Spyder Garage

Default Blank Switch hole/USB Adapter - Finally found it!

I have 2020 RT and I am interested in adding additional USB ports. I want to use the blank rocker switch (3rd one from left) to mount the USB. However, the cut out is too large for the industry standard snap in USBs. The cutout is sized for an L series Carling Switch. I was unable to find any adapter on line that would reduce the 1.75 inch dimension down to the 1.45 that I needed for a good fit. I finally sent an E mail to Carling Technical Department and Tina from Carling responded with exactly what I needed. She even attached a drawing showing the Carling part number for the adapter. She also said that most Carling dealers do not know this part even exists. I am now trying to find a dealer that will order the part for me. Its probably less than 5 dollars so not sure how much interest i am going to get. The part number is a CVA-01 If anyone knows a stocking distributor I would appreciate the name and number.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    2020 RT , Chalk White

Spyder Garage

I tried this one and it was a no go. Carling Technologies VMS-01 Mounting Bracket, Single, Black

Maybe that one will work. I wound up just taking a dremel to my blank and just cut it out.
    2020 RT Limited Chrome , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by motoguzziman View Post
    I have 2020 RT and I am interested in adding additional USB ports. I want to use the blank rocker switch (3rd one from left) to mount the USB. However, the cut out is too large for the industry standard snap in USBs. The cutout is sized for an L series Carling Switch. I was unable to find any adapter on line that would reduce the 1.75 inch dimension down to the 1.45 that I needed for a good fit. I finally sent an E mail to Carling Technical Department and Tina from Carling responded with exactly what I needed. She even attached a drawing showing the Carling part number for the adapter. She also said that most Carling dealers do not know this part even exists. I am now trying to find a dealer that will order the part for me. Its probably less than 5 dollars so not sure how much interest i am going to get. The part number is a CVA-01 If anyone knows a stocking distributor I would appreciate the name and number.
    Looking at the drawing you attached, I would say it looks to be the right dimensions. Too bad she didn't tell you where you can buy it. Had I known about this and where to buy it, I probably would have used it instead of using the dremel method to the factory dummy blank.

Spyder Garage
    Last edited by Snoking1127; 11-30-2022 at 09:14 PM.
    2018 RT Ltd - Asphalt Metallic - East Valley of Phoenix
    2018 RT Ltd Chrome - Champagne Metallic - Lake Stevens, Wa

(Champagne/Hooker) Magic Mirrors, 360 LED head lights, BajaRon sway bar, H&R springs and shock adjusters, dash cam, foam grips, third brake light 4 LED strobe for 7 seconds and then on steady, rear LED turn signals/8 ohm 50W resistors, sequential turn signals on front fenders, Vredestein and PPA Orb wheels on front and General out back, and driver backrest.

Things that move between machines: Ikea sheep skins, Zumo XT GPS, and extra tools. Hooker is going to be my summer trike up North; and Hookie my winter trike down South.

(Asphalt/Hookie) Elka shocks on front - BajaRon sway bar, OEM driver's backrest, LED headlights, dual USB with voltmeter, dash cam, foam grips - Magic Mirrors - front tires Vredestein Quatrac SL on PPA ORB Chrome wheels.

Spyder Garage