Spyder Garage

Lightbulb Stock Seat for 2012 Spyder RT SE5

Recently purchased a 2012 Spyder RT from a friend which due to his size had the original seat configuration altered. This friend and I had 2012 RTs but I sold mine a few years back but regretted doing so, so I’m back on the road, but the seat has got to go. Has anyone upgraded or changed seats and kept the original and be willing to part with it. The seat was modified to remove the saddle front and rear so he was able to slide back further. Although the seat was comfortable for him, it’s not for me. Also as an option is there any replacement cover assemblies that could be had that could just strip the old one off and utilize my original seat base assembly. Looking right now on eBay, and some were found but with shipping cost exceeding the asking prices for the seat itself. As I remember from my past experiences this site is the best place, bar none for CanAm solutions. Glad to be back.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BlueLine View Post
    Recently purchased a 2012 Spyder RT from a friend which due to his size had the original seat configuration altered. This friend and I had 2012 RTs but I sold mine a few years back but regretted doing so, so I’m back on the road, but the seat has got to go. Has anyone upgraded or changed seats and kept the original and be willing to part with it. The seat was modified to remove the saddle front and rear so he was able to slide back further. Although the seat was comfortable for him, it’s not for me. Also as an option is there any replacement cover assemblies that could be had that could just strip the old one off and utilize my original seat base assembly. Looking right now on eBay, and some were found but with shipping cost exceeding the asking prices for the seat itself. As I remember from my past experiences this site is the best place, bar none for CanAm solutions. Glad to be back.
    I two a 17 and an 18, they are new & would fit .... ( they have the OEM cut-out for the drivers back-rest either BRP or Utopia or others ) .... the problem is shipping either...... wish I could help ...... Mike

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the response, I too am a Blue Knight. Your location looks a little far for a day trip, can either be shipped.

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the response, I too am a Blue Knight. Your location looks a little far for a day trip, can either be shipped.
    un-fortunately shipping is prohibitively expensive ....... Mike

Spyder Garage

Made offer on eBay on one, got it cheaper than the shipping, but need is need. Thanks to those that responded. Not sure how to respond back to pm’s, keep getting message of not authorized to respond to other members, which I’ll find a way soon I hope.
    Last edited by BlueLine; 03-31-2021 at 08:57 AM.

Spyder Garage

Made offer on eBay on one, got it cheaper than the shipping, but need is need. Thanks to those that responded. Not sure how to respond back to pm’s, keep getting message of not authorized to respond to other members, which I’ll find a way soon I hope.
    At the bottom of your thread or post are two choices ... " thanks for this post .. or .. " like this post " ...if you click the emoji the folks who posted will know how you feel ..... imho not enough people use this ..... good luck, glad you found a way to get it ..... Mike