Spyder Garage

Question Any User feedback or Experience with Sena 10c EVO?

Would be interested to learn of anyone's experience owning/using the Sena 10C EVO cam/comms unit...

Spyder Garage

No experience with the Sena 10c EVO, but I've had a set of the Sena SMH10's for about 6 or 7 years and they were rock solid. Battery life is starting to weaken considerably now and I really only use it for music every once in a while. Since the battery life was shot on the 2nd one of the set, I made up a 2nd use for it. I cut and modified the mount and use it for a very secure mount for my Helmet cam now. Its probably the most secure helmet cam mount out there, sure beats the suction cup method with a safety tether. And it work on my carbon fiber modular helmet without interfering with the flip up.
    2020 Can Am Ryker Rally Sport Touring Edition

Spyder Garage

I have the 10C Pro, the model before the Evo, RykerRally, and a couple of good improvements have been made to the Evo. It’s a bit hard to give an in-depth review here, but it is easy to use to take both photos or videos, easy to incorporate voice commentary, and easy to use concurrently as an intercom. A quick search for 10c Evo reviews on the web will give you several in depth reviews from independent sources.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Hello. I have been using the combination device for a year and I am very satisfied with the performance. The communication is great, range in the range of the usual devices. I have the camera running in 1080p60 mode. The recordings, including the sound, are very useful. The only thing I miss is a stabilizer against blurring.
    Check out my videos: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCG6..._vBvFqdKA/vide

Spyder Garage

I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on the 10C EVO myself. Just waiting on confirmation that the 5S clamps will work with it. That will save me some $$ on accessory helmet kits. A Sena rep thinks it will, but getting sent higher up for actual verification..

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peteoz View Post
    I have the 10C Pro, the model before the Evo, RykerRally, and a couple of good improvements have been made to the Evo. It’s a bit hard to give an in-depth review here, but it is easy to use to take both photos or videos, easy to incorporate voice commentary, and easy to use concurrently as an intercom. A quick search for 10c Evo reviews on the web will give you several in depth reviews from independent sources.

Pete
    Morn'n (afternoon) Pete,
    I see you own/use the 10C Pro. I use a Sena 5S and am considering the 10C EVO, and it looks like the mounting is similar to the Evo/Pro units. It would save me some $$ in mounts for multiple helmets if they're the same. Here is a photo of my 5S sticky mount. The mounting tab measures a touch more than 1" in both height and width (28mm/29mm). At your convenience, can you check what your 10C Pro sticky mount clamp measures? Hopefully Sena doesn't feel the need to make them different Thanks, troop
    Attached Images Attached Images

2022 RT Sea To Sky

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by troop View Post
    Morn'n (afternoon) Pete,
    I see you own/use the 10C EVO. I use a Sena 5S and am considering the 10C EVO, and it looks like the mounting is similar. It would save me some $$ in mounts for multiple helmets if they're the same. Here is a photo of my 5S sticky mount. The mounting tab measures a touch more than 1" in both height and width (28mm/29mm). At your convenience, can you check what your 10C EVO sticky mount clamp measures? Hopefully Sena doesn't feel the need to make them different Thanks, troop
    Hey Troop, it was actually neither morning nor afternoon when you posted, but just after midnight
    Unfortunately, I can’t be a lot of help, for a couple of reasons. First, I have the forerunner of the 10c Evo, which was the 10c Pro, and it is slightly different in mounting and form. Second, I have used the permanent (screw) mounting plate and can’t find the old stick-on plate....if there was one. The mounting is definitely different from non camera Sena gear, as the 10c needs to rotate up/down to get the right angle for movies. If you put a normal Sena sticky mount on, the camera will be fixed, and may point at the sky or your front guard. I have included a photo of my mount, where you can see the rotation features on the mount and the camera. Hope this helps in some small way. There are a couple of decent u-tube reviews on installation where the mounting is mentioned.......Cruizeman’s Garage.

EDD3AF2E-8897-44C8-B336-5E7670223155.jpg

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Hey Troop, it was actually neither morning nor afternoon when you posted, but just after midnight
    Unfortunately, I can’t be a lot of help, for a couple of reasons. First, I have the forerunner of the 10c Evo, which was the 10c Pro, and it is slightly different in mounting and form. Second, I have used the permanent (screw) mounting plate and can’t find the old stick-on plate....if there was one. The mounting is definitely different from non camera Sena gear, as the 10c needs to rotate up/down to get the right angle for movies. If you put a normal Sena sticky mount on, the camera will be fixed, and may point at the sky or your front guard. I have included a photo of my mount, where you can see the rotation features on the mount and the camera. Hope this helps in some small way. There are a couple of decent u-tube reviews on installation where the mounting is mentioned.......Cruizeman’s Garage.

EDD3AF2E-8897-44C8-B336-5E7670223155.jpg

Pete
    No worries .. Can you slide the the mount portion out of device itself and measure the back of the device? The 10C EVO and PRO use the same mounts, and I believe it is similar to my 5S. My 5S clamp slide measures approx. 1-1/16" wide and 9/16" high. I understand the reason for the rotating clamp, but (2) of my modular helmets have the inner shield slide mechanism on the lower edge. I'll have to place stick on clamps at best angle that works. Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images

2022 RT Sea To Sky

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by troop View Post
    No worries .. Can you slide the the mount portion out of device itself and measure the back of the device? The 10C EVO and PRO use the same mounts, and I believe it is similar to my 5S. My 5S clamp slide measures approx. 1-1/16" wide and 9/16" high. I understand the reason for the rotating clamp, but (2) of my modular helmets have the inner shield slide mechanism on the lower edge. I'll have to place stick on clamps at best angle that works. Thanks
    Didn’t even know you could pull the wheel off the mount .

The width of the mount bracket is below. It’s around 3.3mm thick.....difficult to get a good measurement on the back of the Pro itself, but the bracket should give it to you hopefully.
    3E07260B-DD63-4A68-92F7-A5B90D1777B7.jpg

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Kenda Kanine rear.

Spyder Garage

Didn’t even know you could pull the wheel off the mount .

The width of the mount bracket is below. It’s around 3.3mm thick.....difficult to get a good measurement on the back of the Pro itself, but the bracket should give it to you hopefully.
    3E07260B-DD63-4A68-92F7-A5B90D1777B7.jpg

Pete
    Cool .. I think it just might work, as the 5S doesn't have electrical mounts

** 10C EVO mounts snug enough on the 5S mounts, BUT, the 5S doesn't mount on the 10C EVO mounts **

2022 RT Sea To Sky