker

2017 F3 Limited in Intense Red Pearl

2008 Triumph Rocket (SOLD)

2002 Honda VTX 1800 C ( SOLD)

2014 Triumph Thunderbird Commander

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Ex-Rocket View Post
    The only BRP advertisement I've seen has been on the Ryker. You get a quick glimse of an F3 in the ad with a whole lot of Ryker
    Us too, on the Ryker ads. And they are going for a whole different demographic than we are accustomed to. It does seem to be working though. Linda does a lot of Facebook and Girls on Spyders. The new Rykers are popping up all over the place.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketman 2012 View Post

Sam
    Have you seen the hand controls on a 2018+ Gold Wing???

Spyder Garage

In CA, I have seen a ton of BRP tv commercials, usually Rykers. Strange thing though, I have yet to see a single Ryker on the road. Side note...BRP has posted on FB that they are in job search for assemblers and techs. Pay is kinda low, otherwise I might have applied.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pidjones View Post
    Last summer, we were told that they couldn't get the ATVs because Canada had closed the factory for COVID. Spyders they had. Still the motorcycle dealers have almost empty floors because Japan stopped production (and shipping became an issue). Marketing has a budget that they are going to spend, however. Anyone that's worked for a large corporation knows that there is a big disconnect between marketing and production. Our Kodak, TN dealership seemed to have a good supply on the floor and list many more in the warehouse. Very few bikes, though. HD is even putting used models in the showrooms.
    BRP does not make ATVs in Canada. Most come out of Mexico.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

They may not be thinking about what's for sale at the moment, it's probably more about a long term strategy to build the brand and ridership. If they run short this year, they will make even more next year. The more successful they are, the larger the community of riders and the greater the resources available to us and the probability of longevity for the brand.

They may also have made advertising commitments to dealers, and high demand will bring in more dealers and more competition to benefit us over the long term. The more Spyders being sold will also require more maintenance hours for the dealership mechanics and that experience can only benefit everybody involved.
    2020 RT Limited in the ultra cool Deep Marsala Dark edition.

Baja Ron Anti-Sway Bar, LED reflectors, Lamonster USB Charger (and phone mount), Can-Am Low Windshield, X-Creen Tour Variable Windscreen Spoiler Blade, Power Commander, Dilithium powered Flux Capacitor (not yet fully functional).
    Maintained by Lou at Pirate Powersports.

Spyder Garage

What’s with the BuRP thing?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lew L View Post

. No answer here.
    Is this some sort of vision test or Easter egg hunt?
    Eckhard

Spyder RT Ltd, 2011
    2011 RT Ltd. , Pearl White

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PMK View Post
    What’s with the BuRP thing?
    I stole "BuRP" from someone else here who probably stole it from yet another member. I use it because I think BRP as a whole sort of sux. I like the Spyder (mostly) so that's what I buy. Doesn't mean I think the company is worth much. A "burp" isn't a pleasant thing and that equates to my thoughts on BRP. (Well, personally, I think a burp is a great thing. Better out than in and all that.)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MONK View Post
    I stole "BuRP" from someone else here who probably stole it from yet another member. I use it because I think BRP as a whole sort of sux. I like the Spyder (mostly) so that's what I buy. Doesn't mean I think the company is worth much. A "burp" isn't a pleasant thing and that equates to my thoughts on BRP. (Well, personally, I think a burp is a great thing. Better out than in and all that.)
    Well then, if BuRP is your derogatory slam against BRP, then if there is a complimentary one, it should be the moto word typically meaning approval, BRaP!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Eckhard View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lew L View Post

. No answer here.
    Is this some sort of vision test or Easter egg hunt?
    Fixed it here for you Eckhard.

Occasionally, some posters just forget that not all readers use the same devices, have the same default display colors/capabilities, or might have a different perception of color/color differentiation to their own; and then there's those who may have a real 'color blindness' issues too!! Because of this, big blocks of Red, Yellow, or Blue text seem to be the most problematic.

If we can, we (the mods) will try to remedy any 'display' or 'reading' issues you may find in others posts (due to those mentioned or any other issues you may have) if you bring them to our attention (PM being the preferred option, but we can still work with posts like yours! ) but sometimes (& particularly with display issues of pics or imported images that aren't 'attachments' or 'thumbnails') there's not much we can do! . Glad I could help this time tho!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-03-2021 at 11:22 PM.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Very Active Member CloverHillCrawler's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Didn't realize there was a shortage on the bikes , I got a new 2020 over a 2021 just under a month ago for a discount on the 2020 F3, I just wanted a base F3 to build off of. And he had plenty of 2021's on the lot.

What seems to be a shortage of is the 2up seat and the foot pegs for the F3. I ordered the driver backrest, passenger seat, and removable passenger backrest (sissy bar).

I received both of the backrests but the foot pegs and passenger seat are still on backorder and when I called the other day the parts guy there said he has 17 people currently waiting on them and they keep pushing the delivery date back, currently it is April 21st.

2020 F3 SE6

Safety and Lighting: LED Headlight upgrade, IPS LED Fog lights, Show Chrome LED Fender Signals, LED Signature Light, Tric LED Afterburnerz, MotoHorn 2.0

Suspension: Wilbers Front and Rear Shocks, BajaRon Sway Bar, Vredestein Quatrac Front and Rear Tires

Comfort: Blue Ridge Windshield, Corbin Dual Touring Saddle, Ultimate Floorboards, OEM Passenger Backrest with Rear Shelf, OEM Passenger Floorboards Modified with High Risers from Pierre

Tackform Center Mount Phone Holder w/ rapid charging USB-C.
    2020 F3 , Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by WDAVEY View Post
    Why does BuRP flood the internet and TV with adds for Spyders when they can't supply existing demand? Three dealers in SW Florida have no 2021 models in stock and don't know when or if they'll get some. I bought the only 2021 RTL I could find within 150 miles of Ft. Myers Beach. Which leads to my second question:

P.S. My avatar shows the 2019 I traded for the 2021 noted above.
    Are you surprised you received answers?
    It's marketing strategy trying to create an interest/demand. I see ads for things I can't get all the time. Recently, while watching March Madness there were ads for Marcos Pizza, Zaxbys and Jimmy John's amazing they're all restaurants, none in my area.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PMK View Post
    Well then, if BuRP is your derogatory slam against BRP, then if there is a complimentary one, it should be the moto word typically meaning approval, BRaP!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by LongIsland View Post
    Are you surprised you received answers?
    It's marketing strategy trying to create an interest/demand. I see ads for things I can't get all the time. Recently, while watching March Madness there were ads for Marcos Pizza, Zaxbys and Jimmy John's amazing they're all restaurants, none in my area.
    Did not see the commercials since I do not watch Basketball. Here we do have all those restaurants nearby. Never ate food from Marcos, gave a look and wrote it off as a Dominos clone. Zaxbys is ok, but unfortunately has low end help and the place is always kind of dirty. Jimmy Johns does a good job, clean and decent food, not bad, kind of an upscale more expensive Subway.

In short, your life will likely be just fine without eating from those places.