Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Thank you for all help

With help of many here and bajaron, I was able to replace all brake pads, bleed brake lines which I’ve never done before. Brake pads and bleeding wasn’t bad but little daunting at first. bajaron's pads are an improvement for sure but i had to bother him few times with things i wasn't sure about.
    I wrapped the plain black plastic parts while I was at it.
    Few pics of wrapped parts.
    6 states down 42 states to go

Spyder Garage

Wrapped parts look great! Congratulations!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Also got rid of stock air box, replaced HID that was causing humming noise in sound system with fanless LED for head/fog light and installed power commander, bajaron’s spark plug and cable.

Spyder Garage

Great job on the wraps. And congrats on doing your own work. You'll end up with a better job, done sooner, and costing a lot less!

Not sure if it makes all that much difference. I think it does reduce intake noise. But it was fun! I cut the venturies off my stock air box and incorporated them into the JT Air Box. Pretty easy on the 1-10 scale.

JT Air2.jpg
    Last edited by BajaRon; 03-31-2021 at 09:29 AM.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

15 Rs has different airbox and flair is at the other end and won't work like older RS but i don't like the JT's airbox anyway so will take it off and put stock airbox back without the resonator. its too loud for me even with the pre-filter. it makes listening to music harder at high speed and low speed with throttle wide open.
    i will put them up for sale.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by aka1004 View Post
    15 Rs has different airbox and flair is at the other end and won't work like older RS but i don't like the JT's airbox anyway so will take it off and put stock airbox back without the resonator. its too loud for me even with the pre-filter. it makes listening to music harder at high speed and low speed with throttle wide open.
    I removed my JT airbox due to the loud intake roar. Peaceful again now with the oem box back on. Yes, it is a pain to remove but I only remove it once a year.
    2008 GS SM5, Full Moon Silver
    2007 Piaggio MP3 - 250cc

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by aka1004 View Post
    You sound handy .... I had two V-twin Spyders, and added " cold air intakes " on both ..... I used the right side OEM air intake and some 4" alumin. dryer hose ... which I connected to the OEM plastic " air box ". First I cut down the OEM " rubber snorkels because they are much too close to the Radiator over-fill container ( which draws in very hot air to the throttle bodies ) ..... I can still take that Panel off easily ..... If you want to vastly improve the suspension system .... PM me ..... Mike