Spyder Garage

Default Beard deformed - Need Helmet Help/Advice?!

So i have not ridden since i grew out my beard. Need some advise on how to have it look semi decent after the helmet comes off. Wore a Balaclava around the house today and it sort of kept the shape, just pushed it back. It is sirt of snug though becausei have a huge head and This doesn't take into account 80mph wind though

i searched a little didn't find what i was looking for. Or i didn't search right words.

Spyder Garage

Helmet head from riding? Just own it.
    If that isn't feasible, maybe buy or get one of the cloth masks with adjustable strings and mask the beard while riding. That may keep the wild hairs in place.
    Try googling Beard Mask
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2018 Can Am Spyder RT Limited, 2013 Triumph Bonneville T100
    Motorcycle Rights: AMA Charter Life Member, MRF, FORR Life Member Local 11 Southwest Missouri, Mid-South MILE organizing committee member
    2018 RT Limited , Got one, on, then off then on until Gloria decides if she likes it or not. blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I had a beard down to my belly a year or so ago. Between the wind and the helmet, it would either obscure my vision (even with multiple hair ties) or get so tangled up, no amount of conditioner would untangle it. I ended up shaving most of it off. Now, I have just a goatee. It's only about 3" long although I'll let it grow out a little. If you wear a full face or modular helmet, there's nothing you can do to keep from getting helmet beard. I have the same problem when I'm wearing a mask.

(FWIW, I keep what little hair I have left on top of my melon cut CLOSE, like about 1/8". Never get helmet head.

Like ozarkryder said, just own it. Consider it a mark of a good ride.

Spyder Garage

Thanks guys. Just wondering if there was a trick i am missing. I don't have hair on top my head so the beard is all i got. Guess i will just keep some beard oil on me for a touch up before i go in restaurants and such

Spyder Garage

7BD030D5-944B-4565-9E58-7A466274E427.jpg been advised to keep a pocket comb or brush on hand
    (for getting the bugs out) Still work in progress tends to get wild & woolly rather than manageable & reasonable most annoying when caught in helmet buckle

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bfromla View Post
    7BD030D5-944B-4565-9E58-7A466274E427.jpgmost annoying when caught in helmet buckle
    No kidding, bro. The fact is that beards and helmets just don't mix. You kind of have (3) choices: lose the beard, lose the helmet or deal with the pain or inconvenience. I chose to lose the beard since I have no intention of losing either the helmet nor the bike. One of the reasons why I shaved (with the clippers...it's not actually shaved) the sides of my face was because the helmet would pull the side beard. I got tired of spending 10 minutes before every ride trying to reach inside my helmet to smooth out the cheek hair.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

How long is your beard? Mine is not over an inch long, and I shave below the jaw line, so it does not get caught in the strap or buckle.

A comb or brush is usually in the trunk or tank bag (on my 2-wheelers), but a quick swipe with my hand usually gets most of the tamed enough to be presentable.

HER ride:
    2017 RT-S SE6 Pearl White

My rides:
    2000 Honda GL1500SE
    1980 Suzuki GS850G

Spyder Garage

It's not that long, just long enough for the wind to move it around. Not a big bug catcher though. Definitely need to lose a few lbs before I chop it off. Hides my spare chins

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MONK View Post
    No kidding, bro. The fact is that beards and helmets just don't mix. You kind of have (3) choices: lose the beard, lose the helmet or deal with the pain or inconvenience. I chose to lose the beard since I have no intention of losing either the helmet nor the bike. One of the reasons why I shaved (with the clippers...it's not actually shaved) the sides of my face was because the helmet would pull the side beard. I got tired of spending 10 minutes before every ride trying to reach inside my helmet to smooth out the cheek hair.
    low maintenance :ohyea descent trimmed doubt gonna loose, no work dress code requirements & had baby faced too many years otherwise could have at better length. Anyway work in progress or lil while longer.

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights