Spyder Garage

Default Any advice for amp and speaker upgrades on my 2020 RT Ltd?

I'd like some advice for amp and speaker upgrades for my 2020 Spyder RT Limited.

Spyder Garage

May I ask why? The stock speakers on my 21 blow me out of the saddle even at 60mph. Can't imagine anything louder.
    GLIDE-ON>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"Blue Belle" 2021 RTL Chrome in Petrol Blue
    2021 RTL Chrome , Petrol Blue

Very Active Member Fatcycledaddy's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Valkrocket View Post
    May I ask why? The stock speakers on my 21 blow me out of the saddle even at 60mph. Can't imagine anything louder.
    I was thinking the same thing. I turn mine up about half way and the guy riding behind me on a vmax sings along.
    Sounds like some settings are off, also ,ake sure your phone it is linked to has the "media Volume" turned up all the way. It might give you a warning that loud volume can damage your ears, but that is for headphones. Agree to it and turn it up to max.
    2020 RT Limited , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Valkrocket View Post
    My speakers don't seem to have much bass response even though bass is turned up about 3/4. Also the clarity isn't very good at higher volume needed for highway speeds.

Spyder Garage

I just got a 2019 RTL this weekend. I was just using the FM radio and found that the speakers were not as clear (and pleasant sounding) as they were on the Sea to Sky that I test drove. It got loud, but still sounded like mediocre speakers.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyuberalles View Post
    I just got a 2019 RTL this weekend. I was just using the FM radio and found that the speakers were not as clear (and pleasant sounding) as they were on the Sea to Sky that I test drove. It got loud, but still sounded like mediocre speakers.
    I have not heard that the speakers are different .... a VERY common problem with BRP products is the OVER-USE of Lok-tite .... Use a 7mm socket and re-move antennae and clean the threads in-side and outside. also check the Ground wire connection ( to frame also ) ..... good luck .... Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SPYDERJERRY1 View Post
    My speakers don't seem to have much bass response even though bass is turned up about 3/4. Also the clarity isn't very good at higher volume needed for highway speeds.
    " BASE " is relative to the Size of the CONE ( ie. speaker ) ..... anything less than 8 inches will produce little BASE sound ..... jmho .... Mike

Very Active Member Fatcycledaddy's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I have a 2015 RTL and a 2020 RTL, the 4 speakers on the 2015 sound horrible compared to the 6 speaker system on the 2020. 2015 "0" base, turn it up and it just made the sound mush mouth sounding. 2020 turn up the base and it is still clear and adds a little thump to it. As Mike said, you are not going to get a huge amount of thump with too small of a speaker, but the 2020 does pretty good. Adjust the fade a little to the rear and it sounds great.
    2020 RT Limited , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Fatcycledaddy View Post
    I have a 2015 RTL and a 2020 RTL, the 4 speakers on the 2015 sound horrible compared to the 6 speaker system on the 2020. 2015 "0" base, turn it up and it just made the sound mush mouth sounding. 2020 turn up the base and it is still clear and adds a little thump to it. As Mike said, you are not going to get a huge amount of thump with too small of a speaker, but the 2020 does pretty good. Adjust the fade a little to the rear and it sounds great.
    " F C D " , I had the same issue with my 24 RT.... I swapped them With JBL's ( and increased rear to 5.25 ) .... sounds incredible now even at 80 mph I still don't use at 100 % volume...... Mike

Spyder Garage

I totally agree. The speakers seem to be low quality. There are much better speakers available for most motorcycles.