Spyder Garage

Default Has Anyone Tried the Can Am Nolan Helmet

Hi,
    Just wondering if anyone has tried any of the Nolan Can Am helmets...particularly the N40-5 GT?
    I’ve seen some close out sales on these, and wondered if they’re any good; or if there’s something else that would be a better option?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Syd7890 View Post
    Hi,
    Just wondering if anyone has tried any of the Nolan Can Am helmets...particularly the N40-5 GT?
    I’ve seen some close out sales on these, and wondered if they’re any good; or if there’s something else that would be a better option?
    I've been using an N40 for the last 3 years. Good helmet, very versatile. I just upgraded to an N70-2x since my N40 was getting a bit worn on the inside.

The N40 has been out for about 5 years and is pretty much gone from inventory, at least in the US. You can still find them on the Euro stores like chromeburner in all sizes. Curious where you find them with a Can Am logo, as I looked for a while and didnt find any.

The N70 helmets are now available from Amazon from some 3rd party sellers. Not that I wanted to buy from a 3rd party seller, but I did get Revzilla to price match it down to a decent price.
    2019 BMW C650GT, 2010 Spyder RT-S, 2009 BMW R1200RT,(sold) 2009 Honda Silverwing (Sold), 2009 Kawasaki 500 Vulcan (Sold)

\
    2010 RT SE5 , Black

Spyder Garage

I rode with a Nolan N-103 for a few years. I liked it but didn’t like the lack of versatility. I changed ho a Shark Evo One. Great helmet the can be worn as full face or three quarter with face shield or just the sun screen
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2018 F3 Limited - Intense Red Pearl . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Spyder Garage

Nolan is a good brand. I have used them for over 10 years. I have six assorted currently. Have used the 103 types, but did not like the full face enclosure. When the modulars came out (40's) I quickly jumped to them. My last purchase was the Nolan n-comms. I liked the front visor set up, but not the communicators. Compared to the Sena's we now use, much weaker and not the longer distance.

When Bell came out with the Mag 9/Sena...Nolan lost a customer. The Sena's are built in and work better than any of the previous Sena set up we had. On our third year with the Bells.

Never tried the BRP branded version of the Nolans.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Haven't tried the BRP/Nolan helmet, but we've been using the Nolan N43 Trilogy for about 5 years, and have liked them a lot. Funky looking things, with a big, wide, top to bottom view through the shield, but they have worked well.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BigLenny View Post
    Haven't tried the BRP/Nolan helmet, but we've been using the Nolan N43 Trilogy for about 5 years, and have liked them a lot. Funky looking things, with a big, wide, top to bottom view through the shield, but they have worked well.
    The N43's were also our most favorite version of the Nolans...until the Bells came out with Sena built in.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ARtraveler View Post
    The N43's were also our most favorite version of the Nolans...until the Bells came out with Sena built in.
    I think I'm gonna look at those Bell's you speak of. Our Nolan's are getting a little long in the tooth. Time to replace.

Very Active Member tofriendscreek's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I have used Nolan helmets since 2011. For me the fit is good. They have a wide view face shield. As noted by a few previous posters, the older N-Com systems were not very robust. The N43 Trilogy I still use for around town, shorter distance or super hot days. My main helmet is the Nolan N91. It’s a great modular unit. It also has the newest N-Com BT which fits neatly into the side of the helmet. It is hugely better than previous N-Comm’s.
    2022 Plasma Red, F3 Limited, Special Series

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Our Nolan snowmobile helmets were the best we have owned. They stopped making a dedicated sled helmet.

Spyder Garage

I’ve worn Shoei modular helmet for 14yrs and have loved how it fit (I have a small head 6 7/8) I wore an extra small. This helmet also has a flip down sun visor that is awesome for those who wear glasses. Currently the Shoei Modular has a set up for Sena communications system. I always used my molded silicone ear pieces (Big Ear.com) and this combo of helmet and ear protection made it very quiet and yet I could still hear cars and things around me. It’s time to get another helmet and I will get another Shoei Modular.