Spyder Garage

Default 7jurock on F3 Ltd size suggestion?

I am interested in the size 7jurock shield you use if you are tall. I am 6’4” and want to look over the shield. Would the 24” wideboy be to tall? The 7jurock site doesn’t seem to have any size to height advice or measurements. Let me know how tall you are, which size screen you use and if you look over or thru. Thanks everyone

Spyder Garage

You might like to add your inleg length to that question, Gc. Someone the same height as you may have a much shorter or longer inleg, meaning the screen won’t fit as you would like. Have you tried calling 7Jurock? They may be able to supply exactly the info you need re measurements.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

7Jurock measures height from to to bottom of the plastic along the centerline. They will make any height and w/s you want and not charge more than the going price that height. Always get the flip, they work! The flip allows a shorter w/s to perform as if it was taller.
    To check for the height you want, clip or tape a piece of cardboard to the top of the w/s and go riding. Raise or lower it until you get the height you want. That's it! Call them, they are easy to work with. And yes, I have one of their customs made to my specs. It's 9" wider than stock and uses the stock brackets.

DSCN2869.jpg
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Spyder Garage

Good suggestion. For my height I think my inseam is on the short side at 34”

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RICZ View Post
    7Jurock measures height from to to bottom of the plastic along the centerline. They will make any height and w/s you want and not charge more than the going price that height. Always get the flip, they work! The flip allows a shorter w/s to perform as if it was taller.
    To check for the height you want, clip or tape a piece of cardboard to the top of the w/s and go riding. Raise or lower it until you get the height you want. That's it! Call them, they are easy to work with. And yes, I have one of their customs made to my specs. It's 9" wider than stock and uses the stock

DSCN2869.jpg
    . Thanks I will try the cardboard tip. Is yours based off of the tall boy model?

Spyder Garage

As per the recommendations of RICZ I had 7Jurock make a custom wider shield, but I am shorter than you. If you call them they may be able to make what you want, or at least make a recommendation.

johnv
    USMC RETIRED

BLUE KNIGHTS NYV

2022 F3T Glacier Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Gcclubs View Post
    . Thanks I will try the cardboard tip. Is yours based off of the tall boy model?
    No...it's my own design.
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Girard OH (summer) Greenville SC (winter)
    Spyder Garage

One can add an 11.5 inch (280mm) Moparty extender which adds much more for height protection while still allowing one to look through the space as if looking over the shield. I was particularly impressed by its ability to prevent the buffeting on the helmet by this addition. I have also added Slingshot extenders to the side. You will find that when you protect from the front, you will get a BACKDRAFT which is a wind from the rear as the vacuum from behind the shield will suck air onto your back and neck. I encountered that with my GL1800 and worked through a few solutions to that on my BACKDRAFT page.

https://www.rattlebars.com/chetswing/backdraft.html

Full details & links on my page 2016 F3-T and many how to's under AIR CONTROL.
    to see my 2016 F3-T and many how to's
    2016 F3-T SE6 Roadster , Extended brake pedal for which I drilled out the brake rod yolk to lower it and added spacers to lift it slightly Black/Grey